tamatamu

Rank 0
tamatamu
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Game won't start

It won't ruddy work!
(Losing faith here, you guys!)

I've been playing for a while, when one day, when I go to start up the game, the game just stops, saying "Eden Eternal" has stopped working.

Yeah, no problem, other people have probably had this little dilemna before. Time for a little research!

So I try launching it from the folder, instead of the Ignite Launcher... Same error message. I try running it in compatibility mode (Service Pack 2). Nope! Run as Administrator? Fiddle with the .bat files? Reinstall twice? Delete one of the two launcher files? Turn off UI cache, but leave the optimize option alone? Try the fullcheck.bat? Put the game on the DEP excluded list? Nah, nope, no, no, no, no, no!

Oh, hey, drivers? Is mine of the Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family? Huh, no, it isn't! What the heck, I'll update it anyway. Nahhh, still doesn't feel like working.

(Surprising number of people getting this! The fix always seem to differ from person to person as well. How reliable!)

Anyways, it's been two hours or so now.

What on earth do I have to do, to get this thing to work? I've spent a lot of money (For nothing, really. The entire gambling system doesn't really work, trust me) on this game, and it'd be a shame for me to just stop playing because of an old problem that never got fixed.
Advertisement

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedDec 31, 2012 12:08 am
If the window box that comes up, it should give you 2 options - one of the options is to wait for it to respond, the other is to close it.

If the Stop Working box has that, you don't have to worry, the client just stopped responding, just wait for it to respond again and it'll be fine, it happens to me all the time.