RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedDec 28, 2012 4:51 pm   Last edited by RollaR_50248 on Jan 07, 2013 6:24 am. Edited 2 times in total

Farmer's Guide

How to make the most out of your farm
You gain access to your farm when you occupy your city. You start with 3 plots of land and gain an extra spot every 5 farm levels up to a current maximum of 9 plots. Every 5 levels you also unlock more crops that you can plant. Currently only level 1 and 2 1hr and 4hrs crops can be purchased using gold, higher level crops and 12hr crops must be acquired using balens, from VIP wheel spins or as rewards from events.

The main crops available are Daru, Kyanite, Gold and Experience crops. There are other "special" plants such as voucher or insignia, or "event" plants such as pumpkins.

To increase your farm level you need to gain farm experience. This can be done in 2 ways:

1. You can weed, exterminate pests and energise the trees of friends' farms. Each plot weeded or pest exterminated is 1xp; xp from energising trees depends on friendship level. Energising tree s also increases your friendship with that person. You can only gain 200 xp per day by "helping" friends. This resets at 0:00 PST daily.

2. You can weed and clear pests from your own farm.

Please note: your farm level CANNOT exceed your player level

When you reach a level 30 farm you can start to upgrade your farm lands. You can use either balens or vouchers to do this. Vouchers are easily obtainable in game so are usually preferable. Each land upgrade increases the yield and decreases the time frame for the crops to ready.

You can also use balens to speed up the crops being ready. This halves the time left on the clock for them to finish.

You can also used the farming system to "steal" your friends' crops. When someone's crops are ready their crops become available for everyone on their friends list to harvest until the farm owner harvests them his/her-self. Each time you harvest a friend's crops you decrease their yield by 10% of what they have left, as that is the amount you take.
Up to three friends can harvest one plot.

Generally speaking, 1 hr crops are not worth stealing, 4 hr crops are preferable. Higher grade/balens/special crops are highly desirable steals but may result in upsetting your friends so tread carefully.

Camping farms until their crops are ready is considered bad form and rude (although i make an exception for one person Wink they know who they are ^^) and is highly likely to result in you being removed from a farm friends list.

Each person has their own opinion about the stealing system, some people welcome it while others frown about it. Be open minded, have fun, and don't be offended if you are stolen from or have been removed due to stealing.

Good luck and enjoy the game!

Edit: Also note that if you have pests and weeds on your crops when they mature that also reduces your yeild by 10% per pest/weed. Your crops will still be open for 3 steals after this initial reduction of yield, meaning potentially you can lose as much as 41-42% of your crops if the circumstances fit.
Advertisement

Expire66

Rank 0
Expire66
PostedDec 29, 2012 11:35 am
I don't suppose there are plans to keep the ninjas out of the farm? I've upgraded my soil to level 5, when I'm vigilant I can receive yields of my lvl 2 Daru Plants upwards of 10k per plant.

If I am offline and they come like a thief in the night, my yield is 7k per plant. That's a loss of 24k Daru across 8 plots! I'm tempted to remove the cretins from my friend list...but...level 3 friends give me a lot of bonuses in Void and Badlands runs. Plus, it would mean that I wasted my Roses. xD

-Vossler of PHOENIX

"Light thinks that it is faster than everything, but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds that the darkness has always gotten there first and is waiting for it."

zthen

Rank 1
zthen
PostedDec 29, 2012 6:34 pm
i personally don't mind if "active" farmers steal my crops since i usually can make more then i lose. Its those lvl 30+ players that have like 4 plots of land and no plants that go around stealing that makes me upset.

<a>Image and video hosting by TinyPic</a>

Nyhmai

Rank 0
Nyhmai
PostedJan 03, 2013 12:51 am

Assuming

zthen wrote:
i personally don't mind if "active" farmers steal my crops since i usually can make more then i lose. Its those lvl 30+ players that have like 4 plots of land and no plants that go around stealing that makes me upset.  

I think that the only way players can steal your crops, is because they are your friend. Maybe unfriend some of the people who have lower level crops, and then you won't have to deal so much with them. <3

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedJan 07, 2013 6:28 am
please see the edit note for updated info

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedJan 08, 2013 3:18 am
Expire66 wrote:
I don't suppose there are plans to keep the ninjas out of the farm? I've upgraded my soil to level 5, when I'm vigilant I can receive yields of my lvl 2 Daru Plants upwards of 10k per plant.

If I am offline and they come like a thief in the night, my yield is 7k per plant. That's a loss of 24k Daru across 8 plots! I'm tempted to remove the cretins from my friend list...but...level 3 friends give me a lot of bonuses in Void and Badlands runs. Plus, it would mean that I wasted my Roses. xD

-Vossler of PHOENIX  

Me too. Like Rooj said, it's bad form to camp peoples farms and it got to the point for me where I'd start deleting non-guild members who were doing this. It was generally the same names popping up every time and I got tired of it. I don't mind people dipping into the fund every now and then but when I see the same person raiding my crops the second the come up two and sometimes three times a day, it's time to go Wink

jensenfamily320

Rank 0
jensenfamily320
PostedJan 22, 2013 9:53 pm

No Problem

I see no problem with people farming off my farm, as I do to others as well. It's all about sharing. If you are really particular about people plucking your farm then only add people you don't care to share with and feel the same way about you. It's all apart of the game. At least they are not taking the entire amount of the crop.

jaded.heart66

Rank 0
jaded.heart66
PostedJul 01, 2013 1:01 pm
I did not know that about the % loss to yield. Guess it does pay to read up on a game b4 playing it.