oCdCookie

Rank 2
oCdCookie
PostedJan 06, 2013 4:23 pm

Parties?

Well I read that once a paladin becomes level 65 they can become a templar but people dont like them in there grinding parties!

Q1: What is grinding parties?
Q2: Y dont they ant good damage tankers in there party?

Advertisement

kakazu876

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
kakazu876
With my love and grape kool-aid United States
PostedJan 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Templars~

Q1: A grinding party is a party usually consisting of DPS classes (Assassin, Ranger, ect.). When in a grinding party the goal is to kill monsters quickly to gain quick EXP. Since Templars are more of a tanking class and lack DPS, they usually arent wanted in grinding parties.
Q2: Grinding parties dont usually kill large damage dealing monsters. There is no need for a tank when killing many regular mobs quickly.
~Hope this helped!

oCdCookie

Rank 2
oCdCookie
PostedJan 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: Templars~

kakazu876 wrote:
Q1: A grinding party is a party usually consisting of DPS classes (Assassin, Ranger, ect.). When in a grinding party the goal is to kill monsters quickly to gain quick EXP. Since Templars are more of a tanking class and lack DPS, they usually arent wanted in grinding parties.
Q2: Grinding parties dont usually kill large damage dealing monsters. There is no need for a tank when killing many regular mobs quickly.
~Hope this helped!  

Ty Very Happy Really appreciate your help.

Divine_Sorrow

Rank 0
Divine_Sorrow
PostedJan 07, 2013 7:36 am
That's interesting because Templars have access to powerful DPS especially after the addition of their ATK RATK MATK aoe buff; also they are one of the classes with the highest movement speed which means they can run between mobs quickly. Whoever thinks Templar is a slow killer hasn't really met the templar's performance edge.

"Light, God's eldest daughter..."

masterwinstonx

Rank 4
masterwinstonx
PostedJan 07, 2013 7:49 am
Divine_Sorrow wrote:
That's interesting because Templars have access to powerful DPS especially after the addition of their ATK RATK MATK aoe buff; also they are one of the classes with the highest movement speed which means they can run between mobs quickly. Whoever thinks Templar is a slow killer hasn't really met the templar's performance edge.  

The DPS edge really comes down to gear on templar. It isn't necessarily cheaper to make them more tanky then to just crarft their dps gears, but most lean towards become more defensive first since they are templars after all. There are tons of way to DPS on templars different weps; 1h or 2h. Shields procs and even different sets. Some just out of simplicity stick to legacy leech sword 65 shield. Which is just your basic tanky set up. Then everyone starts to vary from there. Tons of gears could be listed to lead to more dps templar combos, I am just quite lazy to sit and list all the gears I used to use x.x....

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedJan 07, 2013 9:42 am

Re: Templars~

kakazu876 wrote:
~Hope this helped!  

I really.
Really.
...Really.
hate your avatar.

I'm deathly afraid of rabbit/bunny costumes and rabbits/bunnies themselves.
Donnie Darko was literally the scariest movie I have ever seen.
I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES BECAUSE OF THAT MOVIE.

Just thought I should tell you.

whoeverxwins

Rank 2
whoeverxwins
PostedJan 07, 2013 10:13 am
Says the person with the woman swallowing a giant spider? But yeah, creepy bunny. lol

Anyway, on subject... I would think a temp would be good at gathering up the mobs for the dps to kill? Teamwork? Oh well. Just saying because I know as a Demonologist, anyway, even though I can aoe and kill a lot fast, gathering them can be a pain with my low aggro. I've partied with templars before, and dmn/temp can be a really good duo.

So if you have problems as a paladin/ templar finding grinding parties, you might look for a necro/dmn to team up with.

dvdljns

Rank 0
PostedJan 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Re: Parties?

oCdCookie wrote:
Well I read that once a paladin becomes level 65 they can become a templar but people dont like them in there grinding parties!

Q1: What is grinding parties?
Q2: Y dont they ant good damage tankers in there party?  

Q2 answer 1. because players want fast killers in grinding parties. 2. because players are Idiots.