GMLeo

GameMaster: USA
GMLeo
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:35 pm

OJs on Costumes

A quick explanation of the functionality.
Hey folks. I've seen a bit of confusion and anger regarding the costumes and how they can be OJ'd. I wanted to post some information up for you guys based on some testing I did this morning.

First of all, here are some facts about the Costume items:

- Costumes are timed items, meaning that after a certain duration the item will disappear from the game.
- Costumes are currently non-tradable. This means they cannot be given to other characters, they cannot be dropped on the ground, and they cannot be stored in the warehouse. There is NO way for a costume to be traded once it is removed from the bank.
- Costumes are equipped to a new slot in the inventory. Only ONE costume can be equipped at a time (think of it as an extra accessory).  

Costumes can also be recreated using Rec Runes to get OJs. Here are some facts about the OJ system for costumes:

- Costumes will NOT be able to receive GM Max OJ services at this time.
- Rerolls function just like any other gear. Use a professional blacksmith and recreation rune to change the stats.
- Costumes can have between 0 and 3 OJs.
- The maximum limit of an OJ is based on the level of the character performing the reroll.  

As for the limits, we know that it scales based on the level of the character performing the reroll, but it appears the limits that we were given may not be accurate. We are currently testing it out ourselves, but if you would like to help, please post a screenshot with the following information visible:

- The character window showing your level.
- The costume in your inventory or equipped with the mouse over the item to show the stats.

I hope this clears up some of the rumors. I understand some of you are concerned about players being too strong, but we will continue to gather data and ensure that we keep things fair for everyone!
Advertisement

styfz

Rank 1
styfz
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:37 pm
1st

and thats all cool, but, yeah, ppl that rolled 9k hp plz post pics o.o

cdcutinhalf5

Rank 2
cdcutinhalf5
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: OJs on Costumes

GMLeo wrote:
I hope this clears up some of the rumors. I understand some of you are concerned about players being too strong, but we will continue to gather data and ensure that we keep things fair for everyone!  

Only way to do this is remove the OJs,

please and ty

<a>Photobucket</a>

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:40 pm
Costumes should be vanity items only - they shouldn't have any OJ's [full stop].

Slabs565

Rank 0
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:40 pm

<3
Thank you Leo... that was a fast reply to the comments being made on this topic - very well done my friend Smile

Aaria9

Rank 0
Aaria9
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:41 pm   Last edited by Aaria9 on Dec 29, 2012 2:52 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Costumes on the 80 lvl give us 100 stats and a max of 10K hp.
Im not all for these extra stats will post an SS of mine when I decide to Pop it

Dilto

Rank 0
Dilto
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:45 pm
I don't see any point to having expiring costumes in the game not to mention even bothering to upgrade them in any way. I have seen picutres of these costumes and I would not even want my toon running around in one of them. That is just how nice they look....
Anyways, whoever came up with this new upgrade in the game my hats off to you, you are making the game sooo much better....

A couple suggestions:
either remove costumes from the game.
or take off the expiration factor.
or just make it decorative item (as I hope it was meant to be) that way ppl can have some fun with it rather than having to constantly wear something ugly all the time because of the stats. Since that just takes the fun out of working to get the high lvl gear when it gets covered by "costumes".

Eboleh

Rank 2
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Re: OJs on Costumes

cdcutinhalf5 wrote:
GMLeo wrote:

Only way to do this is remove the OJs,

please and ty  

^ +1

vintagephoenix

Rank 1
vintagephoenix
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:48 pm
I've seen stats as high as 99 and 9k+ hp rolls on 80 toons.

These OJs are a bit much especially on an AP only, character bound item. The gap between heavy ap buyer and free player is pretty large already.

I know your intent with these is to make money with them but honestly making them another 'requirement' to be competitve for pvp is not helping your player base.

I have to agree these should be vanity only.

/disappointed

demie87

Rank 0
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:49 pm
im finding it hard to spend my time rerolling something that will disappear after said time just to start over rerolling again and again. i agree remove the ojs on this item. These items should just be for looks only nothing more added.