Author Message

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12163
Location
San Jose United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 5:37 pm
shane247 wrote:
Actually the original creator of the game HATES what AGE has done to it he designed it to be equality based, it was companies like AGE that destroyed the game to what it is today.
 


???

I always wonder about posts like this.

Advertisement

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
Joined
17 May 2008
Posts
8331
Location
Whitstable United Kingdom
PostedDec 28, 2012 5:52 pm
shane247 wrote:
Actually the original creator of the game HATES what AGE has done to it he designed it to be equality based, it was companies like AGE that destroyed the game to what it is today.

If it was P2P then the item mall would stay and be free, not taken away.  


the devs coded a lot of crap that clearly aren't equality based, atk speed and movement speed increases just for beginnings, (maybe they wanted equality between F2P and Paying playrs), but they certainly didn't want equality in the actual gameplay of the game.

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
Joined
20 May 2010
Posts
336
Location
Beccles United Kingdom
PostedDec 28, 2012 5:57 pm
Superman0X wrote:
shane247 wrote:
Actually the original creator of the game HATES what AGE has done to it he designed it to be equality based, it was companies like AGE that destroyed the game to what it is today.
 


???

I always wonder about posts like this.  


I often wonder about your posts, and so do many others, dont throw stones at glasshouses if you live in one GMSuperman you may be able to delete adjust threads but dont let it go to your head.
Also the original creator (there actually is one) is noted to say he hates what has happened to the game he created.
Since your so great find it yourself and enlighten yourself maybe you will stop trolling posts. Because last time you tried to ridicule and troll me you didnt come off to well.

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12163
Location
San Jose United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 6:09 pm
shane247 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
shane247 wrote:
Actually the original creator of the game HATES what AGE has done to it he designed it to be equality based, it was companies like AGE that destroyed the game to what it is today.
 


???

I always wonder about posts like this.  


I often wonder about your posts, and so do many others, dont throw stones at glasshouses if you live in one GMSuperman you may be able to delete adjust threads but dont let it go to your head.
Also the original creator (there actually is one) is noted to say he hates what has happened to the game he created.
Since your so great find it yourself and enlighten yourself maybe you will stop trolling posts. Because last time you tried to ridicule and troll me you didnt come off to well.  


We have only ever worked with the developers of the game. They have provided the content and done all of the coding for the game. We have presented the feedback of our players, and made requests for changes to the game... the vast majority of which were denied.

I have no idea why the creator of the game (assuming it is not SonoV/Choi Rock) would unhappy with AGE about the game, as we cant affect it directly. Sure, they might not be happy with our marketing, sales, or even customer support... but it is hard to understand how they would be unhappy with the game itself... or why no one from the company(s) involved would ever bring it up.

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
Joined
20 May 2010
Posts
336
Location
Beccles United Kingdom
PostedDec 28, 2012 6:24 pm
He doesnt work with them anymore he has a korean name i cant pronounce or pretty much spell (yeah it seems conveniant) he had a youtube video that had english subtitles that was taken down some months back, i know there are some other shaiya account holders who have seen it too though, so hopefully they can verify it for me.
He hated the greediness of the game and how he created it to be a farmers paradise, pretty much a new world people can explore and make friends together fighting dark and light and difficult bosses.
Sadly Age has destroyed that dream and he is upset with all companies involved that made it that way, i assume he works for another gaming company now.
Thats pretty much what the video said in a roundabout way, it was a year or 2 old, more or less may have been said, maybe someone else who saw the vid can put more in as i only watched it out of curiosity.
With each game there is someone who dreamed it, a creator, we play there dreams, and they get pretty upset when they are manipulated.

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12163
Location
San Jose United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 6:28 pm
shane247 wrote:
He doesnt work with them anymore he has a korean name i cant pronounce or pretty much spell (yeah it seems conveniant) he had a youtube video that had english subtitles that was taken down some months back, i know there are some other shaiya account holders who have seen it too though, so hopefully they can verify it for me.
He hated the greediness of the game and how he created it to be a farmers paradise, pretty much a new world people can explore and make friends together fighting dark and light and difficult bosses.
Sadly Age has destroyed that dream and he is upset with all companies involved that made it that way, i assume he works for another gaming company now.
Thats pretty much what the video said in a roundabout way, it was a year or 2 old, more or less may have been said, maybe someone else who saw the vid can put more in as i only watched it out of curiosity.
With each game there is someone who dreamed it, a creator, we play there dreams, and they get pretty upset when they are manipulated.  


Well, it sounds like he would have supported most of the requests that we made to the developers. If he was still been with the company when we first got the game (~3 years into it) he could have supported our requests. It sounds like he may have been gone (or no longer in a position to help) by that time. If you can find the video, I would be interested in seeing it.

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
Joined
24 Feb 2008
Posts
6176
Location
Spain
PostedDec 28, 2012 6:54 pm
shane247 wrote:
Actually the original creator of the game HATES what AGE has done to it he designed it to be equality based, it was companies like AGE that destroyed the game to what it is today.  
I don't know how you, but I remember the game from about half a year after its release here on Aeria. It seemed more balanced to me then, but it was far from actually balanced.

The casters casting time was always a big hit. It would be understandable, if these spells would have an attack boost that would explain it. Mages skill list was artificially shortened because some skills were simply inefficient.

The difference between resistance and defense mechanics, as well as lapis availability. These both favor physical classes and that is undeniable. Neither of which changed at all over these past years.

As JamesGodden said, attack and movement speed was outright screwed from the get-go. Ranger/assassin always had a way to get to max attack speed with their self-buff on UM (which was short with a long recharge). If I recall, fighter/warrior (whose weapons always had a lot more attack) could achieve that max-attack speed with a self-buff that was HM+ and I believe was both on a shorter recharge and working for longer?! Not sure now.

Rangers/assassins skills always had ridiculous SP cost. Moreover, they have the skill-chain system. Both would be fine, if the skills were up to par. A heavily drawbacked skill like that should be a LOT more powerful. Instead, Slasher was inferior to Deadly Strike and the archers/hunters equivalent all the way till the latter was made two-hit (and had a lot longer recharge!). After that, no sure. There were attack-bonus differences.

Fighters ultimate skill was barely weaker than assassins/rangers. But it was AoE. The only real drawback that Regina Power (whatever it is called now) had towards Syyneric Touch was the recharge time I believe.

There are many more things that were broken from the very start. I won't even bother listing them, as this is not exactly the place. I'll just say this.

A poor-made fighter/warrior/defender/guardian on NM could easily level to unlock HM. A poor made archer/hunter/mage/pagan/ranger/assassin was nightmare to level to that point.

Either way, both the developers and publishers brought the game to what it is now. Neither side is better or worse than the other and both did it as business, to earn money.

shane247 wrote:
If it was P2P then the item mall would stay and be free, not taken away.  
And...what makes you think that something as ridiculous as this would be true?!

Item Mall was developed to give players advantages that are NOT accessible in game, in order to make them pay money for a game that they can play for free. If the game is no longer played for free, there is absolutely no reason to leave the Item Mall in. And making all of those things for free?! That would be hardly different from some of those crappier private servers. Minus changes in drop and experience tables.

Especially since Item Mall is managed by a different server, if I understand how things work well enough. And that means utterly pointless costs that no company would invest in, especially when they would make the game even worse.

ToBeFeared wrote:
I do not see this as an issue. As a new player, it is expected that you do not have as much experience and wealth as an older player. Just as current shaiya, experienced and wealth is accumulated over time.  
There is an issue.

It is not a matter of being unable to afford stuff at the beginning. Anything that would be reasonable for a new player, would be change money for a veteran. The games economy is so messed up that there is no "middle grounds" that would be achievable by free players before they would get better gears to sell, while still being a cost that older players need to consider.

The difference between the old and new player is simply way too big. Even on Phoenix.

ToBeFeared wrote:
You do not join certain clubs and pay a monthly subscription only to have to pay for each independent club service. The price for the services is assumed in the monthly subscription.  
Yes. But clubs have only those features that make sense. They are attractive to members, draw them in and help keep them there. That way, they are bringing money.

GM services would not have such effect. They would have large costs (GM's working time, that could not even be measured with varying amount of players and "pure luck"). At the same time, absolutely no one would care whether they are there or not, when deciding on whether to join the server or not.
Furthermore, if they would be there, players would max their gears earlier. And that means they could have their share of fun earlier. That means they would stop playing sooner. And that means...less months worth of subscription being paid. It would be simply counterproductive to intervene like that.

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
Joined
20 May 2010
Posts
336
Location
Beccles United Kingdom
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:04 pm
Its not ridiculous many other places have done it, your wall o texts are getting quite long to be honest.

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8446
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:15 pm
Superman0X wrote:
shane247 wrote:
He doesnt work with them anymore he has a korean name i cant pronounce or pretty much spell (yeah it seems conveniant) he had a youtube video that had english subtitles that was taken down some months back, i know there are some other shaiya account holders who have seen it too though, so hopefully they can verify it for me.
He hated the greediness of the game and how he created it to be a farmers paradise, pretty much a new world people can explore and make friends together fighting dark and light and difficult bosses.
Sadly Age has destroyed that dream and he is upset with all companies involved that made it that way, i assume he works for another gaming company now.
Thats pretty much what the video said in a roundabout way, it was a year or 2 old, more or less may have been said, maybe someone else who saw the vid can put more in as i only watched it out of curiosity.
With each game there is someone who dreamed it, a creator, we play there dreams, and they get pretty upset when they are manipulated.  


Well, it sounds like he would have supported most of the requests that we made to the developers. If he was still been with the company when we first got the game (~3 years into it) he could have supported our requests. It sounds like he may have been gone (or no longer in a position to help) by that time. If you can find the video, I would be interested in seeing it.  


I would too. Until then I have to think it was a hoax. I remember Ep3/4, and We had more bugs, and far more greed than now, believe it or not. Promos ran around Top Spender Privelages, and Crashes caused by their bugs were very Frequent, and usually lasted for days. The text translations were horrible, and hacking was so bad that someone actually programmed one that killed everyone on map one, regardless of range.

I will tell you this Shane. I have questioned more GM's than most on their position of the direction of the game, and I do so in a manner to get honest answers. Not a single one has ever slipped up and claimed blame for AGE. They tell me, "Tactics is on the phone every **** night with Nexon trying to work out this bull****" or that "It was a miracle that nexon even pulled off this patch in time." They all have a different opinion on certain implementations, but not a single one of them has ever blamed AGE for faulty game patching or blamed AGE for the lack of communication from Nexon.

If AGE truly was hiding something, I'd expect to hear or read some irregularity between them. Not once has this happened.

@ Subscription games: They pull a much smaller population than Free games do. I know WoW makes you think "exception," but in truth WoW is more popular on illegal servers than on the real Blizzard servers. Furthermore when it came out, it was the only thing like it on the market. Being a monopoly does wonders for marketing. Blizzard's other subscription games however, are only a fraction of the population of Shaiya.

@ 60 Borderland: There is not a single option for a 60 borderland that does not deprive end game players of a dungeon for end game pvp/farming. I could see them making 2 different Jungle portals (like they did with AR) and making one of them 31-60, But Raigo for example would be out of the question

@ Phoenix and its goals:

-Phoenix was a combination of player complaints

1. Retaining farmer value (it technically has.... )
2. A reduction in the influence of the item mall (It has, but at the cost of being pricier, and player population)


It was NEVER designed for Ep4. It was NEVER designed to be cheap or affordable.

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
Joined
13 Dec 2010
Posts
3783
Location
Singapore
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:19 pm
p2p will never work for a game like Shaiya. Majority of the current players are farmville type lazy/have no time after discovering real life and spending to be uber is the ultimate appeal for those who are willing to part with their cash.

Players either spend for status symbol (costumes, mounts, 3x max OJ), or to PK with ease (uber gear with AP). MMOs like Shaiya usually leverage on negative emotions to make players spend. Players who are happy might spend but players who are easily agitated/want to one-up the other would spend even more. Go back and think about what pushed you to spending $400/month. Look at the majority of the EoM spenders and their personalities, there is a psyche paper in there somewhere.

p2p format exists for one main toon per account on OS, it is called rebates. With that you can go through most pve content except the end game raid boss stuff. Need lots of etains for those.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: