GM_darasuum

GameMaster: USA
GM_darasuum
PostedJan 05, 2013 11:27 am
Cheekiong wrote:
Our GM's are almost completely inactive anyways. Does suck to see him go though.  

Not inactive at all, just invisible to you!

On another note this thread is becoming less ranty and more flamey. Please watch what you say and be kind to one another or I'll get grumpy. And you wont like me when I'm grumpy.

No really you wont, I get this sad look on my face and I mope around the office ruining the other GMs days. Then they get all grumpy and it just becomes a mess.

Also stop harassing the GS team for trying to provide you with educated information on the situation.

Advertisement

Shalghar

Rank 1
Shalghar
PostedJan 05, 2013 1:30 pm
Well Mr. Darasuum i just hope that your plea for more civilized writing also is adressed to every GS. If this is the case, you might find some reason to be grumpy within the team.

Now for the common part:
To those who still deny reality which in my case means players reality, things i can see:

I asked to prove me that there is visible work, more than words, and all i get back except the usual insults from the usual persons is "i know i am right and thats it".
Again, these are just words while i asked for visible results.
Seems as if yet again, words are the only thing you can deliver.

This is not really surprising as this kind of "discussion style" is typical. Seen very often, as well as the tales of invisible work going on in the invisible background. A GS who fails to see that my impression of no work being done is caused by the invisibility of the work said to be done in the background has proven to have lost touch on a players view and fails to understand what perception this totally invisible work with no effects seen by players creates.

I know that barunson should deliver patches and that they do this sometimes, with a very strange way to set fixing priorities, though. Which just means aeria is unable to press them to do work on older issues, that seem to have been forgotten long ago. We can play pass the buck as has been the usual strategy in the last years but the bugs persists and this is the only thing that counts.

The report ticket ignored since august last year is again presented as an example that not all tickets get processed. Quite frankly i do not care anymore if anyone ever gets to it.
It is an exploit, i reported it, i do not use it, so i have done my duty.
The second exploit in the same dungeon was directly reported to one of the still active GSes that decided to stay with LC.
Barunson also seems to think the things i reported are exploits since they have been removed in LCGER years ago. So it is nice to see again that some GSes are all knowing and judge my unimportant ticket without knowing what it contains.

Being called immature, and given the instruction to see how i act towards people that believe they do not deserve this, i respond that people i decide to be not nice to anymore have deserved this attitude but may of course fail to see my reasons.
After all it is very obvious that the views of GM, GS, other GS and players differ greatly, for whatever reason so expecting there is a common discussion base is not very realistic.

Now go ahead and censor again. That is not only so much more convenient than actually thinking things through and maybe try to understand what may have gone wrong but also a well known kind of answer that proves again there are no answers.
And not much interest, if any at all.

Zielona

Rank 0
Zielona
PostedJan 05, 2013 2:52 pm
What about today? There was supposed to be quiz. But when I turned on PC, Aeria Ignite had deleted info about it and posted info about Sunday quiz. About Saturday quiz I got in game info only 2 minutes before the quiz.

Last week there was no promised quiz, not even a single word from GM or GS that the event is on or cancelled.

In my opinion, this keeping us alarmed was a nice trick to explain bad work of GM/GS. Of course we have to be alarmed because we can no longer rely on players that was supposed to take care of events!

If I am wrong, I would be so happy. I only share what I have noticed. I don't feel that Last Chaos staff is ok and with full crew. They made possibility for players to apply any time to be GS, many people applied, and still nothing? There will be no point in playing alone or with two good friends, Last Chaos is based on hours spent at the same spot and this is no fun to rise numbers without anyone there. I feel abandoned by Aeria, I used to meet at least one GM or GS when I was playing and now they seem to arrive only when they have their precious time for us or have to make events.

I don't think I want much, I only want GM and GS pay more attention to Last Chaos and make us feel like we are under their protection all the time. They are nice and helpful people, I am sure of that, but their presence should be more obvious...

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedJan 05, 2013 4:10 pm
GM_darasuum wrote:
Cheekiong wrote:
Our GM's are almost completely inactive anyways. Does suck to see him go though.  

Not inactive at all, just invisible to you!

On another note this thread is becoming less ranty and more flamey. Please watch what you say and be kind to one another or I'll get grumpy. And you wont like me when I'm grumpy.

No really you wont, I get this sad look on my face and I mope around the office ruining the other GMs days. Then they get all grumpy and it just becomes a mess.

Also stop harassing the GS team for trying to provide you with educated information on the situation.  

Lol asked a straight forward question way back before this thread was moved to rants and before you all started arguing among yourselves Wink All these gs and the gm in question in this thread and I still see no straight answer.

Therefore Dara (or any of the gs here) I shall ask again, are you job sharing and still helping with LC or have you moved from game completely?

GM_darasuum

GameMaster: USA
GM_darasuum
PostedJan 05, 2013 5:10 pm
Zielona wrote:
What about today? There was supposed to be quiz. But when I turned on PC, Aeria Ignite had deleted info about it and posted info about Sunday quiz. About Saturday quiz I got in game info only 2 minutes before the quiz.

Last week there was no promised quiz, not even a single word from GM or GS that the event is on or cancelled.  

Events

Don't know what happened with Ignite to give you funky information but it was posted on the calendar ahead of time. Also there was a quiz last weekend as well just on a Saturday.

Smartie19

Rank 3
Smartie19
PostedJan 05, 2013 7:44 pm
Shalghar wrote:
Well Mr. Darasuum i just hope that your plea for more civilized writing also is adressed to every GS. If this is the case, you might find some reason to be grumpy within the team.

Now for the common part:
To those who still deny reality which in my case means players reality, things i can see:

I asked to prove me that there is visible work, more than words, and all i get back except the usual insults from the usual persons is "i know i am right and thats it".
Again, these are just words while i asked for visible results.
Seems as if yet again, words are the only thing you can deliver.

This is not really surprising as this kind of "discussion style" is typical. Seen very often, as well as the tales of invisible work going on in the invisible background. A GS who fails to see that my impression of no work being done is caused by the invisibility of the work said to be done in the background has proven to have lost touch on a players view and fails to understand what perception this totally invisible work with no effects seen by players creates.

I know that barunson should deliver patches and that they do this sometimes, with a very strange way to set fixing priorities, though. Which just means aeria is unable to press them to do work on older issues, that seem to have been forgotten long ago. We can play pass the buck as has been the usual strategy in the last years but the bugs persists and this is the only thing that counts.

The report ticket ignored since august last year is again presented as an example that not all tickets get processed. Quite frankly i do not care anymore if anyone ever gets to it.
It is an exploit, i reported it, i do not use it, so i have done my duty.
The second exploit in the same dungeon was directly reported to one of the still active GSes that decided to stay with LC.
Barunson also seems to think the things i reported are exploits since they have been removed in LCGER years ago. So it is nice to see again that some GSes are all knowing and judge my unimportant ticket without knowing what it contains.

Being called immature, and given the instruction to see how i act towards people that believe they do not deserve this, i respond that people i decide to be not nice to anymore have deserved this attitude but may of course fail to see my reasons.
After all it is very obvious that the views of GM, GS, other GS and players differ greatly, for whatever reason so expecting there is a common discussion base is not very realistic.

Now go ahead and censor again. That is not only so much more convenient than actually thinking things through and maybe try to understand what may have gone wrong but also a well known kind of answer that proves again there are no answers.
And not much interest, if any at all.  

I think it would be good for you to read This.

Few points i would like to add to everything else said:

LadyB not a LC GS anymore, therefore, not part of "this team" anymore, so technically, Dara dont have anything to do with her anymore. Have a problem? Feel offended in any way with what she said? Look at a mirror first and then try this:Contact Us. The same way you "express your feelings" or gave "your feedback", she did the same. Tough Cookies.

Your tickets werent ignored. If your tickets were ignored, their status would be "UnOpened" instead of Hold-Aeria like they are now. Hold-Aeria means they either resolved or they waiting for your answer.

The exploit not fixed? Blame the devs. And yeah if it was a game breaking glitch it would be fixed by now, so, unimportant compared to the bugs and issues they got at their hands now which they or either dont want or cant fix by look of it.

Now i quote Secrecy, Get your facts straight before talking.

If Dara is going to leave for another game, its his business and the company only. You have nothing to do with it, so they dont have to answer you or any other player.
When that time comes, if it comes, he can make an announcement. Till then, u aint getting any answer.

@talonsayshin
Hiding behind a new account to flame? Have something to hide? Wink

EDIT:
Shalghar wrote:
A GS who fails to see that my impression of no work being done is caused by the invisibility of the work said to be done in the background has proven to have lost touch on a players view and fails to understand what perception this totally invisible work with no effects seen by players creates.  

A player who fails to understand that he have no business whatsoever with most of the work done in the background and fails to understand that GS's are players too, not employees and they actually know what they talking about, have lost touch with the reality.

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedJan 06, 2013 3:50 am   Last edited by LilianMcK on Jan 06, 2013 4:29 am. Edited 2 times in total
Smartie19 wrote:

If Dara is going to leave for another game, its his business and the company only. You have nothing to do with it, so they dont have to answer you or any other player.
When that time comes, if it comes, he can make an announcement. Till then, u aint getting any answer.

I am guessing this is my answer to my reasonable question about whether Dara is still part of LC.

Rude and a player wishing to know if a gm is still with LC is a reasonable question. Your comments above are really uncalled for

Done!

Update I got my answer a polite and reasonable answer. Thanks Faely (credit where due)
I understand if gs cannot say certain things, but there are always ways to be reasonable and polite about it. From what I gather dara is focusing on new game but still lurking in shadows of LC. That is a sufficient answer for me until I hear otherwise officially.

Done with this thread now, as that is all I wanted to know

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedJan 06, 2013 3:52 am
Drama incoming

faely

Rank 4
faely
PostedJan 06, 2013 4:41 am
Imo, this whole thread is stupid. 2 GS's leave for another game because surprise!! they play other games too *shocked* Every single one of you ppl plays more than one game. You think GS's don't? LOL...

2 GM's get promoted. How is that bad? You'd rather they decline their promotions so they can play on forums with you?

LC has GM's. You just haven't seen them yet. We've been through this situation before. Enough with the petty drama already. Can't you ppl live without it? For once? You take anything and everything and make the biggest drama out of it. So you haven't seen the new GM's post in forums. Who cares? Give it time and quit being melodramatic over such nonsense.

Btw, you wanna complain how GS's are responding in this thread, try dealing with a few of yourselves first and see how friendly you feel. Constantly attacking us, day after day, complaining over every single thing, massive drama, and "GS's shouldn't be so rude", when that's ALL we get from you, for months on end. You can only whack away at something so long before it breaks. And yet, here we are, still helping you when you need it, after you've talked down to us like we're dogs and treated us like scum. And after we help you, you go right back to treating us terribly until the next time you need us. Not one of us has ever done anything to deserve the harassment we constantly get from you.

Take a look in the mirror and treat others how you wish to be treated. More people should live by that; especially those that feel empowered to be condescending and rude over the internet as if we were your servants.

faely

Rank 4
faely
PostedJan 06, 2013 4:42 am
LilianMcK wrote:
Smartie19 wrote:

I am guessing this is my answer to my reasonable question about whether Dara is still part of LC.

Rude and a player wishing to know if a gm is still with LC is a reasonable question. Your comments above are really uncalled for

Done!

Update I got my answer a polite and reasonable answer. Thanks Faely (credit where due)
I understand if gs cannot say certain things, but there are always ways to be reasonable and polite about it. From what I gather dara is focusing on new game but still lurking in shadows of LC. That is a sufficient answer for me until I hear otherwise officially.

Done with this thread now, as that is all I wanted to know  

You are very welcome Lilian. Thank you for being polite with your questions to me.