Ultima_Thuul

Rank 0
Ultima_Thuul
PostedDec 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Fix the Lag in the Auction Room

Hey Tech Support

My toon is in the Auction Room, it's been 15-20 minute and I can't move. I have been unable to move or even turn the entirety of that time.

Am I obstructed? No!
Is my computer frozen? No!
Is other activity happening? Yes, but I can't tell at what speed.
Couldn't I just port out? That depends, it took 4 minutes from when I hit the enter key to a text box appearing. I still couldn't type anything though.
Does my computer have a virus or other problem? No! No problems, and when I play any other toon outside the Auction Room they are fine.

This is beyond a joke. It is an embarrassment this is not even a priority.

Auction Room = Major Fail for game experience!

Fix it! How hard could it possibly be?

Advertisement

demoman11

Rank 0
demoman11
PostedDec 29, 2012 11:43 pm
It is common knowledge that the Auction House will be extra laggy during Christmas/special events. With the server merge there has been more lag but not to the point where you can't move for 20 minutes. It will decrease when Aeria removes the patch next week or so but for now the best you can do is switch your graphics right down.

Lowest detail, no capes or helmets, no special effects, no shadows...practically the bare MINIMUM and it should improve the situation A LOT. Also if you have to trade with someone at the Bank Teller it's always a good thing to face towards the wall, less kb will have to be loaded from the other players.

Don't get so angry. Also Australian internet is crap. I should know...

Ultima_Thuul

Rank 0
Ultima_Thuul
PostedDec 30, 2012 12:16 am
Thanks Demoman11

I have got some improvement now. Specifically it was the cloaks and hats that were causing the lag (and possibly changing from 32bit to 16bit graphics).

Still, when I was playing this a year and a half ago I had the graphics set optimally, and although there was lag at the auction it was a relative minor irritation.

Cheers

brodysmash14

Rank 2
brodysmash14
PostedDec 30, 2012 12:29 am
Here is a link to a topic i had about reducing lag in the ah and a few other topics I explained on my suggestions thread.

I don't kill lights for merit, I kill them because I want to kill them! Bwahahahahhahaha! -5 Year Player

DerangedPanda

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2013 9:40 am
Its probably your computer, old game or not the AH can be stressing with all the people in it after merge.