shane247

Rank 1
shane247
PostedDec 30, 2012 5:43 am
Plapisia may have been something Nexon did BUT AGE controls the price of it, dont EVER forget that !!!!
So when AGE and its kiss butt followers say dont blame us its not our fault, think again !!!!
They can make all items in the item mall for 1 AP if they so wished, never gonna happen but its still a very good point to remember, Nexon didnt make shaiya as overpriced and wallet warrior as it is today AGE did, and dont forget that either !!!

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad
Advertisement

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedDec 30, 2012 8:28 am
Phoenix is a scam.
I think I used to spam that for a few weeks before..

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 30, 2012 9:03 am
shane247 wrote:
Plapisia may have been something Nexon did BUT AGE controls the price of it, dont EVER forget that !!!!
So when AGE and its kiss butt followers say dont blame us its not our fault, think again !!!!
They can make all items in the item mall for 1 AP if they so wished, never gonna happen but its still a very good point to remember, Nexon didnt make shaiya as overpriced and wallet warrior as it is today AGE did, and dont forget that either !!!  

Yes and no. A profit sharing agreement was working into the licensing contract AGE has with Nexon. AGE is expect to uphold its payment of that agreement to Nexon. Beyond that; Yes AGE could set its own prices.

But, without Shaiya's prices, AGE would not have Scarlet Blade or Dragon Knights Online. AGE's purchases this year outstrip their revenue by 12 million.

Shaiya IS an old game, and it IS in AGE's best interest to get new ones, and that money's got to come from somewhere.

I do agree that they would probably have multiples of new spenders if it cost $50-$100, but the bottom line is the total revenue has to be larger than AGE's costs.

Ldydrgn

Rank 2
Ldydrgn
PostedDec 30, 2012 9:22 am
Rekikyo wrote:
shane247 wrote:

Yes and no. A profit sharing agreement was working into the licensing contract AGE has with Nexon. AGE is expect to uphold its payment of that agreement to Nexon. Beyond that; Yes AGE could set its own prices.

But, without Shaiya's prices, AGE would not have Scarlet Blade or Dragon Knights Online. AGE's purchases this year outstrip their revenue by 12 million.

Shaiya IS an old game, and it IS in AGE's best interest to get new ones, and that money's got to come from somewhere.

I do agree that they would probably have multiples of new spenders if it cost $50-$100, but the bottom line is the total revenue has to be larger than AGE's costs.  

right, and the way to keep total revenue up is to discourage almost all new players from staying and to alienate any low AP spenders. smh

<br>Semi-Retired until some semblance of F2P is returned...

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:11 am
Ldydrgn wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
shane247 wrote:

right, and the way to keep total revenue up is to discourage almost all new players from staying and to alienate any low AP spenders. smh  

Be realistic. Most Disgruntled Shaiya players are Totally interested in DKO and SB atm. There's actually very few so angry as to cut ties with AGE altogether. They do attract good products.

You're also missing what I said in bold. If you reduce costs, but those buyers don't materialize, then Attracting new players and attracting low AP spenders didn't help anyone. It shrunk the value of the game instead, and also reduced AGE's interest in keeping the game current. They need proof we have those spenders and also need to reduce the reliance on GM services to be able to make those lower prices pheasible. (Imagine 4 times as many tickets for max OJ/Enchant/GM links caused by lower prices; current management cannot handle that).

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:30 am
Rekikyo wrote:
Ldydrgn wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
shane247 wrote:

Be realistic. Most Disgruntled Shaiya players are Totally interested in DKO and SB atm. There's actually very few so angry as to cut ties with AGE altogether. They do attract good products.

You're also missing what I said in bold. If you reduce costs, but those buyers don't materialize, then Attracting new players and attracting low AP spenders didn't help anyone. It shrunk the value of the game instead, and also reduced AGE's interest in keeping the game current. They need proof we have those spenders and also need to reduce the reliance on GM services to be able to make those lower prices pheasible. (Imagine 4 times as many tickets for max OJ/Enchant/GM links caused by lower prices; current management cannot handle that).  

That can be solved pretty easy.Outright sale of ALL perfect lapisias and no mboxes,make perfect lapisias tradable and instead of # put exact perfect lapisia in tier.(instead of Y put package off perfect lapisa lv 16 17 and 18 and etc)

Abbout GM Links-make it PLH+ lapis of choice like they started introducing it.

Abbout GM Extracts-Design perfect Extraction hammer.

So only tickets left would be those for gear of choice and max ojs.Im pretty sure they can handle those even in greater number.Most of my tickets are GM Extracts atm.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:50 am
DarkSakimaru wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Ldydrgn wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
shane247 wrote:

That can be solved pretty easy.Outright sale of ALL perfect lapisias and no mboxes,make perfect lapisias tradable and instead of # put exact perfect lapisia in tier.(instead of Y put package off perfect lapisa lv 16 17 and 18 and etc)

Abbout GM Links-make it PLH+ lapis of choice like they started introducing it.

Abbout GM Extracts-Design perfect Extraction hammer.

So only tickets left would be those for gear of choice and max ojs.Im pretty sure they can handle those even in greater number.Most of my tickets are GM Extracts atm.  

I'll be you there's far more max OJ tickets: 3 per armor, 2 per weapon, 2 per accessory, and then up to 16 Max OJ Doublers. That's 49 Max OJ services per person per toon.

Most players can get away with just Max Enchanting weapons, which given GM enchants only, takes 6 placeholders each, or 24 per person.

I do agree we've had some recent developments that would help GM service independence.

Ultimately though, we need the combination system patched in. Perfect Lapisia is only a bandaid to the fact free content was removed, and then sold as AP. The in game Combination system makes Double Reccing alot cheaper, it allows us to create Ele 2.5 on our own without GM service, and it allows us to create Lapisia and Swift. Imagine if Swift only cost 5 op each. It's also the single easiest solution to removing GM Services from the promo mix and allowing options to make the item mall cheaper.

Ldydrgn

Rank 2
Ldydrgn
PostedDec 30, 2012 12:28 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Ldydrgn wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
shane247 wrote:

I was referring to the red text, it was a sarcastic remark... IMO (and I have many years in retail management/customer service) is that to make that bottom line they are going to have to get new players to stay in the game. Advertising this game as F2P and then making sure drop rates are low and any competition needs to come from spending real life money on AP is not the way to do this. Soon they will not even be able to make that "bottom line revenue" because the wallet warriors/in-game AP buyers/resellers will have no one left to play with/sell to and they game will die out.

They are going to have to change they way things are done if they want to attract and keep players that will be willing to spend some money or this game will not be able to finance the next 2 games they are working on. It almost seems like they are trying desperately to actually wring the last bit of money out of the players before the game closes of fades into oblivion.

But this is just my opinion, not a flame on your opinion so I don't expect a lecture back.

<br>Semi-Retired until some semblance of F2P is returned...

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
PostedDec 30, 2012 2:13 pm
He is biased towards his GM buddies, he has to use his friendships with them to maximum effect so expect a usual great wall o text of hypocritcal nonsense, twisted half truths and mathematical ego tripping nonsense, its like a moth to a flame he just cant resist Rolling Eyes

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad

yaynot

Rank 2
yaynot
PostedDec 30, 2012 2:41 pm
yeah "And I certainly make an effort to use my friendships to their full advantage." rofl who even says that? (especially in a public place)

I agree, I don't think he can control himself.

But at least we can all rest easy that he's the smartest person here and is instrumental in how the game is managed. (He says he's more smart so of course I believe him.)

Chicken Little was right, you know.