Author Message

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10610
Location
United Kingdom
PostedDec 30, 2012 5:11 pm
People QQ that 80 pvp is dying because people are unkillable.

The same people QQ when a potential solution arrives.

Go Figure.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn
Advertisement

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
Joined
20 May 2010
Posts
336
Location
Beccles United Kingdom
PostedDec 30, 2012 5:20 pm
Killa_1112 wrote:
People QQ that 80 pvp is dying because people are unkillable.

The same people QQ when a potential solution arrives.

Go Figure.  


Because they are never happy, and its the highest AP buyers who QQ the most and its all there own fault, define irony.

80 pvp should only happen in KI and above maps IMHO

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8440
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedDec 30, 2012 5:39 pm
Ldydrgn wrote:

I was referring to the red text, it was a sarcastic remark... IMO (and I have many years in retail management/customer service) is that to make that bottom line they are going to have to get new players to stay in the game. Advertising this game as F2P and then making sure drop rates are low and any competition needs to come from spending real life money on AP is not the way to do this. Soon they will not even be able to make that "bottom line revenue" because the wallet warriors/in-game AP buyers/resellers will have no one left to play with/sell to and they game will die out.

They are going to have to change they way things are done if they want to attract and keep players that will be willing to spend some money or this game will not be able to finance the next 2 games they are working on. It almost seems like they are trying desperately to actually wring the last bit of money out of the players before the game closes of fades into oblivion.

But this is just my opinion, not a flame on your opinion so I don't expect a lecture back.  


My opinion is similar as written in these posts:

Rekikyo wrote:
They're still selling it. But there's talk through the grapevine that it's in AGE's best interest to also offer the in game content. There's a tough lesson being learned right now. They've been focused on revenue more than service until recently, but now they're realizing without good Service, you lose customers. I'm hoping that means they're willing to sacrifice a little profit for the greater good.  


Rekikyo wrote:
Increase staff. Employment costs are relatively low per person, and AGE is no longer a small company that can survive with a small payroll. It's a very large Service - centered business that needs people to run it. Service = confidence  


@ Shane: You are delusional. A true troll would know when 70 AP gear came out, I about quit wholesale. From 2008 to 2011, I didn't play ANY other game than Shaiya. In 2011 I Picked up Forsaken World because of 70 AP gear. In 2012 I bought Diablo III. In 2012 I beta tested Warren Story and Dragon Knights online. I am not biased toward my "GM buddies." I am sympathetic of their positions though, and I do understand as a professional that their word gets heard more than mine or yours or any player. So I will try my darndest to make Their word reflect OUR word. As for the rest of what you said, Half Truths? Do tell. Mathematical nonsense? My mathematical nonsense has been right so far about player sentiment, game balance, character builds, magic resist; There is not a single instance where my math has not been correct in Theory (Occasionally I've been guilty of forgetting a variable in my thesis, but someone always corrects those missing variables and helps me make a stronger case).

@yaynot: See the large and Bolded text. While you and several others have given up on trying to get heard, and would rather resort to trolling/attacking other players as a past time, I on the other hand believe that the worse things get, the MORE we need to converse with the people in charge. You can argue that we've given them volumes to work with, but the truth is 90% of what we post on forums is only filtered through one or two GM's, and most of that feedback is written so passionately that it cannot be used and is time consuming to deconstruct. Every GM has their own "focus." What I find more often than not is, GM's and PM's seem isolated in their jobs, and they are all specialized into doing a specific job. They only share information at meetings. In other words, they are compartmentalized.

The ONLY way I see of breaking this compartmentalization is to talk to them from a player and a business perspective; individually.

The phrase you pick on can be read two ways, depending on how it is emphasized. One is that you are passionate about creating a better product and work well with others. The other is that you believe you are part of some mafia, and like to throw your muscle around. I am the prior, not the latter.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8440
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedDec 30, 2012 5:45 pm
Killa_1112 wrote:
People QQ that 80 pvp is dying because people are unkillable.

The same people QQ when a potential solution arrives.

Go Figure.  


I think you're out of touch with 80.

80 pvp everyone dies now. Heals are still only 7-10k, yet hits are 12-18k, and HP is far too high to heal. Healers are very squishy to boot; most die 2-3 times as fast as Ep5.

The reason pvp is dying is because it's a game of cat and Mouse. If someone is dying they will find any way possible "not to die." For example, the scrolls mentioned in another thread; Mass Defender UT; Stay in town and wait for recharges; Sneak off and Invade Theo While pvp is in Panta/VR/KI. It's become Hit and Run.

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
Joined
03 Dec 2007
Posts
2831
Location
Croatia
PostedDec 30, 2012 5:53 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
People QQ that 80 pvp is dying because people are unkillable.

The same people QQ when a potential solution arrives.

Go Figure.  


I think you're out of touch with 80.

80 pvp everyone dies now. Heals are still only 7-10k, yet hits are 12-18k, and HP is far too high to heal. Healers are very squishy to boot; most die 2-3 times as fast as Ep5.

The reason pvp is dying is because it's a game of cat and Mouse. If someone is dying they will find any way possible "not to die." For example, the scrolls mentioned in another thread; Mass Defender UT; Stay in town and wait for recharges; Sneak off and Invade Theo While pvp is in Panta/VR/KI. It's become Hit and Run.  

He is talking abbout phoenix and on phoenix there was no GM enchants so highest possible enchant was like 8 not 20.This CAN fix it but only for huge spenders which is the oppostie of what phoenix was supposed to be.

Correct on heals part but on dmg part not, show me some1 who hit 12k-18k with IS?You cant even hit above 15k on ep5 geared toons w/o IS.Problem is that every1 links REC over LUC now cos of EB4 and the fact that luc became obsolete for most classes and because with IS they get even higher bonus
.

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
Joined
20 May 2010
Posts
336
Location
Beccles United Kingdom
PostedDec 30, 2012 6:03 pm
@ Rekikyo THANKYOU for making my last post so correct Laughing
As for 70 AP gear ??? wtf i dont recolect on talking about 70 AP gear in my last post.
As for not biased yes you are you said it yourself other people have read it you cant hide it.
As for saying your never wrong with your mathematical theories and then saying your guilty of missing a few things that other people have to contribute to strengthen you case THATS BEING WRONG YOU CRAZY PERSON

Im not actually trolling you, your silly enough to be trolling yourself by replying when im right.

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8440
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedDec 30, 2012 7:02 pm
shane247 wrote:
@ Rekikyo THANKYOU for making my last post so correct Laughing
As for 70 AP gear ??? wtf i dont recolect on talking about 70 AP gear in my last post.
As for not biased yes you are you said it yourself other people have read it you cant hide it.
As for saying your never wrong with your mathematical theories and then saying your guilty of missing a few things that other people have to contribute to strengthen you case THATS BEING WRONG YOU CRAZY PERSON

Im not actually trolling you, your silly enough to be trolling yourself by replying when im right.  


The bolded part is what makes you a bad troll.

You say I'm biased toward the game's management. I give you a confession that a change in the game's management direction (70 AP gear) almost made me quit, and you try to separate it out as an individual point, trying to not make it related in any way to the accusation I'm countering. That makes you a horrible troll.

I have never once said I am biased toward anyone. I am a neutral party that tries to work on objectives, rather than take sides.

Having someone contribute to your thesis which is then adopted and adapted is not being wrong. It's a sign of strength, and it has never really ever made me change my opinion or stance, except on Magic resist, in 1-2 posts (in the other 20 posts I've been defending the caster stance after a concession of arguing the wrong points).

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
Joined
20 May 2010
Posts
336
Location
Beccles United Kingdom
PostedDec 31, 2012 7:35 am
Your still wrong, please do reply with a great wall "o" text for your own self gratification, im glad im here for you Laughing
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: