sosad2day

Rank 0
PostedJan 04, 2013 6:00 am

Have a couple questions..

Hi. I've been playing the game for a while and I have a couple questions. Help would be much appreciated. Sorry if it turns out rather lengthy.

1. Cover fire, how is it counted? The help says top 10 pirates.. does that mean the highest 10 ATK pirates and highest 10 DEF pirates? And can a pirate in the DEF crew but not in the ATK crew be counted for ATK coverfire? How is the total bonus calculated? If I had 10 maxed out Water Bearer Livonahs not in my crew, the coverfire would be 8k+? And how does it affect the members of the crew... 20% each?

2. I've read the thread about cannons, and it seems that cannons affect the outcome quite a bit. So as for Water Bearer Livonah, I see a lot of people using it; is it just used because its cheap-ish and has high ATK?

3. The people that are ranked high in the daily brawl rankings... I assume that's all by using kraken jugs and whatnot right? 150 brawls a day seems pretty insane.

4. I'm currently in chapter 10 for Maquina storyline and I noticed that in the past few chapters the boss fights have been kinda weird. I'd fight Atara and Akira in chapter 9 and it gives me the option to persuade some mermaid character seen in chapter 4 or something. Is that working as intended? Also, are there any story bosses actually worth using a statue to persuade?

5. What's the max combo lvl? I maxed out my Andred and it's combo lv is in the 40s and it seems that I can still feed it cards. Is it worth it to do so? What does it affect... The nation/saucy combo and the skill?

Thanks for reading and sorry again for the lengthy post.
Advertisement

swim_a_holic

Rank 0
swim_a_holic
PostedJan 04, 2013 7:57 am   Last edited by swim_a_holic on Jan 04, 2013 10:20 am. Edited 1 time in total
1. Coverfire is 5% of your top 5 ATT and DEF not currently in your lineup. If you have 10 Water Bearer Livonah's not in your lineup, it will be 5% of their attack for each of them considering you do not have anyone with higher attack in reserves.

2. Cannons are extremely valuable as they can make or break an offense or defense. Although Water Bearer Livonah has extremely high attack for the cost that she consumes, she also takes away 2 cannons from your ATT every time her skill triggers. So if you have 5 Livonah's and all 5 of them trigger, that is -10 cannons from your ATT giving you a very crappy chance of defeating decent defense.

3. The people that are ranked high in the daily brawl rankings do 1 of a few things. They either use 3 very hard hitting attackers, and use 2 pixies or something so they do not utilize all of their ATT at once giving them the ability to attack multiple times without using kraken jugs and still earning wins, or they put their hardest hitters in to ensure a victory and rake up a few extra brawl points for overkill while using quite a lot of kraken jugs.

4. Currently, all bosses after chapter 8 in any nation do not give the correct cards when using persuade. The mods are working on looking into this, but at the moment, they all give cards other than what they are supposed to. If for some reason you get a card which is not the correct card used when trying to persuade, send in a ticket to Aeria Mobile, and include a screen shot. They are usually very prompt about issuing the correct cards.

5. The max combo level is set at 200. As long as you feed it, the combo lvl will rise. The higher the combo lvl, the more likely your pirate will utilize it's skill, and pair up with another pirate for a saucy combo.

RephinEX

Rank 0
RephinEX
PostedJan 04, 2013 8:53 am
There is a max combo level. It's 200. I have about a dozen pirates that are sitting at that number and they won't rise beyond that.

[Eclipse of AngelWing] Pirate Maidens - Putting the CURVY in SCURVY!

sosad2day

Rank 0
PostedJan 04, 2013 10:21 am
Thanks for the responses.

I guess the Livolahs will be sitting in the back as coverfire.

How noticeable is 200 combo level anyways? It seems the skill always activates regardless of the combo level. Is it dependent on like... The higher combo level the more likely you will receive the effect on that specific pirate?

Should I just leave my Maquina progress at chapter 10 and do the other nations until they fix it? Boss fights seem to be a one time thing and I wouldn't want to miss out on potentially decent boss cards.