Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJan 09, 2013 10:27 am
Alastoreo wrote:
They spend money because of your AP monopoly of basic items, not because for your better service. They spend money in spite of your services, not because of it.

I find it ironic that the Aeria customer service staff (myself included) always fight for better service, yet players argue that despite all of our data that shows how important it is... that it doesn't really matter.

It is this type of attitude that always makes it difficult to get improvements in service. There is always someone to make the argument that it doesn't really matter, or even that it may matter, but just not enough.

Advertisement

Zimmey4

Rank 1
Zimmey4
PostedJan 09, 2013 12:14 pm
Superman0X wrote:
Game_Rage wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Game_Rage wrote:
Avyn wrote:
If your interests as a customer are not being represented, perhaps you are not the customer.  

If that's the case then 52%(according to last poll) of AGE's "customers" need to stop shoving out their hard earned cash into this company's pockets.  

Why would you think that players that are unhappy with our service are giving us money... It is only reasonable to assume that those giving the money are those that are most likely to be happy.  
...Or they just put their priorities in self enjoyment over mediocre service. I personally have been doing that for this company for years. Remember loving the game isn't exactly the same as loving your 'services'.  

You are basically making the argument that the level of service doesn't matter.

I will disagree with you on that, and there is lots of data to back me up. People (generally) spend money for better service.... and they stop spending money if they don't get the service they desire.

I will admit that there are exceptions to every rule... but as a business, you cant really go wrong with offering good service, wherever possible.  

To the contrary Supes, "Value is king", people generally don't shop at Wal-Mart or Amazon because of their customer service skills. One of the major fallacy with the F2P gaming industry is the quasi-monopoly publishers have with their games. I'd bet my 401k that if Aeria had competition in the same market with the same products Aeria would step their service level up. Since there is no competition, Aeria is free to offer sub-standard service.

I have bought my fair share of AP over the years. I expect/demand a higher level of service from Aeria, and in turn Aeria should expect a higher level of service from the developers. The developers you choose directly impacts the level of service you can provide. I am reminded of an old adage "poop in, poop out"

Zimmey4

Rank 1
Zimmey4
PostedJan 09, 2013 12:21 pm
Superman0X wrote:
Game_Rage wrote:
Avyn wrote:
If your interests as a customer are not being represented, perhaps you are not the customer.  

If that's the case then 52%(according to last poll) of AGE's "customers" need to stop shoving out their hard earned cash into this company's pockets.  

Why would you think that players that are unhappy with our service are giving us money... It is only reasonable to assume that those giving the money are those that are most likely to be happy.  

Or proving that you cannot buy happiness.

Panderp.

Rank 4
Panderp.
PostedJan 09, 2013 12:32 pm
Here's an idea. For 1 month, instead of people spending AP on items in game, they spend it as a way to rank Aeria's services.

IE: Today I think Aeria did well on their ticket response time. I buy & spend 1000 AP!

That way it'll be easy to discern why people are currently spending AP. Is it because of Aeria's great service? or because the game they play requires them to do so?

This is why I don't play DWO

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedJan 09, 2013 1:06 pm
Superman0X wrote:
Alastoreo wrote:
They spend money because of your AP monopoly of basic items, not because for your better service. They spend money in spite of your services, not because of it.

I find it ironic that the Aeria customer service staff (myself included) always fight for better service, yet players argue that despite all of our data that shows how important it is... that it doesn't really matter.

It is this type of attitude that always makes it difficult to get improvements in service. There is always someone to make the argument that it doesn't really matter, or even that it may matter, but just not enough.  
I find it ironic that you my opinion ironic when players give you feedback on the monthly feedback threads to tell you that EoM costs are too high and driving players away from the game, yet you argue that despite all the negative feedback show how important it is, that it doesn't really matter because 'doom-mongers' has always existed and the game is still alive.

It is this type of attitude that always makes it difficult to make constructive suggestions in feedback. There is always someone to make the argument that it doesn't really matter, or even if it matter, but just not enough.

The term service is so vague it is pointless to argue about how you and your staff always fight for better service. You might term better service as those from the billing department which I must admit is commendable. But you very well know that the majority of the service related complaints are not from billing but from the delays and errors in tickets from in game items you sell.

Service matters, but ensuring the games run smoothly matters more. Ideally we want both but given a choice we can tolerate slightly bad service if the game is still fun to play. I don't understand how you can lay claim that players spending on the game is solely based on your services when you ensured nobody can the play your FTP games without AP influence.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

Short_Amigo

Rank 4
Short_Amigo
PostedJan 09, 2013 1:42 pm
Zimmey4 wrote:

Or proving that you cannot buy happiness.  

I bought happiness.

dolla dolla bill yall.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedJan 09, 2013 3:37 pm
Superman, it's quite simple.

Take Shaiya as an example. You guys HAPPEN to be one of the few official publishers of the game, and for many the only alternative. If people want to continue playing Shaiya legally, a whole lot of them are stuck with Aeria Games, regardless of what they think of your level of service. Several players, and I daresay I know a few after playing the game for over 4 years, are so annoyed and aggravated over the decline in service, that they would party for a month if Aeria was stripped of the publishing rights for the game.

And these are PAYING players. They pay because they a) like the game (or what the game USED to be), and b) they have to if they are going to be able to get by in the game in any way. They do NOT pay because Aeria is such an awesome company.

Ticket handling time in Shaiya is at an all time high, despite all the negative feedback. Can you honestly say that people do not base their impressions of a company on how it performs, especially in terms of efficiency where handling its customers go? We like Shaiya, but to be perfectly frank, we could do very well without Aeria unless you guys step up your act something fierce.

I am not saying that another publisher is likely to do better (or worse), I am saying that you are failing to achieve the level of service YOUR paying customers EXPECT, and because there is no real alternative, we are stuck with your substandard service as long as we want to play Shaiya.

That said, I hope for the sake of your customers and your fellow employees that we will see significant and VISIBLE efforts to improve service within a matter of weeks and that 2013 will bring positive changes for all. 2012 doesn't take much to improve on.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

Zimmey4

Rank 1
Zimmey4
PostedJan 09, 2013 7:14 pm
@Supes, Aeria should be embarrassed for having "Adult Pics" in the soldier front forum for hours while the GM's are at work and since it was reported countless times . It all goes back to the level of service Aeria provides.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJan 09, 2013 7:40 pm
Zimmey4 wrote:
A open letter to Aeria  

It's An*.

netRam59

Rank 0
PostedJan 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: A open letter to Aeria

the time for change is now
Zimmey4 wrote:
think of all those people who lost their jobs with AGE in September, I hope the disruption in their lives wasn't in vein.
Zimmey  

What do you mean 'lost their jobs with AGE in September?' What happened? I didnt hear about this?