metastock

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2013 1:51 pm

There is NO solution to the EXP Hack - my opinions

Please read [GS] and [GM] and tell me where I am wrong.
TL;DR -- EXP hack has no solution because every solution is nearly as bad as the other.

I've researched on this EXP hack issue and has come to the conclusion that SF is in a deep hole that will be nearly impossible to get out of.

First off, EXP hacks have been upgrading in its functionality to its peak as of now. The speed of boosting will stay constant from now on as the latest EXP hack has auto-win singles which is literally the fastest way you can boost. Back then, when the EXP hack was VIP-only, there were only a few boosters. There was no auto-win, so people had to do 5-win SB and actually play or end the match early leading to a force quit (and only EXP for one person out of the two). When the public hack from Gomo came out, he coded an auto-win single that completely revolutionized boosting.

Depending on your computer speed, you can finish a single match and start another one within about 20 seconds getting 15K each time. If you are computer-savvy, you can set a virtual machine or a another computer both having macros to auto-click Start so you can run the EXP hack 24 hours a day.

Now, mathematically, that is 2.7M EXP every hour. In two hours, a booster can get to brig. In four hours, a booster can get to major general. In nine hours, a lieutenant general. In 24 hours, a four-star general. Boosting for 85 hours nonstop will make 230M EXP, the highest rank in SF. These calculations are based on optimal conditions, using a macro, having an extremely fast load etc. but you can see how fast this EXP hack works now.

Regarding the situation in SF. There are boosters advertising rooms that say "Boost here." I have seen four-star players doing this in both US and EU servers constantly. I feel Aeria has no choice regarding this matter and I am positive that they will not ban these players. Plenty of boosters are known clan members, dedicated SF players that didn't hack before the EXP hack came out. The revenue loss from banning these players is too high for Aeria to lose them. I also feel that many players did not want to hack or EXP boost but were subtly merged into the wave of boosting. When everyone around you including some of your friends are boosting with no consequence whatsoever, ranking higher and higher every day, many legitimate players would be pressured into joining this movement.

I also know some players boost subtly, quietly boosting a rank or two and then laying low. Their stats still look "legitimate" (even more legitimate now since everyone else's look illegitimate). What does Aeria do about these players? If Aeria were to take an irrational route and ban all obvious boosters, wouldn't it be completely unfair to those who boost only a bit? It would be like catching bank robbers and murderers but leaving the white collar criminals such as Madoff alone.

I have literally no workable suggestions. I don't believe an EXP cap would do any good. That would only slow the rate of boosting and not get rid of it completely. I also don't think deranking and banning would serve any purpose other than get rid of the obvious boosters. It does not solve the problem of legit players boosting a few ranks and still looking legitimate thus still ruining the rank system. I think a complete deranking of all players back to the pre-EXP hack era would be the best but how do you refund time, money, and items spent on the legit players.

I see no open road to this mess and I believe this EXP hack originated by Crosshatch and Typecast has ruined Soldier Front in terms of the ranking system and has put Aeria in a checkmate.

Please refute my arguments and tell me where I am wrong. Could Aeria really ban these boosters without caring for profits and revenue? Are you going to keep the boosters? Are you going to derank them?

Each move has its negatives and affects wrong people which is why this situation is so terrible.
Advertisement

WoodPecker.

Rank 5
WoodPecker.
PostedJan 02, 2013 1:57 pm

rc

i could honestly careless about the boosters. i just want the wallhacks and public patches hacked so i can play a normal game atleast once. all i ask is just once.

From Kimuri, With Love.

Dj_Dragster

Rank 1
Dj_Dragster
PostedJan 02, 2013 1:57 pm
I don't think they could or would ban all boosters. However they might just ban or reset the really obvious ones. For example, they can't ban a 2 star with 30k wins/loss due to the general excuses (2x xp, horror mode, never complete misions, doesn't aim at head, reset wins/loss). They can ban a 2 star with 300 wins/loss and like 100 headshots though. Atleast i think they have the sense to do that much.

metastock

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2013 2:01 pm
How is that in any way fair justice to those two-stars who did boost but still look legit? Why would they get a free pass to boosting?

Also, boosting headshots and wins and losses are really not that difficult if you are knowledgeable.

Just set up 6 virtual machines, run a 3v3 Team Battle, rush the target, aimbot and headshot five of them using Typecast and there you go. Buy a K/D reset, and you have legitimate wins/losses and headshots.

If you don't care about wins and losses (which can be reset) an even easier way is just set up a TDM or Single Battle with 6-10 virtual machines, and headshot them all. 30 headshots in a SB would take about 1 minute with an aimbot through walls on Bridge. In 24 hours, you have 43000 headshots.

WoodPecker.

Rank 5
WoodPecker.
PostedJan 02, 2013 2:06 pm

rc

metastock wrote:
How is that in any way fair justice to those two-stars who did boost but still look legit? Why would they get a free pass to boosting?

Also, boosting headshots and wins and losses are really not that difficult if you are knowledgeable.

Just set up 6 virtual machines, run a 3v3 Team Battle, rush the target, aimbot and headshot five of them using Typecast and there you go. Buy a K/D reset, and you have legitimate wins/losses and headshots.

If you don't care about wins and losses (which can be reset) an even easier way is just set up a TDM or Single Battle with 6-10 virtual machines, and headshot them all. 30 headshots in a SB would take about 1 minute with an aimbot through walls on Bridge. In 24 hours, you have 43000 headshots.  

thanks for telling all the idiots how to do it Sad but they probably wont get the virtual machine working Razz

i would agree with banning all the obvious boosters, but some of them, like you said, there just isnt a way to get rid of. unless they check logs or w/e and see how much exp each account gains.

From Kimuri, With Love.

metastock

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2013 2:13 pm
Woods you are a cool guy. I will stop hacking your Fubs games. Tell Kimuri hes a stubborn *****. I would still like to be an officer in your Fubs group though.

uH.TopSecret

Rank 4
uH.TopSecret
PostedJan 02, 2013 2:16 pm
Woooooooooooods the mastahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Innovator_

GameSage: Soldier Front 2
Innovator_
PostedJan 02, 2013 2:16 pm
Probably going to get raged at for this but just worry about yourself.

A lot of suggestions are getting taken in like an EXP cap of 10k. Just stop complaining about this problem because this is probably like the 100000th thread about this issue.

"And ranks don't matter, only skills do."

2:50 - 2:54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7eqWE1HBo

Law | Sniper

JohnnyBoi.

Rank 2
JohnnyBoi.
PostedJan 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Re: There is NO solution to the EXP Hack - my opinions

Please read [GS] and [GM] and tell me where I am wrong.
metastock wrote:
TL;DR -- EXP hack has no solution because every solution is nearly as bad as the other.

I've researched on this EXP hack issue and has come to the conclusion that SF is in a deep hole that will be nearly impossible to get out of.

First off, EXP hacks have been upgrading in its functionality to its peak as of now. The speed of boosting will stay constant from now on as the latest EXP hack has auto-win singles which is literally the fastest way you can boost. Back then, when the EXP hack was VIP-only, there were only a few boosters. There was no auto-win, so people had to do 5-win SB and actually play or end the match early leading to a force quit (and only EXP for one person out of the two). When the public hack from Gomo came out, he coded an auto-win single that completely revolutionized boosting.

Depending on your computer speed, you can finish a single match and start another one within about 20 seconds getting 15K each time. If you are computer-savvy, you can set a virtual machine or a another computer both having macros to auto-click Start so you can run the EXP hack 24 hours a day.

Now, mathematically, that is 2.7M EXP every hour. In two hours, a booster can get to brig. In four hours, a booster can get to major general. In nine hours, a lieutenant general. In 24 hours, a four-star general. Boosting for 85 hours nonstop will make 230M EXP, the highest rank in SF. These calculations are based on optimal conditions, using a macro, having an extremely fast load etc. but you can see how fast this EXP hack works now.

Regarding the situation in SF. There are boosters advertising rooms that say "Boost here." I have seen four-star players doing this in both US and EU servers constantly. I feel Aeria has no choice regarding this matter and I am positive that they will not ban these players. Plenty of boosters are known clan members, dedicated SF players that didn't hack before the EXP hack came out. The revenue loss from banning these players is too high for Aeria to lose them. I also feel that many players did not want to hack or EXP boost but were subtly merged into the wave of boosting. When everyone around you including some of your friends are boosting with no consequence whatsoever, ranking higher and higher every day, many legitimate players would be pressured into joining this movement.

I also know some players boost subtly, quietly boosting a rank or two and then laying low. Their stats still look "legitimate" (even more legitimate now since everyone else's look illegitimate). What does Aeria do about these players? If Aeria were to take an irrational route and ban all obvious boosters, wouldn't it be completely unfair to those who boost only a bit? It would be like catching bank robbers and murderers but leaving the white collar criminals such as Madoff alone.

I have literally no workable suggestions. I don't believe an EXP cap would do any good. That would only slow the rate of boosting and not get rid of it completely. I also don't think deranking and banning would serve any purpose other than get rid of the obvious boosters. It does not solve the problem of legit players boosting a few ranks and still looking legitimate thus still ruining the rank system. I think a complete deranking of all players back to the pre-EXP hack era would be the best but how do you refund time, money, and items spent on the legit players.

I see no open road to this mess and I believe this EXP hack originated by Crosshatch and Typecast has ruined Soldier Front in terms of the ranking system and has put Aeria in a checkmate.

Please refute my arguments and tell me where I am wrong. Could Aeria really ban these boosters without caring for profits and revenue? Are you going to keep the boosters? Are you going to derank them?

Each move has its negatives and affects wrong people which is why this situation is so terrible.  

help me write my persuasive essay plz

timyung

Rank 0
timyung
PostedJan 02, 2013 2:18 pm
Well dam! Hate to say this, but i definitly think you're right. I'd like the opinion of a GS or GM about this thread?