redhairwoman

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
redhairwoman
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Questions about the changes in the game

various questions with the new changes in the game.
Hi everyone,

I want to ask about the changes with the latest patch, I have been away for quite some time and come back to play shaiya once more.

and found several things that I need to ask / clarify.

(1) I try creating new character in phoenix server and it offer only 2 type of game types one is basic and another is ultimate, and in the basic we got about 7 points of stats to distribute, so is the basic is the old hard mode ?

(2) Also about the old characters that in the past had different game mode types which had different stat points per game type (easy, normal, hard , ultimate ) now that the changes made into only 2 type of game type (basic and ultimate )

I want to ask a question about the old characters stats points that we distribute in the past using the old game type (easy, normal , hard , ultimate ) that is now being changed to the new two types of game types.

Are the new stats points that is in my old characters is auto calculated now for the old characters ?

(3) My old characters that I had now had the (normal) game type instead of the new 2 types of game play (Basic or Ultimate) will this cause problems in the future ? or is that the normal is another term for basic ?

(4) Is the modify character feature during the first creation settings for the new characters is removed ? Because I can't changes hair, face when I first create the character anymore like the past.

(5) And weird part is that several of my old characters had to be renamed to a new one for reason unknown to me is there an explanation of why the characters needed to be renamed ?
Advertisement

FlutePro

Rank 2
FlutePro
PostedDec 31, 2012 12:11 am

Re: Questions about the changes in the game

1. The Normal/Easy mode characters now are supposed to be converted into basic mode(Basically HM). So sit tight there. I think that answers both 1/2 of your questions.

4. I think that is a glitch because everyone is having this issue with creating new characters and I haven't seen any post from a GM saying that this has been in a patch so currently the only way to change an appearance of the character is to use the Appearance Change scroll that comes from AP.

5. While you were gone they did a server merge. So now when you log into your Selective server, just to find your character, you are in the game with all 4 servers. Because they did this many players had to change their character names because there would be more than one of that name. This also happened to guilds so you'll see guilds with a number after it. Ex. -Eternity-4. I hope this information helped! Smile If you have any further questions you can find me in game or drop me a message in my inbox!

<center></center>

Avitra

Rank 1
PostedDec 31, 2012 1:02 am
Just gonna tack on a little bit more info

(1-3) FlutePro's answer covers, but I'm gonna add on for clarities sake, that at some point when all the EM/NM characters are changed to BM (new name for HM), they will have the extra stats and skill options/points that a HM had over EM/NM, added for you to chose what to do with.

All those high level NM toons are now gonna be more use than the f@rt in a hurricane they used to be, for half the effort an HM player had to put in to get to the same level lol

(4) I don't think this is a glitch, rather something Nexon didn't include in their patch to update the UI at the start screens for whatever reason. No word from anyone as to whether Nexon will add back in the limited ability to customise your character. With all the bugs around at the moment, this is probably not one of Nexon's priorites to put back, nor a priority for AGE to hound them about, as even if that aspect made Shaiya more enjoyable for their players, it is not a fundemental problem that stops people from playing (like game crashes at GRB... Confused). And if people are so desperate to not look so fugly, they can always spend ap to customise their character. Win for AGE.

(5) FlutePro answers that ^^

(6) D@mn you FlutePro for ninja'ing me >.<!

FlutePro

Rank 2
FlutePro
PostedDec 31, 2012 3:12 am
Avitra wrote:
Just gonna tack on a little bit more info

(1-3) FlutePro's answer covers, but I'm gonna add on for clarities sake, that at some point when all the EM/NM characters are changed to BM (new name for HM), they will have the extra stats and skill options/points that a HM had over EM/NM, added for you to chose what to do with.

All those high level NM toons are now gonna be more use than the f@rt in a hurricane they used to be, for half the effort an HM player had to put in to get to the same level lol

(4) I don't think this is a glitch, rather something Nexon didn't include in their patch to update the UI at the start screens for whatever reason. No word from anyone as to whether Nexon will add back in the limited ability to customise your character. With all the bugs around at the moment, this is probably not one of Nexon's priorites to put back, nor a priority for AGE to hound them about, as even if that aspect made Shaiya more enjoyable for their players, it is not a fundemental problem that stops people from playing (like game crashes at GRB... Confused). And if people are so desperate to not look so fugly, they can always spend ap to customise their character. Win for AGE.

(5) FlutePro answers that ^^

(6) D@mn you FlutePro for ninja'ing me >.<!  

Hahahaha what can I say? \_( " /)_/

<center></center>

redhairwoman

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
redhairwoman
PostedDec 31, 2012 4:49 am
Okay, thank you all for replying and not leaving me in the dark. I got what I needed clarified and understand it now feels good to know.