Author Message

urdeep1

Rank 4
urdeep1
Joined
22 Jul 2012
Posts
1693
Location
Toronto Canada
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:15 pm   Last edited by urdeep1 on May 14, 2013 10:20 pm. Edited 30 times in total

Guide to Prevent Scammers

Look before Making any Trades
What's the Barter Index?
The Barter Category was created so that us fellow forumers could trade among ourselves. It is not to be misused for purposes such as selling as posted in the following thread:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1814547

Now, this section mainly focuses on people coming together to try and trade things like guns with each other. It mainly focuses on the trades of weapons through the Weapon Transfer System. What is this transfer system? Check the Url Below

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1796177


So What's Going On?
Now the main reason why this thread was conducted. With the new trade system kicking in, there have been several people going around trying to scam as well as many people that have been getting scammed. Now, to prevent such unethical matter, this thread should give a slight hint on what can happen to scammers if they really wish to choose this path or how this can be avoided if you do not wish to be a victim.

First of all, the consequences:
• Will be punished, alts can lead to mains
• Possible Suspensions or Bans
• Have their names listed in the Wall of Shame
• Others could occur depending on the situation

SO DON’T DO IT!

How Can I avoid getting scammed?

Do not trade with people you are not familiar with. It is a simple rule that almost everyone should be following. You SHOULD NOT, be simply trusting people and relying on the fact that they SAID they would trade you a gun. It is best to trade with members you are familiar with as well as trusted forumers. Do not go first unless you know the person well and many people can vouch for that person. In addition, prior to the deal being completed, ask the person to go in game to show you that they have the gun. It's a good way to know if the person is actually able to supply you with the weapon of your demand or not.

Other Tactics:
• Look at their profiles, mainly join dates (should not be a troll account)
• Check the post count, most trusted forumers have 200 +
• Ask others before making a deal, get them to have vouchers ready
• Look at the Wall of Shame to be certain they are not on the list

Something that is crucial to keep in mind is that if in any case this scenerio does apply to you. Aeria will not be responsible for reimbursing what was "Stolen" from your account. It was all authorized by you, which is why you must take this very seriously in order to avoid fraud.


Why should I believe you?
Many people think that scamming isn't a bannable offense. Conversely, those who have got scammed believe they will be able to get their guns back if they send in a ticket. No big deal right? Well that's in correct for both cases. If you are caught scamming, you will be punished. In addition, to back up my previous statement where I have stated that Aeria would not be reimbursing the accounts of the victims, please take a look at the screenshot below



Wall Of Shame

Over the time period, there have been several scammings. A list below is created and updated daily with scammers who are going around influenced by fraud.
If you have any proof of a scammer and want to report it.

Please send in a PM and I’ll add them immediately.

Be aware as some of these people might just use alternate accounts or could possibly change their in game names.

Format of the Offenders Name:
 

Forum Name
In Game Name
Proof of Offense
 




Wall Of Fame
Although there are some dirty fish in the sea, good people do exist. The following is a composed list of people who have made successful trades and can be trusted. They are trusted, vouched for, and have a high reputation of being good traders. Send in a PM if you have proof of a successful trade and I will add you to this list.

All Game Sages Can Be Trusted

Trusted Forumers:


  • dahemkiller18

  • urdeep1

  • RazorAIM

  • Ryan_SF

  • xumbinhu123

  • jojobroch10

  • BrntFrydRyce

  • husseinatwa

  • Walrusman2

Advertisement

kotaku23

Rank 5
kotaku23
Joined
26 Jul 2012
Posts
3535
Location
SoCal United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:26 pm
There are known scammers that we can add to the wall already :p

itsbrian517

Rank 2
Joined
30 Jun 2012
Posts
454
Location
United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:28 pm
kotaku23 wrote:
There are known scammers that we can add to the wall already :p  


We need solid evidence before we can put the scammers on there. As we all know, scammers are "innocent until proven guilty."

urdeep1

Rank 4
urdeep1
Joined
22 Jul 2012
Posts
1693
Location
Toronto Canada
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:45 pm
kotaku23 wrote:
There are known scammers that we can add to the wall already :p  


I'll start adding people once I'm given PMs of their names as well as the proof of their scamming.

cruawp

Rank 0
Joined
11 Jun 2012
Posts
146
Location
United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Re: Guide to Prevent Scammers

Look before Making any Trades
urdeep1 wrote:
What's the Barter Index?
The Barter Category was created so that us fellow forumers could trade among ourselves. It is not to be misused for purposes such as selling as posted in the following thread:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1814547

Now, this section mainly focuses on people coming together to try and trade things like guns with each other. It mainly focuses on the trades of weapons through the Weapon Transfer System. What is this transfer system? Check the Url Below

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1796177


So What's Going On?
Now the main reason why this thread was conducted. With the new trade system kicking in, there have been several people going around trying to scam as well as many people that have been getting scammed. Now, to prevent such unethical matter, this thread should give a slight hint on what can happen to scammers if they really wish to choose this path or how this can be avoided if you do not wish to be a victim.

First of all, the consequences:
• Will be punished, alts can lead to mains
• Possible Suspensions or Bans
• Have their names listed in the Wall of Shame
• Others could occur depending on the situation

SO DON’T DO IT!

How Can I avoid getting scammed?

Do not trade with people you are not familiar with. It is a simple rule that almost everyone should be following. You SHOULD NOT, be simply trusting people and relying on the fact that they SAID they would trade you a gun. It is best to trade with members you are familiar with as well as trusted forumers. Do not go first unless you know the person well and many people can vouch for that person.

Over the time period, there have been several scammings. A list below is created and updated daily with scammers who are going around influenced by fraud.
If you have any proof of a scammer and want to report it.

Please send in a PM and I’ll add them immediately.

Wall Of Shame


  • Still Needs to be Filled

 


you know scamming isnt bannable....

kotaku23

Rank 5
kotaku23
Joined
26 Jul 2012
Posts
3535
Location
SoCal United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Guide to Prevent Scammers

Look before Making any Trades
cruawp wrote:
urdeep1 wrote:
What's the Barter Index?
The Barter Category was created so that us fellow forumers could trade among ourselves. It is not to be misused for purposes such as selling as posted in the following thread:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1814547

Now, this section mainly focuses on people coming together to try and trade things like guns with each other. It mainly focuses on the trades of weapons through the Weapon Transfer System. What is this transfer system? Check the Url Below

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1796177


So What's Going On?
Now the main reason why this thread was conducted. With the new trade system kicking in, there have been several people going around trying to scam as well as many people that have been getting scammed. Now, to prevent such unethical matter, this thread should give a slight hint on what can happen to scammers if they really wish to choose this path or how this can be avoided if you do not wish to be a victim.

First of all, the consequences:
• Will be punished, alts can lead to mains
• Possible Suspensions or Bans
• Have their names listed in the Wall of Shame
• Others could occur depending on the situation

SO DON’T DO IT!

How Can I avoid getting scammed?

Do not trade with people you are not familiar with. It is a simple rule that almost everyone should be following. You SHOULD NOT, be simply trusting people and relying on the fact that they SAID they would trade you a gun. It is best to trade with members you are familiar with as well as trusted forumers. Do not go first unless you know the person well and many people can vouch for that person.

Over the time period, there have been several scammings. A list below is created and updated daily with scammers who are going around influenced by fraud.
If you have any proof of a scammer and want to report it.

Please send in a PM and I’ll add them immediately.

Wall Of Shame


  • Still Needs to be Filled

 


you know scamming isnt bannable....  


It is reportable, GS's have stated that it against the ToS to scam even though they can't refund your weapons.

urdeep1

Rank 4
urdeep1
Joined
22 Jul 2012
Posts
1693
Location
Toronto Canada
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:58 pm   Last edited by urdeep1 on Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Scamming is a bannable offense. Although Aeria doesn't take any responsibility for the victim, punishment can occur for scamming. If you really want to challenge and question that, go for it, but let me just tell you this, the results will be bad.

I'll get a GS to approve of this so no one tries to do anything rational.

jojobroch10

Rank 4
jojobroch10
Joined
26 Jun 2012
Posts
2289
Location
machelen Belgium
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:58 pm
u mean scamming is bannable Razz?

urdeep1

Rank 4
urdeep1
Joined
22 Jul 2012
Posts
1693
Location
Toronto Canada
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:00 pm
jojobroch10 wrote:
u mean scamming is bannable Razz?  


woops just fixed that, thanks for the grammar error Laughing

dahemkiller18

Heroic Founder: Soldier Front 2
dahemkiller18
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Posts
3798
Location
laval Canada
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:12 pm
itsbrian517 wrote:
kotaku23 wrote:
There are known scammers that we can add to the wall already :p  


We need solid evidence before we can put the scammers on there. As we all know, scammers are "innocent until proven guilty."  

ur GUilty with 7+ people saying that u scammed them with ur Fake acc ect it will all lead to ur main and i happy u angry

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: