Rock1tt

Rank 1
Rock1tt
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:05 am
pask81 wrote:
I did some research on forum, this avital folder seems bound to some sort of antihack software... but all references I got were for Wolfteam, I don't know if there is something similar for shaiya, but I know I don't have that folder.

Do the ones that have this folder play wolfteam too maybe?  

i know i don't, so better to be safe than sorry, halfway through the new download now

Will uninstall, and re-install with the new download and post my findings...

Advertisement

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:06 am
Rock1tt wrote:
I have same folder named "Avital" with 2 x files :

shaiya64.sys
sysken64.sys

Digital signature shows they originate from Beijing Apex Weifeng Technology Co Ltd

There's also an email address and site for service@apexanti.com

The site takes you to a webmail site in chinese!

Gonna delete and re-install Shaiya and see if the same folder appears, it may be from a recent update though as it was created on 14/12  

most of their products linked to apex seem to be security programs rather then password sniffers/malware... its strange that everyone so far in thread posting they HAVE this folder is as long as a player as myself...not a new account going "i just started playing what is this folder for" but i dont have this folder in my directory or anywhere else on my pc...i should be thankful i guess but i kinda feel left out lol!

TwekTwek

Rank 1
TwekTwek
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:08 am
The folder I had was created on dec. 21 and I dont play woflteam, checked the company online too and seemed legit, but since only one of my friends had it on his comp and another who recently reinstalled the game didnt have it, I took the better safe then srry approach. The game seems to work fine without this folder, and I can always reinstall the game if folder is needed, just didnt wanna take any chances:)

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:13 am
Never played wolfteam in my life and I have this folder too. o.0
Why would a wolfteam folder be in a Shaiya folder?

What ninja file did they patch in now?

Mine was created on 14th Dec. Delete or not? ;o

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:16 am
http://www.apexanti.com/en/

is the company that are apparently the source of these files.... read for yourself and decide...buut would be intresting to find out WHY its ninja'd in there...

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:19 am
It seems it is used in Eden Eternal as well. Anyway just don't panic: this avital doesn't seem a threat

Rock1tt

Rank 1
Rock1tt
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:31 am
pask81 wrote:
It seems it is used in Eden Eternal as well. Anyway just don't panic: this avital doesn't seem a threat  

Just finished un-installing and re-installing Shaiya, the Avital folder disapeared along with everything else

After finishing all updates and checking again, still no sign of it, so it can't be part of new updates patched recently

Will be interesting to find out where this folder came from, and apparently appeared out of nowhere

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:39 am
I have no idea, but this apex seems a legitimate company and it is an Aeria partner (apparently for other games, not for shaiya).

Most likely there is no correlation between the op stolen password and the presence of that folder on his pc.

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:46 am
perhaps its an implementation of their ways to fight the dupers and other security issues...who knows since not ALL of us have it...GM response on it as to its lagitimacy would be nice but then again they might just go "we cannot discuss these things in forums"

leynad

Rank 1
leynad
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:33 am
I just checked and don't have that folder, my client was installed a long time ago thought.
Maybe is the link that was used to download shaiya that had those two files.