iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJan 08, 2013 10:15 am
minuzaki wrote:
That being said, English is spoken and taught as a second language in many different countries. Why not welcome them with open arms?  

Not like they IP blocked any countries lol. I agree the times are a bit tedious, but it's understandable they set the times to fit the US population. For the people that can't participate in the events at the set time, they'll just have to find a way to adjust or simply accept that they can't participate.

Advertisement

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedJan 09, 2013 9:13 am
MuseX88 wrote:
evilishan wrote:
MuseX88 wrote:
They would only be able to play it once a day, which defeats the purpose of this being the american version.

The american version is made for american players, not for everyone else, although everyone else are welcome to play Smile

It would be unfair to do events that US players can't join.  

Well ya know, it's GF english and not... GF US.
I would say there are enough Euro and Asian & Oceanian players to warrant better, more frequent WB times.

With that said if you are having trouble with WB times, I have found Grand Fantasia Indonesia to be have times closer to my normal wakeup and sleep time. With that said, the site will be difficult to navigate.. unless you know Indo.. or have a good translator Razz  

Actually, this is the NA version of Grand Fantasia. Not simply the "english" version, although it is the only english version out there AFAIK.

Usually when other server are released, like a german or french server, they will be located in their respective countries, and will have event times that will match normal working hours in that country.  

@Bambi: Yes, it is understandable that they have set the times to fit a US population, but there is nothing wrong with being flexible.

GF EN is advertised as GF EN to attract all English speaking populations. Where the server is located I couldn't really care less. I would want there to be times convienient to wherever there is significant English speaking population and significant spending power. It's the only fair thing to do. If other games can make multiple servers for different times zones, then this is the very least they can do for us.

This is an issue that can be dealt with, and I don't think it should be a 'conform or get lost' matter like people are making it out to be. Sad

Or by all means make a new Europe based GF EN server and thin the population out even more.

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedJan 09, 2013 9:46 am
To be honest, I know more global players than US Citizen players. And I sure as Hades know that I know a lot of people. The majority of GF's players come from mostly European countries. Not the US itself. It says a lot, to be honest.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

whoeverxwins

Rank 2
whoeverxwins
PostedJan 09, 2013 9:49 am
^

I know a lot of people from Europe who play GF. At least as many as US players I know. I'm in the US, so it doesn't affect me, but I don't think it would hurt to have things twice a day (12 hours apart). It may be something that just hasn't been brought up to the developers.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJan 09, 2013 12:27 pm
The only thing I can see successfully added an alternative time for is the low level emissaries. The illusionary ones require more than a few people to efficiently kill, so splitting the already low amount of people willing to kill them into two different times has no good effect.

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedJan 09, 2013 5:42 pm
iBambi wrote:
The only thing I can see successfully added an alternative time for is the low level emissaries. The illusionary ones require more than a few people to efficiently kill, so splitting the already low amount of people willing to kill them into two different times has no good effect.  

That would sounds fine.

whoeverxwins

Rank 2
whoeverxwins
PostedJan 09, 2013 6:27 pm
I guess it depends on how many high level players there are in an opposite time zone. Maybe Aeria could do a survey to find out that info. A question such as what time zone are you in, what level is your character(s), and do you currently participate in World Boss battles. Also, would you participate if there was a time set that was better for your time zone (since it wouldn't matter how many people there are if they don't plan to particpate XD). Then they could go from there once they knew if it was worth doing any of the emissaries, just the low level ones, or all of them. ^^

SAMSAD

Rank 0
SAMSAD
PostedJan 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Fine

I think there is enough European and Asian ppl for the WB's but only the low lvls and other WB's would also be fine*and WB is not the only problem GW is also important for European and Asians. since they have alot of important items and talents so i think it'd be best if they do the events twice a day.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJan 10, 2013 4:54 am
whoeverxwins wrote:
I guess it depends on how many high level players there are in an opposite time zone. Maybe Aeria could do a survey to find out that info. A question such as what time zone are you in, what level is your character(s), and do you currently participate in World Boss battles. Also, would you participate if there was a time set that was better for your time zone (since it wouldn't matter how many people there are if they don't plan to particpate XD). Then they could go from there once they knew if it was worth doing any of the emissaries, just the low level ones, or all of them. ^^  

We have a enough high level players for a lot of stuff, the issue is that most of those high level players don't bother doing anything any more, as the end-game is rather dead.

Good luck pushing forward the idea of added times though.

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedJan 10, 2013 5:17 am
iBambi wrote:
whoeverxwins wrote:

We have a enough high level players for a lot of stuff, the issue is that most of those high level players don't bother doing anything any more, as the end-game is rather dead.

Good luck pushing forward the idea of added times though.  
In game wouldn't be so dead if we actually got off our lazy butts and did stuff. We complain that PvP doesn't start? Two days ago 7 FA's went in a row, Probably more. I'm just estimating. If we weren't so lazy, we wouldn't be as bored.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii