Memphis

Aeria: Product Manager
Memphis
PostedJan 06, 2013 8:38 pm   Last edited by Memphis on Feb 11, 2013 12:02 pm. Edited 1 time in total

January State of Golden Age Address

Memphis Edition
Hello Everyone!

This will be our 2nd edition of the "State of Golden Age Address". For those of you who do not know what this address is about; it's simple, each month I will give everyone a heads up on what is coming, and what to expect. Get ready for our January edition of the Golden Age Address!

Get informed with the latest and greatest in Golden Age below.

Don't forget to leave your feedback!

State of Golden Age Address
January 2013 Edition

Smashing Rumors

There have been a lot of rumors flying around Golden Age as of recently, and I am here to tell you all that all of them are not true. The main rumor that I have heard is regarding a "Server Merge". Aeria does not plan on Merging servers anytime soon, so please forget what you have heard regarding it.

If and when we do plan on merging servers, I will inform everyone ahead of time to prepare for everything.

Bugs in Golden Age

We have currently fixed the Talisman bug in-game, and currently working hard with the developers to fix the missing Wonder issue in Titans. We apologize about the delay in resolving this, but we are working hard on it, and will update our community as soon as we get a solution.

Contact Us Now

With Each Month Comes New Stuff...

The start of the new year is a wonderful thing. We currently have a nice patch coming for you guys soon, but do not have a ETA on it. Me and the GM staff have seen it, and no doubt, will any of you be disappointed!

A new service system we might be trying

I have heard from many players, and after speaking with our GM staff, I feel it is time that some of you are able to get rid of your items! What do I mean? Simple! When everything has been ironed out, we will be slowly introducing a "trade" system, so players no longer get "sniped" by using the Auction House to help out their friends or lowbies.

This system will allow you to send ANY "tradable" item to anyone you want in game without using the Auction House, so you know for 100%, the item you wanna give away will go to the right person! (More information will be given about this in the upcoming weeks)

PS: We are aware players will want to send warlord gear, etc etc to other peoples account also, and this is something we will be discussing more about in the upcoming days. Please be patient.

As far as how much this system will cost, and how to obtain it, we have not decided yet. For now, we will most likely implement this into a tier. Each tier you complete, you will earn 1 credit (1 trade) to another account.

For example:

If 1 tier has 8 tiers in it, and you complete all 8. You will have 8 credits to transfer 8 items towards another account, friend, etc etc.

Again, please note, this STILL HAS NOT BEEN IRONED OUT. Everything is subject to change.

Tiers and Promotions

As you all know, I love running tiers and flash tiers to give all our spenders, new and old something to spend on. We will continue to give you all some awesome things in tiers, and at the same time, offer some amazing low exchange tiers for all our low spenders, new spenders, etc etc

Please remember, not all tiers will blow your minds, some tiers will benefit lower level players, while some tiers will drastically make our high level players happy. My plan is to find the balance between everything, and make everyone happy.

log in each day! Why? Because sometimes I will run a 12-24 hour tier, and if you do not see it.... you wont be able to qualify for it! Trust me, it will be AWESOME!

Communication within Golden Age...

I enjoy talking with the community, and I make it a priority to talk with everyone in-game, and in the shout box. From the second I come to work, till the second I leave, I am always lurking in our shout box, so please, dont hesitate to drop by the shout box and say hi. If you have any questions regarding ANYTHING, please let me know immediately and I will try my best answer it for you.

MORE EVENTS

We plan on having a lot more events, that will engage our entire community. If you have ideas on events that we can run to grow Golden Age, grow the forumers, and make our shout box a exciting place, please let us know!

Lastly... FACEBOOK

I plan on growing our Facebook, by having a lot of Aeria player try Golden age out, and liking our page. With your help, we will grow this game and our Facebook page

I believe this is it for our January State of Address. If you all have questions or concerns, please let us know and we can do what is needed to get it answered for you!

Rome was not built in a day, nor will Golden Age, but it will be with your help

-Memphis
Advertisement

EquinoxBlade

Rank 2
EquinoxBlade
PostedJan 06, 2013 8:48 pm
o.o A trade system! Yay!!!!

barthalimul

Rank 1
barthalimul
PostedJan 06, 2013 9:05 pm
You had me at hello and As always still cant give up the game no matter how upset I get so look forward to the changes

wktmarine

GameSage: Aeria Browser
wktmarine
PostedJan 06, 2013 9:08 pm
looks like another fun and eventful month to me...looking forward to the new stuff

LazyMed

Rank 0
PostedJan 06, 2013 9:23 pm
the trade system is meh.. from the looks of it..
we can NOT pay.. and just use the auction..( but chance of it getting taken away)
but titans has a community rule set in place already.. so far it has been working.

now u wanna put a "paying" feature.. to trade items..
it realli sounds kinda stupid...

i can chance it (knowing the titans community rule) for free...*cough* or erm 1 gem..
or i can PAY to help a friend...
which one would u do?

i think we should take a server vote on what the trade system should be like.
at least then u would get an idea of what the servers what.

<a></a>

KenderTDS

Rank 1
PostedJan 06, 2013 9:28 pm
Just because Memphis said Tier doesn't mean it has to be Gold/AP. They could set it up with Gems / Coins as well.

My suggestion is to wait and see how it is implemented before bashing the idea.

LazyMed

Rank 0
PostedJan 06, 2013 9:31 pm
KenderTDS wrote:
Just because Memphis said Tier doesn't mean it has to be Gold/AP. They could set it up with Gems / Coins as well.

yes.. tiers in gems/coins... that'd be the day..
and if you actulli read it you'd understand what im saying.

im saying.. why pay to help some1.. when its already free..
*rolls eyes* and you wanna be a GS... HA!

<a></a>

wktmarine

wktmarine
PostedJan 06, 2013 9:36 pm
LazyMed wrote:
KenderTDS wrote:

i have read it and from what i see it says For example...meaning they are still thinking of a way that it will benefit everyone.

LazyMed

Rank 0
PostedJan 06, 2013 9:39 pm
wktmarine wrote:
LazyMed wrote:
KenderTDS wrote:

i have read it and from what i see it says For example...meaning they are still thinking of a way that it will benefit everyone.  

and i also said to take a server vote.
put some ideas up. and we vote

<a></a>

vampofval21

vampofval21
PostedJan 06, 2013 9:44 pm
LazyMed wrote:
KenderTDS wrote:

Snarkyness aside, I have to agree that I'm skittish about the idea of having to pay for "trading", which - by definition - is a free method of item transference, and the price of which is determined by the parties involved. At the moment, it sounds like a secondary bartering system, like a third-party game market (i.e: the Auction House we already have). Perhaps we can instead work on having the mailing system actually function and start allowing items to be mailed between players, as opposed to the limited amount of coins. At least then, if we have to pay a price, the ensuing "tax" would make sense because we are using the post system rather than standing next to someone and giving them stuff. I hope this is the direction we fall in when implementing this system of trade. (Bonus: Can we consider a modification of the whole coin thing? So we can send however much coin we want to any one person rather than a prescripted, random amount? At the moment, even sending coin between two people of the same level as me, one person might be able to receive upwards of 3mill whereas the other will be limited to just above 500k, notwithstanding either person's current coin reception limit.)

Closing Notes: I approve. Carry on.