jess1901

Rank 0
PostedDec 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Server lost connection

Disconnecting after 1-2 mins of gameplay.
Hi (:

I know that there are dozens of topics up about this issue, but I've tried pretty much all of the fixes with no result. The funny thing is that I could connect perfectly fine yesterday.
Here's a screenshot:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement

Merushii

Rank 3
Merushii
PostedDec 29, 2012 9:08 pm
Hello jess1901!

Let's take a look!

• Have you changed anything at all on your system since the time the disconnections began (Antivirus/firewall settings, new programs, etc.)? If so, it could be that something you downloaded/changed is causing the anti-bot software to boot you off.
  • It could be your current connection with the server. Could you try running a tracert? Perhaps a node along the way is causing you issues currently. If you're getting something around or above 300ms, it could cause lag/disconnections.
  • Have you restarted your computer since this issue began?

We'll start with these. Please do let me know, and I'd love to keep assisting you if the problem persists!

jess1901

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:03 am
Thanks for responding (:

Here's a tracert:

I tried connecting again today, but the issue still exists.
I think it may have something to do with my firewall, so I'll have a poke around and see if I can do anything about it.

jess1901

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:24 am
I tried turning off my firewall, but that didn't do anything. I don't have any antivirus software installed and I didn't download anything new lately, besides eden.
I'm thinking it's because I might have a virus that the anti-bot software is picking up and then disconnecting me for.

Do you know of any good programs that can get rid of viruses?

Spongeycashew

Rank 2
Spongeycashew
PostedDec 30, 2012 1:31 pm
Hello~

There are lots of good antiviruses that are free online. I personally use Microsoft Security Essentials, but you can go for others like AVG, Avira etc. Basically just do a quick little google search and you'll be able to find lots of programs. However, be careful because some of the "antiviruses" out there are scams.

jess1901

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2012 2:26 pm
Thank so much! I'll let you know if the antivirus works (:

jess1901

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2012 4:11 pm
Ah, I'm afraid that even running a full scan and getting rid of a few viruses still didn't solve the problem ):

Crrev

Rank 0
Crrev
PostedJan 02, 2013 10:33 am
Bump.
Got the exact same problem.
My internet connection is fine (same with connection to the servers), already tried turning off/uninstalling my firewall and antivir (and yea, my system is clean as well), nothing helps.
The game used to run perfectly for me (had a few months break), now I get dc's every 1-2 minutes. Help? Sad

jess1901

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2013 11:10 am
Alas, it would appear the gamesages have forsaken us lost souls and left us to wallow in the despair known as - notbeingabletoplayedenbecauseofadumbdisconnectionissue.

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedJan 02, 2013 11:26 am
If you can try to reboot your modem or internet source, if that doesn't work then there is a issue between you and the Aeria servers for eden.

Aeria's servers have been unstable for some time, and we have been experiencing disconnections and severe lags, so this is expected sometimes.