livintheharmony

Rank 0
livintheharmony
PostedDec 28, 2012 3:15 am

signature tutorial for gimp and ps

please D:
i've seen many people into making signature and also me..i'm planning to make for my own. i just thought it would be a great idea if someone should make a thread for signature tutorial and resources Smile and other things it would be a great help for newbie artist. That would made much easier finding them tutorials and resources so that they won't get in trouble looking for one. I would appreciate it!~
Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedDec 28, 2012 3:46 am
You can find GIMP and PS Tutorial's through youtube. Just find the right one, a few of them are a bit confusing. Although I've been meaning to make one. I'll make one later today and I'll be sure to post it. ^.^

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

livintheharmony

Rank 0
livintheharmony
PostedDec 28, 2012 3:52 am
yeah youtube is a good site but most of the stuffs i find there are quite difficult and some of them doesn't really explain at all D: it would be much appreciate if every detail was explain Smile

i just thought that if anyone finds good tutorials and resources from other sites they post it here like a compilation of those

ColorMeEvil

Rank 0
ColorMeEvil
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:05 am
great idea
I have some old tutorials that you might understand and I could make a video tutorial on the current signature I have but im not sure if i can explain it all.
I can post some of the things I know about signature and good resources sites

lil_demonly

Rank 0
lil_demonly
PostedDec 28, 2012 8:42 am
Well although some tutorials seem hard which I know they are sometimes cuz I tried to figure them put myself some might be helpful if I kinda rewind the video a bit. At first when I watched them I had no clue what was going on until I started to use gimp myself. I didn't really learn everything from tutorials, just the basics but it was good enough. As soon as u kinda grasp on how to do it then u can start experimenting yourself which was how I learned to do mine
Here's how mine look so far.

Right now I'm just experimenting with all the things gimp has and everytime I learn something new

livintheharmony

Rank 0
livintheharmony
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:11 am
Yours are pretty good so far especially the last one, it's so colorful *.*
Im trying to experiment but everytime i start making signature i dont know what to do next after i put the picture, i feel like theres no idea coming out lolXD im not much of an artist but im desperate to learn this field...i didn't really understand much of them in video, even in those not video its hard cause some of the steps there are not much of a detail. im starting with gimp by the way and if i got into it im gonna go photoshopping and probably not just make signatures Very Happy
i have to start with basics...

this is my very first signature

i know shes now a prophet when you look into the wiki but i want the text to keep as "the cleric" lol Smile
if anybody could help me give advice i would appreciate it.

mschultz98

Rank 3
mschultz98
PostedDec 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: signature tutorial for gimp and ps

please D:
livintheharmony wrote:
i've seen many people into making signature and also me..i'm planning to make for my own. i just thought it would be a great idea if someone should make a thread for signature tutorial and resources Smile and other things it would be a great help for newbie artist. That would made much easier finding them tutorials and resources so that they won't get in trouble looking for one. I would appreciate it!~  

I've honestly never looked up any sort of tutorials. One great way to get involved with photoshop and gimp is by hands on experience: learning tricks you do and don't like. for a while, I was loving splicing photos, then it was lights, then it was edges...and the list goes on. Practice on a few before you really open a shop, or do some for friends, and get their critiques.

minahope

Rank 3
minahope
Outside Ghosts Window In The United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 3:43 pm
mschultz98 wrote:
I've honestly never looked up any sort of tutorials. One great way to get involved with photoshop and gimp is by hands on experience: learning tricks you do and don't like. for a while, I was loving splicing photos, then it was lights, then it was edges...and the list goes on. Practice on a few before you really open a shop, or do some for friends, and get their critiques.  

Yup. Only tutorials I ever looked up were rendering tutorials, and some blending with different brushes. The rest I learnt hands on, Tutorials are helpful, But anyone can read instructions. I made a few siggys for a couple months for my friends, and then decided to open a shop. Since then, I've improved alot, But, I could make some simple tutorials for gimp that are easy to understand, to get people going. Number one thing to remember when you do siggys though, keep your mind open, and be creative, express yourself. <3~.

livintheharmony

Rank 0
livintheharmony
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:46 am
I guess I'm missing these "keep your mind open, and be creative, express yourself" thanks for the tips! Maybe i'm gonna start practicing first with rendering stuffs since i find it easy to follow the tutorials I found. And please do if you guys like, make simple tutorials I would love to learn from it and it would be helpful for starters like me. Very Happy

bad bad me :3