Author Message

Hwa.Ryun

Rank 0
Hwa.Ryun
Joined
05 Feb 2013
Posts
13
Location
United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 1:14 pm
I think awareness of the issue helps, at least. I'd like to think that the average person doing this isn't intentionally cheating, but is oblivious to the situation and would avoid repeating it if they knew better. And for those that are unscrupulous... well, I personally wouldn't shed a tear if Aeria made them go stand on the naughty step.
Advertisement

_Mighty_

Rank 2
Joined
25 Jan 2008
Posts
590
Location
Halifax Canada
PostedApr 09, 2013 3:35 pm
Hwa.Ryun wrote:
I think awareness of the issue helps, at least. I'd like to think that the average person doing this isn't intentionally cheating, but is oblivious to the situation and would avoid repeating it if they knew better. And for those that are unscrupulous... well, I personally wouldn't shed a tear if Aeria made them go stand on the naughty step.  


My point exactly....Im not concerned by the legit error however there is an exploit being used to specifically gain access to the server and bypassing the log in screen completely and it's been re-occurring each maint with the same people. Now it's being used to gain extra gold from the WB but what else do they have access too if they are able to bypass the login page...Im not savy with script or any webpage crap but if you can bypass a login page then there is a huge potential for compromising data and creating further exploits....it all starts somewhere...

Catch it early and stop it now, I have seen too many games fall due to hacking.

Remember it's a game. Always have fun in good times and bad.

stupidkeys

Rank 0
stupidkeys
Joined
27 Nov 2010
Posts
58
Location
United States
PostedApr 09, 2013 5:19 pm
The method used is neither hacking nor script writing and certainly doesnt bypass any log in screen.

the more important questions are...

1. Why when the maint is over and the server open again isnt the entry page re-opened (and please dont say testing was not finished as the total mess up on black screens, Battlefields and other elements were clearly not working)

2 Why, when there is a 12 hr period when there are no events running, is the maintenance not done then, instead of over the 3 most popular events and the peak activity period.

I personally get disconnected up or frozen in game so many times throughout the day that it has become habit to constantly keep hitting the refresh button, and yes, on 1 occasion it got me into a WB, should i be punished and banned for this?

Personaly id rather G Ms spent time looking for people using known hacks and cheat methods to daily get large amounts of resources than hunt down the few people who have chosen not to use microsoft for their computers.

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
Joined
05 Aug 2011
Posts
1318
Location
United States
PostedApr 09, 2013 6:05 pm
stupidkeys wrote:

1. Why when the maint is over and the server open again isnt the entry page re-opened (and please dont say testing was not finished as the total mess up on black screens, Battlefields and other elements were clearly not working)  

The data has to be checked with the servers turned on. This makes sure that everything is there and working. Battlegrounds were working during maintenance and after servers came up from maintenance. I tested them. They didn't break till in the morning long after the maintenance had already been finished.

Black screens showing up is an error with your flash. I haven't had any black screens.


stupidkeys wrote:

2 Why, when there is a 12 hr period when there are no events running, is the maintenance not done then, instead of over the 3 most popular events and the peak activity period.  

This has been answered tons of times: Devs = China. Aeria = US. The time is based on when BOTH companies are available to do them. Aeria has to check to make sure that the things in the patch that are supposed to be there are there before releasing the server to normal players.

stupidkeys wrote:

I personally get disconnected up or frozen in game so many times throughout the day that it has become habit to constantly keep hitting the refresh button, and yes, on 1 occasion it got me into a WB, should i be punished and banned for this?

Personaly id rather G Ms spent time looking for people using known hacks and cheat methods to daily get large amounts of resources than hunt down the few people who have chosen not to use microsoft for their computers.  


Do the stuff here for connection issues you may be experiencing. None here. And if you know hacks and cheat methods then report the Hacks and Cheats Here so that they can be fixed.

stupidkeys

Rank 0
stupidkeys
Joined
27 Nov 2010
Posts
58
Location
United States
PostedApr 09, 2013 8:49 pm
Sorry i dont wish to turn this into an argument of any sorts but,,,

1 Clearly black screens are an issue hence the maintenance underway at this very moment is to fix that problem. You not having the problem doesnt mean there isnt one.

2 China and USA on different timezones is not a reason, its a poor excuse. The whole world does business with China, all on different timezones. 2 international companies arranging to do maintenance work that least inconveniances their mutual clients is called good customer service.

Thank you for the tips on connection,

On a personal note ive found Aeria to have a very good customer service considering the broad nationality and timezones of the players and the staff here excellent in their work.

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
Joined
05 Aug 2011
Posts
1318
Location
United States
PostedApr 10, 2013 4:02 am
stupidkeys wrote:
Sorry i dont wish to turn this into an argument of any sorts but,,,

1 Clearly black screens are an issue hence the maintenance underway at this very moment is to fix that problem. You not having the problem doesnt mean there isnt one.

2 China and USA on different timezones is not a reason, its a poor excuse. The whole world does business with China, all on different timezones. 2 international companies arranging to do maintenance work that least inconveniances their mutual clients is called good customer service..  


1. Players have been mentioning areas they have been getting black screen from their corrupted flash data in BGs still too. Which players mainly just need to clear their flash cache(no this isn't your browser cache, which so many people just clear that cache and are like yes I cleared it). And this maintenance was mainly to try to fix a few lag issues. Are we still going to have people complaining about black screens more than likely, but that's because they won't clear their flash cache like it's advised to after each maintenance.

2. Businesses have working hours. There are only a limited number of hours where AGE and 7Road working hours are the same. This is the least inconvenient hours in the game that they do it. Starting it after WB3 = outside of AGE Working hours. The only thing they inconvenience is things that have multiple schedules for the day typically. Since they try to make sure they have it on Tuesdays.

Strateg0s

Rank 0
Strateg0s
Joined
16 Mar 2013
Posts
9
Location
Kikinda Serbia
PostedApr 11, 2013 8:55 am
I like this game Very Happy i look for many Serbian in hear i call my friend to play Very Happy

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
Joined
01 Feb 2012
Posts
712
Location
United Kingdom
PostedApr 11, 2013 9:06 am
Strateg0s wrote:
I like this game Very Happy i look for many Serbian in hear i call my friend to play Very Happy  


Welcome Smile there are many players from Serbia and surrounding countries playing the game on Aeria Servers.

Enjoy the game!

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
Joined
28 Apr 2010
Posts
1869
Location
United States
PostedApr 12, 2013 7:20 am
RollaR_50248 wrote:

I have a feeling though that this may become a bigger issue for a different reason. Now with afk WB, cashers can set up their game to do WB while the servers are down and still get 3-4-5million gold/daru without entering the game. Which will mean that non-cashers will be severely aggrieved since cashers have access to a WB they dont. Since this WB has the potential of returning 4 times the rewards of a normal WB, it is a real issue.  


On a regular basis I get roughly about 1.8-2.2mil gold/daru from WB. I tried doing Stand-In a few times and the most I got was 300-400k gold/daru. However, this is outside of maintenance hours. Unless there are some drastic differences, one being a lot less participants, then the rewards shouldn't be anywhere as high as a player would get by manually doing WB.

Love what you do and do what you love.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
Joined
01 Feb 2012
Posts
712
Location
United Kingdom
PostedApr 12, 2013 9:18 am
ToBeFeared wrote:
RollaR_50248 wrote:

I have a feeling though that this may become a bigger issue for a different reason. Now with afk WB, cashers can set up their game to do WB while the servers are down and still get 3-4-5million gold/daru without entering the game. Which will mean that non-cashers will be severely aggrieved since cashers have access to a WB they dont. Since this WB has the potential of returning 4 times the rewards of a normal WB, it is a real issue.  


On a regular basis I get roughly about 1.8-2.2mil gold/daru from WB. I tried doing Stand-In a few times and the most I got was 300-400k gold/daru. However, this is outside of maintenance hours. Unless there are some drastic differences, one being a lot less participants, then the rewards shouldn't be anywhere as high as a player would get by manually doing WB.  


I know that Stand-in isn't as efffective as doing it manually. Also you cannot use buffs, pots, vouchers, balens, revives etc on a Stand-in. It is based purely on what your damage on the boss would be in the more basic of circumstances. But a WB on during maintenance, you're looking at it lasting the full hour instead of just 15 minutes. This is why Mighty is upset, because some players are able to make the most of this WB while he is not.
I know someone who did use stand in during the last maintenance is being complained of. I wont mention any names, but he entered the game (no hacks, scripts or other inappropriate method was used) set up the stand-in and left. He usually makes less than a million gold/daru a WB but made around 3 million gold/daru from the stand-in.
Clearly in these circumstances, the exceptional rewards makes this particular WB (ie a WB during maintenance) worth-while to use a stand-in.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: