Author Message

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
Joined
28 Apr 2010
Posts
1860
Location
near the United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:31 am
Eaton08 wrote:
sexymarcus69 wrote:
but now with phx being able to enchant to [20] on their own and [17] in lower zones without GM enchant services...they can put a "link portal" into phx (not merged with os) and poof ....we all have goddess back lol! its their master plan to bring back goddess O.O  


I could perhaps find some forgiveness if that was the case. But is there really any chance that will happen? *shakes head*  


Designating a Borderland map for strictly max lvl 60 players is not that hard at all. They already had to deal with the issue of making a lvl cap work when Goddess was still around. All they have to do is copy and paste that code into another map and make some minor adjustments. The issue with Goddess PvP not being back yet lies elsewhere.

pask81 wrote:
While I see your frustration, this can be a solution for the non killable problem at higher lv http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=14949413#row1  


That is the only issue that this might resolve. However, it only proves how untrustworthy, greedy, predictable, and unreliable AGE is. In spite of the "Unkillable" people, Phoenix was supposed to resemble a server pre-EP4. AGE even went as far as making a separate Webmall with AP prices which resemble Pre-EP4 and also taking out a few items that were not available pre-EP4.

AGE lacks the ability say something and abide by it all the way through. That's why it is so unreliable and untrustworthy.

I would rather have a few unkillable people running around and a trustworthy and reliable AGE than have the AGE we have today. Yes I realize that EP5 and EP6 gears were not available back then, but that was something they should have thought about before they made false promises.

Love what you do and do what you love.
Advertisement

Eaton08

Rank 1
Eaton08
Joined
12 Jun 2008
Posts
319
Location
United Kingdom
PostedDec 28, 2012 8:35 am
ToBeFeared wrote:
Eaton08 wrote:
sexymarcus69 wrote:
but now with phx being able to enchant to [20] on their own and [17] in lower zones without GM enchant services...they can put a "link portal" into phx (not merged with os) and poof ....we all have goddess back lol! its their master plan to bring back goddess O.O  


I could perhaps find some forgiveness if that was the case. But is there really any chance that will happen? *shakes head*  


Designating a Borderland map for strictly max lvl 60 players is not that hard at all. They already had to deal with the issue of making a lvl cap work when Goddess was still around. All they have to do is copy and paste that code into another map and make some minor adjustments. The issue with Goddess PvP not being back yet lies elsewhere.
 


Oh yeah I know i's possible and such, but aeria me than likely won't do it out of choice will they?

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
Joined
28 Apr 2010
Posts
1860
Location
near the United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:15 am
Eaton08 wrote:
ToBeFeared wrote:
Eaton08 wrote:
sexymarcus69 wrote:
but now with phx being able to enchant to [20] on their own and [17] in lower zones without GM enchant services...they can put a "link portal" into phx (not merged with os) and poof ....we all have goddess back lol! its their master plan to bring back goddess O.O  


I could perhaps find some forgiveness if that was the case. But is there really any chance that will happen? *shakes head*  


Designating a Borderland map for strictly max lvl 60 players is not that hard at all. They already had to deal with the issue of making a lvl cap work when Goddess was still around. All they have to do is copy and paste that code into another map and make some minor adjustments. The issue with Goddess PvP not being back yet lies elsewhere.
 


Oh yeah I know i's possible and such, but aeria me than likely won't do it out of choice will they?  


The people that would participate in Goddess PvP more than likely already have their gear set the way they want it. Putting extra effort in getting Goddess PvP to work again gives AGE very little to no revenue. So why alocate resources to an area which does not provide profit? Customer satisfaction? That's a big joke. Rolling Eyes

Love what you do and do what you love.

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
Joined
13 Dec 2010
Posts
3698
Location
Singapore
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:25 am
The idea behind Phoenix was because the enchants required were all traded via OPs and new FTP players cannot compete with older players with in game wealth to buy OPs to purchase even the most basic enchant levels. The means to convert in game farming/time into purchasing power was simply not there.

So now they introduce an enchant system that is non-tradable that make free players even more helpless and to enchant have to be at the mercy of trustworthy AP users. (note not buyers Wink) Power to the grinder in phoenix yo! Well at least they can still sell lvl 7 lapis. On OS there is almost nothing to sell.

/facepalm

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
Joined
28 Apr 2010
Posts
1860
Location
near the United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:36 am
Alastoreo wrote:
The idea behind Phoenix was because the enchants required were all traded via OPs and new FTP players cannot compete with older players with in game wealth to buy OPs to purchase even the most basic enchant levels. The means to convert in game farming/time into purchasing power was simply not there.

So now they introduce an enchant system that is non-tradable that make free players even more helpless and to enchant have to be at the mercy of trustworthy AP users. (note not buyers Wink) Power to the grinder in phoenix yo! Well at least they can still sell lvl 7 lapis. On OS there is almost nothing to sell.

/facepalm  


Phoenix was introduced for two main reasons.

1. To give people the much desired and requested pre-EP4 server, or at least a close resemblance of it.

2. To give new players a much more even playing field in which they have a chance at competing even with old and experienced players. Hence everyone starts with a clean slate and high spenders cannot advance ahead of non-spenders at such a fast rate.

Love what you do and do what you love.

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
Joined
03 Dec 2007
Posts
2825
Location
Croatia
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:49 am
ToBeFeared wrote:
Alastoreo wrote:
The idea behind Phoenix was because the enchants required were all traded via OPs and new FTP players cannot compete with older players with in game wealth to buy OPs to purchase even the most basic enchant levels. The means to convert in game farming/time into purchasing power was simply not there.

So now they introduce an enchant system that is non-tradable that make free players even more helpless and to enchant have to be at the mercy of trustworthy AP users. (note not buyers Wink) Power to the grinder in phoenix yo! Well at least they can still sell lvl 7 lapis. On OS there is almost nothing to sell.

/facepalm  


Phoenix was introduced for two main reasons.

1. To give people the much desired and requested pre-EP4 server, or at least a close resemblance of it.

2. To give new players a much more even playing field in which they have a chance at competing even with old and experienced players. Hence everyone starts with a clean slate and high spenders cannot advance ahead of non-spenders at such a fast rate.  

And you believed them?You shouldve learned by now how AGE keeps their promises.I must admit that i believed it at first and what tactics thought for phoenix was perfect.I guess some1 else is deciding abbout phoenix now or tactics hands are simply tied.

They mightaswell introduce max ojs in game now and merge it with the rest.Tbh with this NT encahnt system phoenix is even worse then OS.How can avarage 1-15 pvper in noble enchanted to like 5 compete against ap buyer with [20] enchanted gear and weps?At OS non ap buyers can atleast farm and buy enchant # and use them for themselves.Here this is not possible at all.

Eaton08

Rank 1
Eaton08
Joined
12 Jun 2008
Posts
319
Location
United Kingdom
PostedDec 28, 2012 11:15 am
DarkSakimaru wrote:

They mightaswell introduce max ojs in game now and merge it with the rest.Tbh with this NT encahnt system phoenix is even worse then OS.How can avarage 1-15 pvper in noble enchanted to like 5 compete against ap buyer with [20] enchanted gear and weps?At OS non ap buyers can atleast farm and buy enchant # and use them for themselves.Here this is not possible at all.  


Eh that's not entirely true. I mean like it's 95% right, but not entirely. You can still go to trusted ap buyers/friends/users and do a trade with them in order to get the perfect lapisia job done. It's bit of an iffy process but there's nothing to say it can't be done, just need people to be around that you can trust, which again isn't that hopeful either in this game o.o

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
Joined
28 Apr 2010
Posts
1860
Location
near the United States
PostedDec 28, 2012 11:34 am
Eaton08 wrote:
DarkSakimaru wrote:

They mightaswell introduce max ojs in game now and merge it with the rest.Tbh with this NT encahnt system phoenix is even worse then OS.How can avarage 1-15 pvper in noble enchanted to like 5 compete against ap buyer with [20] enchanted gear and weps?At OS non ap buyers can atleast farm and buy enchant # and use them for themselves.Here this is not possible at all.  


Eh that's not entirely true. I mean like it's 95% right, but not entirely. You can still go to trusted ap buyers/friends/users and do a trade with them in order to get the perfect lapisia job done. It's bit of an iffy process but there's nothing to say it can't be done, just need people to be around that you can trust, which again isn't that hopeful either in this game o.o  


Or another option is to purchase already enchanted items. This would still benefit the AP Purchasers since they can set the prices and regulate them as they wish.

Love what you do and do what you love.

Eaton08

Rank 1
Eaton08
Joined
12 Jun 2008
Posts
319
Location
United Kingdom
PostedDec 28, 2012 11:36 am
ToBeFeared wrote:
Eaton08 wrote:
DarkSakimaru wrote:

They mightaswell introduce max ojs in game now and merge it with the rest.Tbh with this NT encahnt system phoenix is even worse then OS.How can avarage 1-15 pvper in noble enchanted to like 5 compete against ap buyer with [20] enchanted gear and weps?At OS non ap buyers can atleast farm and buy enchant # and use them for themselves.Here this is not possible at all.  


Eh that's not entirely true. I mean like it's 95% right, but not entirely. You can still go to trusted ap buyers/friends/users and do a trade with them in order to get the perfect lapisia job done. It's bit of an iffy process but there's nothing to say it can't be done, just need people to be around that you can trust, which again isn't that hopeful either in this game o.o  


Or another option is to purchase already enchanted items. This would still benefit the AP Purchasers since they can set the prices and regulate them as they wish.  


There is also that, but you know what that means right? "I made it, you pay what I say" so let's start expecting outrageous prices on gears which such high enchant...

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
Joined
20 May 2010
Posts
336
Location
Beccles United Kingdom
PostedDec 28, 2012 11:47 am
Just make PX server £10 a month and item mall is free and everything drops in game at a very reasonable rate see how well it does, i think that the pvp there would be uber.

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: