ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedDec 28, 2012 12:29 pm
shane247 wrote:
Just make PX server 10 a month and item mall is free and everything drops in game at a very reasonable rate see how well it does, i think that the pvp there would be uber.  

Would be a very good experiment for AGE to try out, however, I highly doubt this would ever be done.

Also, Shaiya EN deals with dollars $. And even if it was more like $20, $30, or even $40 a month, if it ensures equality, I'm more then willing to give it a go. As long as the only charge will be the monthly subscription fee, this server would be extremely successful.

The GM services would be extremely rare place holder items dropped in game from random mobs/bosses.

This server would be what Shaiya has been all along Pay-to-Play. I would rather have a concrete Pay-to-Play game then a Pay to Win game. That is why WoW has been so successfull and is still very popular to this day.

Only issue is that Phoenix would need a complete reset if it is to be used as the Pay-to-Play server, or making another server. People have already invested too much into Phoenix though so best option is make a new server.

Love what you do and do what you love.
Advertisement

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedDec 28, 2012 1:30 pm
ToBeFeared wrote:
Would be a very good experiment for AGE to try out, however, I highly doubt this would ever be done.  
Many companies change from P2P to F2P type of game, simply because it is far easier to earn a nice buck. Shaiya is a perfect proof of that. Even being screwed up beyond repair, it still gets Aeria profit.

On the other hand, P2P games need to be fine-tuned, both balance-wise, as well as stable.
If you have to pay every month and even though you do, you have no advantage...you are far less likely to stick to a mediocre game.

ToBeFeared wrote:
As long as the only charge will be the monthly subscription fee, this server would be extremely successful.  
That's not exactly true. As a monthly subscription fee without item mall, Shaiya will fail.
Continuous resurrection runes, prevent item/experience/endurance drops, movement and summon runes, all potions, lapisia, recreation runes, linking hammers, lucky charms. All of these things would have to be farmed (or bought from NPC, whichever would be the choice). You could say that it is better (and it certainly is for a low/no spender), but for a player that would spend money anyway, it is inferior. It takes a lot of time to farm reasonable amounts of these. Over time, the large amounts of items and gold hoarded now would disappear, too.

Besides, if these items would be sold by NPC's, then they would either be unavailable to newer players due to ridiculous price (a terrible outcome), or completely negligible in price for the older players (a better outcome, but could really scare new players off).

The good points?! Nos would either not be in the game at all, or it would be widely available to everyone. Maybe, enchanting would be reasonably available to all. That's all.

ToBeFeared wrote:
The GM services would be extremely rare place holder items dropped in game from random mobs/bosses.  
There would be no GM service. It would be far too costly, for absolutely no income at all. I mean, why would they put their GM's to work on something that is absolutely free?! In a game that already earns less?!

ToBeFeared wrote:
That is why WoW has been so successfull and is still very popular to this day.  
WoW has and is popular for entirely different reasons.

1) It was made with American/European players mentality in mind. Unlike Shaiya and other Asian MMO's. This is probably the exact same reason why World of Tanks is also popular.
2) It was made with P2P mode. That means that it was balanced based on equality. And no matter how good or bad company Blizzard is, they DO have a certain amount of reputation...and a heck of a lot of people with huge experience in development. That gave them an edge when it comes to making games more balanced, with less bugs.
3) From what I see, Blizzard puts a lot of effort and money to keep the game secure. With the game needing to be bought, and connected to a specific account, it also makes it easier to keep that security.

Shaiya have neither of these things. Aeria will not be able to keep the servers nearly as secure. The game was made as Asian grinder, requiring a LOT of work for reasonably low return. The game is bug-riddled. The game is terribly balanced, since it was made to give a huge edge to the paying customers, being completely ignorant of the in-game balance (even between the classes). If some characters are better or worse, they can always say "That guy did spend more money, pay and you'll be as good or better than him.".
And that is how the new player will see it too. "I was one-hitted, that guy is just a huge spender." Not many new people will blame the games mechanics themselves.

All in all, Shaiya is successful because it is a F2P with Item Mall. It would probably already be dead if it would start like this, as a P2P game. And to change it into a P2P game now, the amount of changes that would be required makes it easier to just...make a whole new game from scratch.

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
PostedDec 28, 2012 2:13 pm
Actually the original creator of the game HATES what AGE has done to it he designed it to be equality based, it was companies like AGE that destroyed the game to what it is today.

If it was P2P then the item mall would stay and be free, not taken away.

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedDec 28, 2012 2:19 pm
kikix12 wrote:

Besides, if these items would be sold by NPC's, then they would either be unavailable to newer players due to ridiculous price (a terrible outcome), or completely negligible in price for the older players (a better outcome, but could really scare new players off).  

I do not see this as an issue. As a new player, it is expected that you do not have as much experience and wealth as an older player. Just as current shaiya, experienced and wealth is accumulated over time.

kikix12 wrote:

There would be no GM service. It would be far too costly, for absolutely no income at all. I mean, why would they put their GM's to work on something that is absolutely free?! In a game that already earns less?!  
The GM services themselves wouldn't be what generates the revenue, it would be the monthly fee. And depending how much that monthly fee is, that's how much revenue is made. You do not join certain clubs and pay a monthly subscription only to have to pay for each independent club service. The price for the services is assumed in the monthly subscription. Of course with AGE's lacking a reputation and not having much popularity, it would be hard to convince enough people to pay for a Game published by a company barely anyone knows in order to make enough profit to be successful.

I guess why bother worrying about making it equal for everyone and make it enjoyable for everyone paying a monthly fee? Let the size of the players wallets decide who enjoys the game more.

kikix12 wrote:

If some characters are better or worse, they can always say "That guy did spend more money, pay and you'll be as good or better than him.".
And that is how the new player will see it too. "I was one-hitted, that guy is just a huge spender." Not many new people will blame the games mechanics themselves.

Yes this did bite me in the a$$. I only found out the true nature of the balance between classes after I maxed out my gear and still came short when it came to other classes. But now that so many have spoken out against the balance between classes, it shouldn't be so easy anymore to conceal the true nature of the class balance.

shane247 wrote:

If it was P2P then the item mall would stay and be free, not taken away.  

What some games do is provide an in game exchange system which allows people to exchange in game currency to a form of "AP" or other game points normally attained through real money.

Or like kikix mentioned, make the items in the item mall attainable in the game from an NPC or drops.

Love what you do and do what you love.

davedave7

Rank 2
PostedDec 28, 2012 2:25 pm
@@ $$$ @@

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedDec 28, 2012 3:55 pm
LOL at AGE and all the ppl that went PX server, PX server now = OS server basically

Eaton08

Rank 1
Eaton08
PostedDec 28, 2012 3:59 pm
bjw123456789 wrote:
LOL at AGE and all the ppl that went PX server, PX server now = OS server basically  

It's evolving, it's not even in it's final form yet. It's just a matter of time, so let's wait o.o

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedDec 28, 2012 4:03 pm
Eaton08 wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:

It's evolving, it's not even in it's final form yet. It's just a matter of time, so let's wait o.o  

its evolving into OS server, lil by lil it will b jus like OS

Eaton08

Rank 1
Eaton08
PostedDec 28, 2012 4:04 pm
bjw123456789 wrote:
Eaton08 wrote:
bjw123456789 wrote:

its evolving into OS server, lil by lil it will b jus like OS  

Yeah, unfortunately :/ Guess I'll just try and level ahead or get something to get me a hard start on the OS + PX merge XD

13-13

Rank 1
13-13
Anywere you want me to be, the Netherlands
PostedDec 28, 2012 5:13 pm
pask81 wrote:
yeah, it is good for high lv pvp, but it is not for low lv one Sad  

...this is phoenix, have u looked at the list who is 80?