iAmYou.

Rank 4
iAmYou.
PostedJan 05, 2013 3:19 am   Last edited by iAmYou. on Jan 05, 2013 4:40 am. Edited 3 times in total

Getting Banned for GM incompetence?

Duped items leading to ban after 5+ years of gaming.
Hello,

A buddy of mine, and possibly his friend too, recently received a permanent ban. The reason is the possession of duped items, to be more precise: Debuff lapisses lv7.

As many know there has been a huge amount of injected items, of which most are debuff lapisses, in game even after the GM's updated their so called security system.
Now they have given a random warning that you'll be permanent banned if they found any of these lapisses on the account, yet there was no possibility to ensure that ANY lapis you bought was not injected. You could send a ticket , but then again the expensive lapisses you bought would just get wiped and there was still a chance to get banned. And most couldn't wait for the tickets to be answered about the legality of the lapis.

In other words, there was no way of being certain that if you buy any item you'd get banned or not.

Now my buddy got banned for having duped lapisses on his account, which he bought from a player to link, ofcourse . The GM's banned him without any questions or further investigation, since if they would further investigate and check the history of the lapis, they would notice that this person, my buddy, is just another victim of the injector/duper and the fail-security system of AGE. He bought it, not 'made/injected/duped' it.

Now since his ban seems nonnegotiable and we cannot discuss bans on forums, I'd like to ask a GM/PM reply on how to fix this unpleasant issue..

He's been a trustworthy player for over 5 years and then the dupers make him banned like this, without further investigation. He was also, I know this matters, a big AP spender.

Can this be fixed?
For example with a lapis-wipe ?

Also is there a failsafe for buying any items nowadays that can prevent you from getting a random ban? Since sending in ticket only leads to huge OP loss and a possibility at ban.

If you're a PM/GM you can ask me for the ticket number/account name and I'll provide you with it so that we can fix this highly unfair and unpleasant matter.

PLEASE don't move this to rant and such, it's a thing for EVERYONE ! .

UPDATED with RT number of my banned friend: 8997523

<EDIT> If GM's check the tradelog and check the history of the illegal/duped items they should eventually get to the source of the duper/injector........ It sounds logical to me that you ban THOSE and not the victims....

<UPDATE> A GS gave me a very interesting example and I came up with the following reply on it, it's a similar Real Life situation. (even the situation here with AGE should be better protected than the IRL situation, but just giving an example)
> You go to your local book store , there you buy a very expensive book. You get the bill with the info and such on it, that you purchased it there and for how much. A few weeks later when you're reading the book at the train station when you're waiting for your train, the police arrests you for holding an illegal copy of a copyrighted book. The punishment is jail. (similar to the ban) Now the person can provide the police with the bill proving that he didn't know anything about the illegality of the book and also con provide them with the info of the seller... The police would (and should) then search the seller and arrest him in stead of the poor man who got scammed right? This bill would be similar to a tradelog-check... And also in this case, the buyer can name and give info on the seller.
........ sort of the same story and hopefully the same ending. Also AGE should offer a secure, hack free environment for the costumers, not?

Thank you
Advertisement

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
PostedJan 05, 2013 4:04 am
AGE now started to ban all players in possesion of any sort of illegal item?

If thats how they gonna do it then 95% of the community should be banned because they have ATLEAST 1 duped OP or 1 gold in their gold/OP stack.This game is filled with illegal items.They should prevent injection of them and make us a safe enviorment to play in.

Seriously AGE?

iAmYou.

Rank 4
iAmYou.
PostedJan 05, 2013 4:17 am
DarkSakimaru wrote:

If thats how they gonna do it then 95% of the community should be banned because they have ATLEAST 1 duped OP or 1 gold in their gold/OP stack.This game is filled with illegal items.They should prevent injection of them and make us a safe enviorment to play in.

Seriously AGE?  

AGE fails to protect the costumers, so they ban the loyal ones who play for over 5 years.

I'm waiting for a GM/PM reply because this is totally outrageous....

styfz

Rank 1
styfz
PostedJan 05, 2013 4:51 am
InB4the(Possible, not certain)Lock, and:

That analogy with the book and whatnot is just perfect.

That was all.

TTTrouble

Rank 0
PostedJan 05, 2013 6:12 am
DarkSakimaru wrote:

Seriously AGE?  

+1
AGE is now falling apart loosing so many players already and now with this latest action "Banning Players". Its ridiculous; instead of increasing their security they started banning Players. So unreasonable and illogical. I want to say it loud " Its AGE's responsibility to provide us security and if not is AGE's failure". Players banned bought whatever items from within game from Players. So banning dedicated and loyal Shaiya Players ( who play from long time and are AP spenders and are backbone of shaiya "as what they say") is really not welcomed and appreciated!!!
If "banning" is the way and solution for this duped thingy then I am sorry all of us should and will get a Bann. And if Shaiya don't need Loyal players and want keep banning like this I wish them Good Luck....

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 05, 2013 6:40 am
Guys read your posts more diligently.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1834807

More importantly

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1834951&start=110

Sighborg88 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I know this situation isn't great for anyone, but I think I do need to clarify one thing. Just possessing an illegitimate item is not enough for you to get banned. It is enough for you to get investigated though. If you are found to have knowingly received an illegitimate item you may be banned.

We've already made progress on the issue, and will keep you guys informed as things change. However, please understand we need to be vague about many of the details for the security of the game.

Hold tight everyone, we're working it out. Our goal isn't to punish innocent players, just to stop the flow of illegitimate items. Thanks for your patience.  

In other words, if your friend is innocent, the ban will eventually be revoked.

They probably just locked the account to investigate without further transactions being made.

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedJan 05, 2013 7:07 am
Please ban every player with duped OP's too...

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedJan 05, 2013 7:16 am
Players wipe to save the economy. Very Happy

Anyway I doubt GMs will give out perma bans easily, otherwise more than half of the pvpers will be gone considering the massive amount of injected/duped items in game that are only circulated among them. There could be more to the story than we know.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJan 05, 2013 7:29 am
Account issues are worked out via the ticket system. Your friend seems to be aware of this, and I can seem them providing additional information as recent as this morning.