sairusaigen

Rank 0
sairusaigen
PostedJan 01, 2013 6:56 pm   Last edited by sairusaigen on Jan 03, 2013 11:52 am. Edited 2 times in total

[Guide] Party Structure

What your job is in the party, have to read!
NOTE

So... i'm fairly new to Eden Eternal but i can't stop noticing how many people don't know what to do in a party and randomly attack anything they see, making a chaotic mess, healers that can't keep up with all the damage in the party or just don't heal at all, archers that run in front and let their pets attack even when the boss heals himself with damage etc. Especially today when being in malice palace i saw no other choice then making this guide.

This is just a structure guide, this won't tell you how to make a party,
how to leave a party or anything, this will just explain to you how a party SHOULD be,
what you SHOULD do in a party and more.

This guide is based on 90% of the mmorpg's in the world and i don't mind if you paste this guide to other game forums as well if you notice how chaotic its going there. You may also post it in your guild forum or anything, i don't mind, you don't even have to credit me. I just want to help out.

This has been written on 1 January 2013, don't blaim me if you read this years later and some changes have been made in all the games which might make this guide invalid. This guide is explained in a language that everyone should be able to understand. No difficult words or anything.

The Basics

In 90% of the MMORPGS in the entire world there are 3 Main jobs that your class might belong to. Some classes, can even decide to be fit for 2 jobs. In some games, your class might be for example fit to be a healer but also a great damager. And so on.

Now, lets get started with naming those 3 'jobs' as we could call them.
In every mmorpg in the entire world, they have the same name.
There is nothing you can do about the names.
They have been decided for a long time, maybe even before your birth.

Here they are :

TANK
SUPPORT
DPS

Now... Most these days don't say 'Support' anymore and just say 'healer' instead.
That is why (to keep up with time) i'll also say 'healer'.

When you are in a party, You can never say you are NEITHER of those jobs.
You can be more then 1 of them in a strange occasion such as for example that you are a healer but also need to help with damage. Or for example a tank but you are the only party member except for your healer, then you are actually also a damager in the party. Anyways ,let us explain to you everything from the start.

TANK

A tank is a person who has been chosen to take the damage on him, that usually in most games walks in front and leads the party. Basically he's like a shield for the party. He is the one receiving damage and keeping the monsters on him. It also makes it easier for the healer to heal 1 Person instead of everyone in the party.

In some parties damage might be to high for 1 person so there might be more healers needed. A Tank has a lot of defense.

In most games this means that a tank usually has lots of HP , lots of defense but this also affects your damage... Your damage will be lower...

In most games, tanks wear a shield and a 1 Handed weapon that they can wear together with their shield. Yet this means less damage. Which is why there are also 'DPS' in the party, to help with the damage.

HEALER / SUPPORT

A healer is necessary to heal the so called 'shield' of the party (the tanker), Healing is a main 'naming' for all the skills that recover 'health points' (HP). There are classes that have these skills and can recover targets their HP. These classes that are devoted to 'healing' are called 'healers' in the party and in default. Yet healers have a price to pay for being able to recover HP bars.

In most games healers are easy targets and easily killed (unless you are dealing with a skilled healer), yet you can never avoid being an easy target. In most games, Monsters will notice that the healer is recovering the tank his HP and will attack the healer or become more aggressive to the healer which will eventually make them decide to go for the healer. If for example, the tanker charges into a big group of monsters and the tanker only attacked 1 of them, the others will all go to the healer to attack her/him when she heals the tank. So the tank also needs to make sure to have hit all of the monsters that have become aggressive to protect his healing source; the healer.

It is advised for healers to wear as much defense as possible in dungeons/parties just to be sure you'll survive longer. Don't come to dungeons with a long staff that wil make u unable to wear a shield. In some games you have that choice,in some you don't.

As a healer it is your responsibility to have enough MP potions with you at all times. (MP potions fill up your 'MANA bar' which is the (most of the times) BLUE bar that makes it able to use skills. Every skill costs MANA. Mana gets regenerated by MANA potions, while sitting down and also slowly passive. In some games, healers can also be damagers but their main job is to keep the shield alive at all costs and to not risk his health.

DPS
DPS is a weird word isn't it? It actually has been called like that for a long time and actually it stands for 'Damage Per Second'. So basically they are the guys in the party that help with the extra damage while the tank is keeping the monsters on him.

The biggest mistakes that new people make while being a DPS,
is running in front. It might risk the entire parties structure and might result to death.

DPS can be anyone, even healers in most games can name themself as 'damager' in a party if there is already another healer in the party, unless there are more healers needed in a party. Most parties consist of 1 Tank, 1 healer and the rest is helping with damage. To avoid getting a monster on you for doing more damage then the tanker, it is advised to attack the SAME monster as the tanker is attacking. If you notice that the tanker losses the attention of the monster because of you and the monster comes to you, keep this in mind NEXT Time and wait a bit before attacking so that you can't catch up with the damage that the tank has done on the monster. Most tanks in a game have skills to keep the monsters on them tough. These skills go by the name : "Taunting Skills" because in most games they are called 'Taunt'. In E.E u have for example : "Provoke"

In most games, mostly the hunter (archer) in the game, has a pet,
This might not always be a good thing to have. In solo they are great to have along side you,
but in a party, they might be chaotic and unstructured since you can not completely controle them and they might lure unwanted attention, unwanted aggro and/or help a boss in combat with his 'healing'.

for example; In certain games such as E.E ,
Bosses can cast skills that heal themselves within a few seconds that the skill is active by obtaining damage and absorbing it as health for his health bar.
When players see the boss cast such a skill, they will immediately stop attacking it unless they are not aware of it (which is actually the leader of the party his job to inform everyone about such things, usually the tank is the leader), yet a pet will not understand this and will keep attacking and heal up the boss.

I'm not the best in explaining things but at least i'm trying,
at least i'm trying to be helpful and trying to improve players their 'gameplay'.

Hopefully in a few months, every player in this game,
Will have read this and inform new players with this so that
there is more structure in a party.

In most games it is only natural to know this, but new players...
well, you can't blame them for not knowing this. Yet in most games, they learn pretty fast. But here... i was surprised when level 50+ didn't knew this which eventually made me decide to write this guide. Its a pretty 'obvious' guide for most people that have played more games. So yes, i can understand the 'wth' posts that will follow on here but trust me, this post is necessary. Let us hope the word spreads.

Thanks in advance for taking your time
to read this and to spread the word.

Bosses can cast skills that heal themselves within a few seconds that the skill is active by obtaining damage and absorbing it as health for his health bar.
When players see the boss cast such a skill, they will immediately stop attacking it unless they are not aware of it (which is actually the leader of the party his job to inform everyone about such things, usually the tank is the leader), yet a pet will not understand this and will keep attacking and heal up the boss.  

Response By Derakidol to explain further more what the bosses actually do :

It is a debuff the bosses cast on you, and when you hit the boss (DoTs are fine) it heals for a fixed amount. There are different types of this debuff but mostly its either you heal a fixed amount on the boss or deal a fixed damage to yourself. Most of these debuffs can be removed/purified but some of them you cant and you have to dodge the aoe instead.

liljj1234

Rank 2
liljj1234
PostedJan 02, 2013 3:32 pm
Nice guide I just hope people actually read this cause expecally those thiefs that think they can take on the world

Where I come from mercy is no exception we take no prisoners and leave no survivors

Brynhildra

Rank 2
Brynhildra
PostedJan 02, 2013 3:53 pm
Nice guide!
The EE forums actually has a few other guides explaining the same things, but unfortunately a large part of the player base doesn't read the forums :/

~GF~ 78 Temp |Ponchee| -- ~AK~ 5x Duel & 4x Guard |Siren| [Aurora]

Karirr

Rank 0
Karirr
PostedJan 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Very useful guide for new players!

RayAles

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2013 4:20 pm
liljj1234 wrote:
Nice guide I just hope people actually read this cause expecally those thiefs that think they can take on the world  

But I can take on the world i'm an eva thief xD - for me it's MA's that think they can take on the world when most of them can't. :/

Anyway nice guide hope those who need to read it, read it.

Brynhildra

Rank 2
Brynhildra
PostedJan 02, 2013 4:29 pm
I'm skeptical about thieves x.x
A few can take on the whole world, but most I've seen have been wannabe's that are not there yet, and should therefore play as such.
Haven't seen many MA's yet, but I'm at the level when MA just gets unlocked, so that's not surprising xD

~GF~ 78 Temp |Ponchee| -- ~AK~ 5x Duel & 4x Guard |Siren| [Aurora]

sairusaigen

Rank 0
sairusaigen
PostedJan 02, 2013 7:55 pm
Thank you all for the wonderful compliments!

Well, it is possible that there are certain classes that can handle a dungeon on their own,
yet i think it depends more on the player that plays the class and i'm sure not every player is skilled enough to solo something that needs a party ^_^

Anyways, when you are in a party,
you choose to work as a party so you should stay in this structure just to be sure
that the structure doens't completely fall apart and everyone starts to do whatever they want xD .

Players might think they can do the same as you or think its a 'race'
and all start to randomly do things /luring monsters all over the place
and whichever they can think of xD

and then the real mess starts Razz
Poor cleric xD

So be sure to talk to your party if you are planning
to do something 'unusual' Razz make 'agreements'
and be sure they ALL understand it, lol

liljj1234

Rank 2
liljj1234
PostedJan 02, 2013 9:00 pm
sairusaigen wrote:

So be sure to talk to your party if you are planning
to do something 'unusual' Razz make 'agreements'
and be sure they ALL understand it, lol  

My understanding of this is just don't heal the idiots >.> I just heal the tank and let anyone who wants to go before him die over and over again (I got pretty adapt to running away from mobs in my first few dungeons) Very Happy

Where I come from mercy is no exception we take no prisoners and leave no survivors

sairusaigen

Rank 0
sairusaigen
PostedJan 02, 2013 10:49 pm
Haha, i guess that is some kind of solution

derakidol

Rank 0
PostedJan 03, 2013 10:39 am
Hi, nice guide.

As basic as they are, players that are 70+ who I often see in PUG parties still need to learn from these.

Seeing as you are still on mid-levels and the guide is a generalization for all/most MMORPGs, allow me to add some end-game EE specific facts that are partly related to the guide.

EE has a feature called BP or Break Point, these are the icons on the left side of a boss' icon. 9 different kinds, strike slash pierce for physical, fire ice lightning nature holy dark for magic. A DPS in EE should always, in one way or another, has some way of helping to break the boss.

Because of the armor system works, most melee dps and all range dps have the same armor type, and most healer class (nature/holy damage dealers) and all magic type have the same cloth armor, it is necessary for the DPS to adjust what classes to play for bosses. In most cases for PDPS, they should always have 3 different weapons, a pierce, slash and a strike. It doesnt matter if only one kind is +6 or higher and the other weapons-for-switching are just +2, as you can switch back to your strongest weapon after the boss is broken.

A PvE tank should never, ever be build with pure p-heal/eva/resist/def/block/parry in mind. It just would never work at higher levels with the dps malice/aggro generation. Contrary to popular belief, +- malice KP/certs/procs/passive INDEED DOES HELP. A high level provoke and Declaration of Anger buff is insufficient to keep agro without dealing a decent damage as a tank. I have been/seen several parties with a full defensive tank with healing procs that can tank a quarter of all the dungeon mobs at once, but does not hold agro for more than 1sec which leads to the other 7-9 members dead.

In this game, the "Tank" doesn't really need to be a tank-class (warrior/temp/dk/knight). It can be any high dps with decent defensive stats partied with a decent healer.

There are a lot more I can add but these are the important parts for now.

sairusaigen wrote:
NOTE

err, no. It is a debuff the bosses cast on you, and when you hit the boss (DoTs are fine) it heals for a fixed amount. There are different types of this debuff but mostly its either you heal a fixed amount on the boss or deal a fixed damage to yourself. Most of these debuffs can be removed/purified but some of them you cant and you have to dodge the aoe instead.

anyway again,nice guide.