aduindam

Rank 0
PostedJan 04, 2013 8:45 am
I am happy to declare that talks between Synergy and Legacy have reopened leading to an agreement concerning the orderly and peaceful retreat of Synergy out of the north western valley in Harp Lake within twenty four hours. However fights in the rest of Harp Lake will continue for now.
Due to inavailability of some of the negotiators talks will resume in several days. All parties involved have expressed the intention of coming to a solution.

The King of Legacy,

Stiele
Advertisement

kaylin_2007

Rank 0
PostedJan 04, 2013 9:32 am
aduindam wrote:
We all want Titans to remain viable since we have invested much and still hold high hopes for the future. That is why what has happened is very sad indeed.
Borislav is our ally but when they grew stronger it was agreed that it would be good if they were treated as an independent Kingdom. It was however clear that they would never be able to stand up to Synergy under normal fighting conditions. An agreement was made, I had no part in this. A Trojan Horse was used to take the wonder which resulted in Borislav invoking the part of the agreement that entitled them to the entire island. This however did not result in a diplomatic argument but in the burning of the King of Borislav. Legacy was called upon by an ally to assist. Allthough we do not contest that the 'intent' of the agreement might have been otherwise there was a more important issue at hand now. We gave time and opportunity to Synergy to parley with Borislav to resolve their disagreement. But alas this opportunity was neglected. So reluctantly we went to war to assist an ally in need. I care not for agreements made of which we are no part, but I do care for the fact that Synergy was unable and unwilling to resolve this issue, knowing full well to what this would lead. Instead of their leaders taking responsibility for this situation we see their first warriors speaking up. You cannot question the honor of your adversaries and at the same time demand a solution to what you perceive as a lack of balance. Either you show respect, and we resume talks, or you accept the fate you have chosen...

The King of Legacy,

Stiele  

How do you talk about Honor when you and Legacy have shown none in this matter? One of the fun parts about being new is watching some of the conflicts around my towns and seeing how things play out. When the Borislav guy ported into the wonder area he was under protection. He was still under protection when you joined the battle at the entrance to the wonder. Even if he wasn't, did Synergy hunt down Borislav players and burn them out across the map? If not then why did Legacy get involved again? Your not protecting your Ally.

Even by your own account if you were "Helping an Ally" then your fight would have ended at the wonder area. Instead you have continued to press the advantage across 3 wonders. You want someone to show respect... to who? Borislav or You? From an outsiders viewpoint it looks to me like your nothing but a bully using this pretext to do what you want.

Being Honorable by your account would have been to fight Synergy for the Wonder and after the battle was over to stop and give it to Borislav. You talk about what is best for Titans but wiping out competition when they are down isn't Honorable or Best. It is just a twisted egotistical view of what is best for YOU.

I thought Apoc was bad, but you and Legacy turning Titans into something far worse. At least there they don't hide behind a facade of doing whats best for the server.

teethtime

Rank 0
PostedJan 04, 2013 10:04 am
aduindam wrote:
An agreement was made, I had no part in this. A Trojan Horse was used to take the wonder which resulted in Borislav invoking the part of the agreement that entitled them to the entire island. This however did not result in a diplomatic argument but in the burning of the King of Borislav.  

It was a diplomatic argument, for the 11 hours before his protection was up. After all, my small experience with this game says he could hardly be burned before the protection was up.

Hushihuangdi

Rank 0
Hushihuangdi
PostedJan 04, 2013 2:08 pm
nonetheless if it were a Legacy wonder and one of ours ported in on a "Trojan Horse" we would have met the same fate as Papabear.

Dusty0001

Rank 0
PostedJan 04, 2013 3:12 pm   Last edited by Dusty0001 on Jan 04, 2013 6:04 pm. Edited 1 time in total
aduindam wrote:
I am happy to declare that talks between Synergy and Legacy have reopened leading to an agreement concerning the orderly and peaceful retreat of Synergy out of the north western valley in Harp Lake within twenty four hours. However fights in the rest of Harp Lake will continue for now.
Due to inavailability of some of the negotiators talks will resume in several days. All parties involved have expressed the intention of coming to a solution.

The King of Legacy,

Stiele  

Or to put it another way....

Blah Blah Smoke and mirrors Blah Blah. However fights will continue in the rest of Harp lake.

As I won't be talking to anyone in Synergy until I've removed them from Harp Lake and we are ready to invade Emerald Woods (in a few days). Random conciliatory BS

The king of Legacy

Stiele

Bob_D

Rank 0
Bob_D
PostedJan 04, 2013 5:34 pm
Dusty0001 wrote:
aduindam wrote:

The King of Legacy,

Stiele  

Or to put it another way....

Blah Blah Smoke and mirrors Blah Blah. However fights will continue in the rest of Harp lake.

As I won't be talking to anyone in Synergy for a few days, I'll have removed them from Harp Lake and we will be ready to invade Emerald Woods in a few days. Conciliatory BS

The king of Legacy

Stiele  

With all due respect Stiele has honour, alot more than most people out there ive known him for a long time now and it isn't in Legacies ways to "blah blah blah invade the next map".

I was going to refrain from speaking up in this post so that's all.

Shikii~

Dusty0001

Rank 0
PostedJan 04, 2013 6:32 pm
I've only ever opposed him and the only traces of honour I've seen have been used to gain an advantage. Such as arranging a truce watching your adversary ware themselves down and then steam in for an easy win. I believe Legacy only ever let us rebuild so far was to make knocking us down again a bit of sport. We were never going to be allowed to get big enough to challenge. Is that Honour?

The only reason I can see for allowing a peaceful retreat was so they could concentrate on clearing the rest of the map. That is not honour that is tactics, the strategy being to control all four maps. Honour..... I don't think you understand the meaning of the word.

oznoel

Rank 0
PostedJan 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Clearing up the war

Clearing up the war
Yes emotions can run high not just on the field but off it. It's important to remain rational and calm. I see a steady stream of long term players leaving now, which is sad.

Now leaders think of the future. It will be 3 maps Vs 1 soon and a massive power difference.
Is this what you want? As that power diff takes over EW you will see more and more players depart. GA will lose many $$ lol. Shocked

Lets face it no1 but the the few high level plyrs can defend against Stiele. We all know he has the heroes, power and unlimited$$$ to beat every1.

So Legacy and Boris soon you and all your allies will own the 4 maps. Do you want Sim city?

A boring future dont u think? Even a merge will just be groundhog day.

So leaders plz put ur heads together and come up with a solution. Thats why ur in those positions, isnt it?

Smokeypom

Rank 0
PostedJan 04, 2013 7:56 pm
Same BS,different day really.We have been through this all before,balance of power yada,yada,yada,Aeria merges the servers to try to help,lol, which gives us a few months and we back to square one again. I honestly cant see an end to the cycle,regardless of who did what,where,when and why,we always end up back to where we started.We have one server left to merge with,which should give us another,lets say 6 months if we lucky,then we all mayaswell pack up and go home.
I say this as member one of the main kingdoms,we talk of balance e.t.c,but we also need to consider the "smaller guys".Both Legacy and Synergy go round claiming all wonders worth anything to building an alliance,on all maps,which makes it near impossible for the smaller guys to get established and grow,without merging with major kingdom,which is obviusly not what they want themselves.This stifles the growth of everyone but the top two kingdoms.Perhaps if the top kingdoms concentrated more on the 5,6 type wonders and perhaps a few 4's,we would eventually see some other powers rise to surface, or indeed grow stronger.The game itself will not advance until we make allowances for this,we will just sit here and stagnate,getting more pissed off with each other for stupid things.
Like others, i have seen all this happen once before,almost verbatim, some have seen it happen twice even.Its all just History repeating itself and is BS

_Mighty_

Rank 2
PostedJan 04, 2013 9:04 pm
Does anyone have some spare fuel???

Remember it's a game. Always have fun in good times and bad.