Straw_hats

Rank 0
PostedJan 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Darkstalker pvp

Are Darkstalkers broken?
Hey everyone, from a lot of people and forums I have heard and read that darkstalkers suck. Well I want to play a assassin but I donít want to play the class if it sucks late game. So I was wondering do darkstalkers suck? If so is it all levels or a certain level? And what about wind shadows?
Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedJan 06, 2013 6:59 pm
Aristan.

Ok Ok in all seriousness. Ahm, Assassins are deadly. No doubt about that. But they really don't unlock their true potential until around level 70. Then ofc they are are absolutely not broken. I've seen certain Darkstalkers take on and kill an entire team and walk away untouched. Whoever told you this obviously hasn't met a good Darkstalker. Windshadows are even more deadlier than darkstalkers. The amount of debuffs they can put on you in a flash so fast it'll make your head spin.

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedJan 06, 2013 7:14 pm
Aristan is an average DS, no clue why you'd bring him up. There's a huge number of DS's out there and a lot are relatively competent, he's no different

Assassin is a good PvP class. they're over played due to this OPness. Particularly in 70 and above, they get a huge boost in effectiveness due to the addition of the incredibly overpowered mecha tome skill (a summonable "bit" that deals absolute damage over time that can't be reduced)

But sin overall is an effective PvP class, but like every other class, it needs to be built correctly. you on't be topping any rankings running around in legacy and whatnot. You need to prepare to be effective.

The.Mayor.

Rank 1
The.Mayor.
PostedJan 07, 2013 9:06 pm
Darkstalker is a great class at 70 and 80 if well played and the new skills just made them better, make a good use of that Bit to stack with your DoT's.
Once they change to WS they become so broken and so OP to the point that it isn't fair and it isn't just me who thinks like that, many other players (from other classes) agree lol

awesomemale14

Rank 0
awesomemale14
PostedJan 07, 2013 9:19 pm

what i think about them

i have a 70 pvp DS who is equiped with the 70 and 60 yellow swords and only fortified to 9 and 8 and he still isnt very good for killing but i think he is amazing for getting crystals in sprite battlefield and the best thing about them is they r fun to play Very Happy

dvdljns

Rank 0
PostedJan 14, 2013 9:50 pm
Why is it everytime a class starts winning in pvp it is said that it is op to the point of being unfair. When I first started playing this game that was being said about the wizard class. That the the powerfull stun abillity made it unfair in pvp. now it is assasin/windshadow. in lower lvls the ones who take the time in gold/ap to really + their equips is being unfair. you hear that all the time. +15 should not be allowed to pvp because it is unfair. I don't even do pvp and get sick of the crying. If there is really no way to compete with them then either build 1 to pvp or stop playing pvp. but please stop with the crying of unfair. it is not unfair that you lose. and if they really was that much better everyone would play 1. Whats going to end up happening is they will make adjustments and then another class will be unfair. But once the whining starts there is no end to it.
You lost you should learn to man/woman up about.

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedJan 14, 2013 9:59 pm
Straw_hats wrote:
Hey everyone, from a lot of people and forums I have heard and read that darkstalkers suck. Well I want to play a assassin but I donít want to play the class if it sucks late game. So I was wondering do darkstalkers suck? If so is it all levels or a certain level? And what about wind shadows?  

Okay. Here's the deal.

Every PVP bracket has an "OP" class that tends to dominate or out shine other classes in that arena, usually it's because of various EQs classes have access to according to their level. That's how it is in Grand Fantasia.

Of course, there are the exceptions, the players who know their class, have top of the line EQs, and again know their class. Does that mean that class is now "the best class of that bracket"? No. It means they're a very skilled player who put in the effort OR not a lot of people play their counter classes/can counter them skill wise in that arena.

However Windshadow in my honest opinion will always be "wtfOP" and outshine Darkstalker by a long shot to me. I've seen even the worst WSes do extremely scary damage to people. Quite sad really.

But no, Darkstalkers do not "suck." You just have to pick the right bracket for them or spend quite a bit of time skill wise/gear wise with it.