Rank 4
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:41 pm
@ ur sig, i found 110k ap this month
Advertisement

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:48 pm
@ your reply, from the 100+ OPs from flash ring lvl 1?

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:51 pm
Alastoreo wrote:
@ your reply, from the 100+ OPs from flash ring lvl 1?  

450ops, and no i didnt need those OPs for my ap cards lol

Spooky999

Rank 2
Spooky999
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:54 pm
Give it 6months for you guys to catch up with OS and you will be merged

Aeria will deem that its not worth running a separate server for the low population density that phoenix has, especially with the mass exodus they have experienced on OS.

That server will inturn be passed over to run Scarlet Blade or possibly a Gamepot title

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
PostedDec 28, 2012 8:56 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
shane247 wrote:
He doesnt work with them anymore he has a korean name i cant pronounce or pretty much spell (yeah it seems conveniant) he had a youtube video that had english subtitles that was taken down some months back, i know there are some other shaiya account holders who have seen it too though, so hopefully they can verify it for me.
He hated the greediness of the game and how he created it to be a farmers paradise, pretty much a new world people can explore and make friends together fighting dark and light and difficult bosses.
Sadly Age has destroyed that dream and he is upset with all companies involved that made it that way, i assume he works for another gaming company now.
Thats pretty much what the video said in a roundabout way, it was a year or 2 old, more or less may have been said, maybe someone else who saw the vid can put more in as i only watched it out of curiosity.
With each game there is someone who dreamed it, a creator, we play there dreams, and they get pretty upset when they are manipulated.  

Well, it sounds like he would have supported most of the requests that we made to the developers. If he was still been with the company when we first got the game (~3 years into it) he could have supported our requests. It sounds like he may have been gone (or no longer in a position to help) by that time. If you can find the video, I would be interested in seeing it.  

I would too. Until then I have to think it was a hoax. I remember Ep3/4, and We had more bugs, and far more greed than now, believe it or not. Promos ran around Top Spender Privelages, and Crashes caused by their bugs were very Frequent, and usually lasted for days. The text translations were horrible, and hacking was so bad that someone actually programmed one that killed everyone on map one, regardless of range.

I will tell you this Shane. I have questioned more GM's than most on their position of the direction of the game, and I do so in a manner to get honest answers. Not a single one has ever slipped up and claimed blame for AGE. They tell me, "Tactics is on the phone every **** night with Nexon trying to work out this bull****" or that "It was a miracle that nexon even pulled off this patch in time." They all have a different opinion on certain implementations, but not a single one of them has ever blamed AGE for faulty game patching or blamed AGE for the lack of communication from Nexon.

If AGE truly was hiding something, I'd expect to hear or read some irregularity between them. Not once has this happened.

@ Subscription games: They pull a much smaller population than Free games do. I know WoW makes you think "exception," but in truth WoW is more popular on illegal servers than on the real Blizzard servers. Furthermore when it came out, it was the only thing like it on the market. Being a monopoly does wonders for marketing. Blizzard's other subscription games however, are only a fraction of the population of Shaiya.

@ 60 Borderland: There is not a single option for a 60 borderland that does not deprive end game players of a dungeon for end game pvp/farming. I could see them making 2 different Jungle portals (like they did with AR) and making one of them 31-60, But Raigo for example would be out of the question

@ Phoenix and its goals:

-Phoenix was a combination of player complaints

1. Retaining farmer value (it technically has.... )
2. A reduction in the influence of the item mall (It has, but at the cost of being pricier, and player population)

It was NEVER designed for Ep4. It was NEVER designed to be cheap or affordable.  

Its quite worrying that a general player like myself and every other player can have such conversations with GM's over such matters, i heard that you have asked GM's wether certain items are in peoples accounts and even got a positive reply telling you it wasnt in there account and not to worry, this behaviour is quite worrying considering you are not an employee of AGE and do not work on Shaiya, if the PM/GM teams are so good then why would they need to confer with you over such matters ?? most mathematical equations you come out with on these forums are pure hyperthetical nonsense based purely on your own base figures and not ones based on coded maths from within the game of which you cannot see unless you hacked the codes to see them or are a Dev at Nexon, complete assumptions, even the PM's Gm's have at times even interupted your posts to tell you this themselves i wonder what you say to my accusations you may think your smarter and 1 step ahead of everyone else on the forums, but remember, reap what you sow.

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad

styfz

Rank 1
styfz
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:32 pm
guys, like, u QQ but you don't really know what you QQ'ing about.

1- cpl of threads of unkillable ppl in PX 80 pvp, there's your solution, if u dont agree skip to nº 2

2- perfect lapisia is NOT a GM service, if you still think it is skip to nº 3

3-perfect lapisia is part of the combination system, but like swift, ele 2.5's, and double recs in OS it was defaced to suit AGE financial needs. you guys in PX have known you'd get combo system for what now?? 6-7 months. Did you really think you'd get all the combo system for free?

and a major lawl at all those stating that PX was meant to be a pre-ep4 server. only place that's possible is in random crappy PS where the GM is lazy and doesnt update it..

Levytian

Rank 0
PostedDec 29, 2012 11:24 am
kikix12 wrote:

It is not a matter of being unable to afford stuff at the beginning. Anything that would be reasonable for a new player, would be change money for a veteran. The games economy is so messed up that there is no "middle grounds" that would be achievable by free players before they would get better gears to sell, while still being a cost that older players need to consider.

The difference between the old and new player is simply way too big. Even on Phoenix.  

This goes back to the Economy issue. It is possible to fix it, only the GMs might not have adequate resources/knowledge/funds/desire to fully fix this. However, if some things would be changed to transpose this FTP game into a PTP game, then some economy changes can be made as well and have a more stable and smooth economy. After all, it would be very irrational/illogical to take an already existing server and add the FTP to PTP changes to it. Being forced to make a new server(or at least reset an existing one) for this change would also make it that much more easier to stabilize the economy from the begining.

kikix12 wrote:

GM services would not have such effect. They would have large costs (GM's working time, that could not even be measured with varying amount of players and "pure luck"). At the same time, absolutely no one would care whether they are there or not, when deciding on whether to join the server or not.  

GM services can be changed/limited or even eliminated by making them doable by the player themselves (PLapisia for example). Yes this requires a lot of extra work and changes to the game itself but that would help eliminate the need for GMs working on tickets.

How many people join the game and give it a try all depends on advertisement. How it is presented and what is emphasized or left out is a big part of effective advertisement. If you present the GM service right, people wouls care about it.

kikix12 wrote:

Furthermore, if they would be there, players would max their gears earlier. And that means they could have their share of fun earlier. That means they would stop playing sooner. And that means...less months worth of subscription being paid. It would be simply counterproductive to intervene like that.  

That's why you have to be smart about availability. You do not make "special" services or gear upgrades so easily available. Figure out other methods of providing them to the customers other then just simple drop tables.

In the end I know Shaiya will never be a Pay-to-Play game, but it will remain a Free-to-Play game with an undoubtable Pay-to-Win reality.

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
PostedDec 29, 2012 12:02 pm
Rekikyo wrote:

I will tell you this Shane. I have questioned more GM's than most on their position of the direction of the game, and I do so in a manner to get honest answers. Not a single one has ever slipped up and claimed blame for AGE. They tell me, "Tactics is on the phone every **** night with Nexon trying to work out this bull****" or that "It was a miracle that nexon even pulled off this patch in time." They all have a different opinion on certain implementations, but not a single one of them has ever blamed AGE for faulty game patching or blamed AGE for the lack of communication from Nexon.

If AGE truly was hiding something, I'd expect to hear or read some irregularity between them. Not once has this happened.  

I think AGE gets blamed for all the issues most of the time not because they are to blame, but because they are the ones that most players are in direct contact with and the game and its content is funneled through their hands. People like to blame and take out their frustration on someone, and that someone constantly happens to be AGE. AGE is however responsible for the marketing aspect of the game.

Rekikyo wrote:

@ 60 Borderland: There is not a single option for a 60 borderland that does not deprive end game players of a dungeon for end game pvp/farming. I could see them making 2 different Jungle portals (like they did with AR) and making one of them 31-60, But Raigo for example would be out of the question

DD2 has no boss and the lapis that drop there can be bought for real cheap on the AH boards. The drops can also be changed to drop in DD1 if that becomes an issue.

Any other borderland which does not have a signifnificant boss or drops has the potential to be capped at lvl 60 and used for Goddess PvP. Changing the drop tables isn't any harder then capping off a map at a certain lvl.

Speakin of Goddess PvP, has there ever been a GM response as to what to expect? Will there ever be Goddess PvP again? Is that even being discussed? Have they tried requesting that change from Nexon?

Is it to hard to give a response? Even if this request was rejected by Nexon, there is no shame in admiting this rejection. If the issue was not brought up yet, is it to hard to say, "we've been busy with the EP6 introduction and the issues it brought along with the much desired Holiday content"? Even a simple "After carefully consideration, we have decided it is not in Shaiya's/AGE's best inerest to re-introduce Goddess PvP"

This is the type of thing that AGE can keep hidden from its customers. Goddess PvP might not have much importance to you Rekikyo but it does to other players.

Rekikyo wrote:

@ Phoenix and its goals:

-Phoenix was a combination of player complaints

1. Retaining farmer value (it technically has.... )
2. A reduction in the influence of the item mall (It has, but at the cost of being pricier, and player population)

It was NEVER designed for Ep4. It was NEVER designed to be cheap or affordable.  

It was not designed to be Ep4, but it was desined to be LIKE a server prior to Ep4. Or else they would not have gone through the trouble to re-assign prices in the Web Mall to match those of EP4 and create other limitations that wer not available prior to EP4.

tactics wrote:

No ability to do GM Commands prior to episode 4 (Double-kill bonus, Enchant bonus, Linking bonus) but we can do pre-ep4 commands such as EXP bonus events  

Taken from his post here:

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1586239

I believe it was also tactics himself who said the prices for Phoenix in the Web mall are higher on some items because that was the price prior to Ep4. Also, Item mall prices are set extremely high because it is not to be used, reason being that there was no item mall prior to EP4.

Love what you do and do what you love.

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
PostedDec 29, 2012 12:14 pm
styfz wrote:
guys, like, u QQ but you don't really know what you QQ'ing about.

1- cpl of threads of unkillable ppl in PX 80 pvp, there's your solution, if u dont agree skip to nº 2

So the solution to this issue is to break their promise to the Phoenix Shaiya community?

styfz wrote:

2- perfect lapisia is NOT a GM service, if you still think it is skip to nº 3  

It is not a GM service, but it is meant to replace a GM service. Just like PLH is supposed to replace a GM service. The PLH does not allow you to illegaly link lapis at the same time giving you 100% linking chance. That is what the GM service used to provide. Hence, the limitations of the GM service are then carried on into the replacement for that service.

styfz wrote:

3-perfect lapisia is part of the combination system, but like swift, ele 2.5's, and double recs in OS it was defaced to suit AGE financial needs. you guys in PX have known you'd get combo system for what now?? 6-7 months. Did you really think you'd get all the combo system for free?  

If in fact it is part of the Combination system, then it can be withheld just like other aspects of the combination system were withheld, ie the Double Rec Runes.

styfz wrote:

and a major lawl at all those stating that PX was meant to be a pre-ep4 server. only place that's possible is in random crappy PS where the GM is lazy and doesnt update it..  

If you would do your research before trolling other people's posts, you would find out that Phoenix was meant to be LIKE a pre-ep4 server, not an actual pre-ep4 server. We are already aware that it is not posible to bring back an actual pre-ep4 server.

Love what you do and do what you love.

styfz

Rank 1
styfz
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:17 pm
ToBeFeared wrote:
If you would do your research before trolling other people's posts, you would find out that Phoenix was meant to be LIKE a pre-ep4 server, not an actual pre-ep4 server. We are already aware that it is not posible to bring back an actual pre-ep4 server.  

dude, if that's your idea of trolling you're too sensitive, really, chill out, I merely stated facts, or are you one of those that think everything that's not a solution or a "oh, I'm so sorry for you" is trolling? I think you need a reality check asap..

trust me, no further research is needed, I was on PX on day one, read everything about it, and bailed back to OS on day 6 or 7.
why?? years of dealing with AGE have taught me some stuff, and while most ppl around are in a perpetual denial state, there are some trends and patterns that are undeniable

you call PX a "pre-ep4 like server (actually more like pre-ep5, since pre-ep4 there were no enchants or OJ's), I call it a "GM services free server", cuz things won't ever be like they were 4/5 years ago.

now, everyone knew way before PX opened that GM services were due to be replaced by quicker solutions, the placeholder system consumes too much time both for players and AGE. first sign of it was, like you said, PLH, before PX opened.
now, with PX being a "GM service free server", what will happen when all GM services are replaced by player services?? simple, PX becomes another OS.

everyone knew the odd-situation in PX was temporary and in time it would become just another regular shaiya server, there were many discussions back then about it, everyone came to the same conclusion, if you believed otherwise, well, AGE ensnared you and you fell for it, and for that I'm sorry (see, I said I'm sorry, no trolling now)