Author Message

Darkyakuza

Rank 0
Darkyakuza
Joined
17 Apr 2008
Posts
10
Location
Amsterdam Netherlands
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Lvl 80 gear

Hey there,

A small question from a european player :

We are on EP 6 with gear 79 available, but not powerfull enough to work around the new Tank Buff ( increase physical def of 50% ).
As a result, PvP ( already dying in EP 5 ) is close to disappear completely.

Do you have the lvl 80 gear ? and if this is the case, since when ?
Is this gear a donjon drop ? or only in Item mall ?
Does it make a difference in PvP ?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers
Advertisement

vintagephoenix

Rank 1
vintagephoenix
Joined
11 Aug 2008
Posts
396
Location
United States
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:58 pm
We don't have 80 gear yet other than by absurdly long quest in game.
(keep it this way for a while please GMs)

The GM team made a behind the scenes scaling change to the amount of attack power added by enchants for weapons. Unfortunately it does not seem to help for some player classes as the scaling attack power seems to favor some classes over others and does not affect casters at all yet.

This isnt ideal however since now pvp requires the new buff (IS) on both sides in order for 1 side to not just wipe the other.

The whole system needs more work.

MetalPhoenix

Rank 0
MetalPhoenix
Joined
07 Aug 2008
Posts
164
Location
Gent Belgium
PostedDec 29, 2012 3:55 pm
iAmYou. wrote:
get 80 weaps. (with absurdly high dmge, like 2x the current or something)


OR



remove IS (that defskillthing)



fixed PVP.  


thats not the point, priests and mages die fast enough even with IS, the problem is that f/d & w/g have way much more defense/HP compared to the other classes making them harder to kill when they are on IS. Casters are nerved (idk about a/r & h/s cause I haven't seen much of them in 80pvp)

cnctina

Rank 0
Joined
28 Dec 2009
Posts
48
Location
United States
PostedDec 29, 2012 4:15 pm
MetalPhoenix wrote:
iAmYou. wrote:
get 80 weaps. (with absurdly high dmge, like 2x the current or something)


OR



remove IS (that defskillthing)



fixed PVP.  


thats not the point, priests and mages die fast enough even with IS, the problem is that f/d & w/g have way much more defense/HP compared to the other classes making them harder to kill when they are on IS. Casters are nerved (idk about a/r & h/s cause I haven't seen much of them in 80pvp)  


That is because they have been nerfed so long people are not playing them any more. This is not a new problem, it is just new for priests/orcs.

Sin.Paz

Rank 0
Sin.Paz
Joined
24 Dec 2011
Posts
177
Location
Flagstaff United States
PostedDec 29, 2012 4:28 pm
iAmYou. wrote:
get 80 weaps. (with absurdly high dmge, like 2x the current or something)


OR



remove IS (that defskillthing)



fixed PVP.  

as an 80 guard i would support nerfing or removing IS makes pvp so boring

Perma Retired, I'm sorry Anna

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
Joined
17 May 2007
Posts
1458
Location
United States
PostedDec 29, 2012 4:30 pm
In goddess caster gears were 36 def, not including caps, and war/guard were 74, a 38 point difference, almost 50%. Now caster gears are 968 (again not counting caps), war/guard are 2369, 1401 difference , well over 50%. So in the past the difference was much smaller number and ratio. If they cut the base defense on war/guard gear in half 1185, would still be noticeably higher base defense, without being so overwhelmingly high. *smiles* or double the def of caster gear, to 1936 and remove IS... either would work >.>

Darkyakuza

Rank 0
Darkyakuza
Joined
17 Apr 2008
Posts
10
Location
Amsterdam Netherlands
PostedDec 29, 2012 5:14 pm
Thanks all for your replies !

So if i understand well, we will have to deal with this boring pvp for a long time ....

Can you confirm you are on EP 6.1 or 6.2 ?

Cheers

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
Joined
03 Dec 2007
Posts
2831
Location
Croatia
PostedDec 29, 2012 6:11 pm
Darkyakuza wrote:
Thanks all for your replies !

So if i understand well, we will have to deal with this boring pvp for a long time ....

Can you confirm you are on EP 6.1 or 6.2 ?

Cheers  

We are currently on ep 6.2 but we got a surprise enchant re scaling that was ment it be impentened later on in the game.Lucky us that we got that rescaling and no1 is unkillable anymore

demoman11

Rank 0
demoman11
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Posts
158
Location
Australia
PostedDec 29, 2012 6:25 pm
Lvl 70 spear with max enchant linked Assault Lapis lv7 and anything else to increase base weapon damage = just over 1000. Buy new 70+ spear...base attack with nothing is over 1000 by 1 or 2 hundred.

...

Need I say more?

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Darkyakuza

Rank 0
Darkyakuza
Joined
17 Apr 2008
Posts
10
Location
Amsterdam Netherlands
PostedDec 29, 2012 6:36 pm
DarkSakimaru wrote:
Darkyakuza wrote:
Thanks all for your replies !

So if i understand well, we will have to deal with this boring pvp for a long time ....

Can you confirm you are on EP 6.1 or 6.2 ?

Cheers  

We are currently on ep 6.2 but we got a surprise enchant re scaling that was ment it be impentened later on in the game.Lucky us that we got that rescaling and no1 is unkillable anymore  


EP 6.2 and no gear 80 ? I was thinking there were supposed to be a donjon to drop it ...
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: