filipvarga
PostedDec 28, 2012 6:25 am
Jensun wrote:

Thats great actually, to study the game a little bit Razz

ThePinguTBT

Rank 0
ThePinguTBT
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:07 am
@fishmaster Very Happy why don't you start a 3rd CB until OB is ready?

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:25 am
ThePinguTBT wrote:
@fishmaster Very Happy why don't you start a 3rd CB until OB is ready?  

Thats actually not a bad Idea, to open a temporary Server for people to discover some other bugs or just try out different builds etc.
Might not be possible if the current available Server is used for Developer testing though.

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:43 am
Running a server takes money. They won't open a server if there's no way to make money off of it. So that isn't a feasible idea. Patience, my dears. It's a virtue Wink

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:25 am
TreishaSempai wrote:
Running a server takes money. They won't open a server if there's no way to make money off of it. So that isn't a feasible idea. Patience, my dears. It's a virtue Wink  

Thought so, but still it would have been a nice service for us impatient people Very Happy
To make some profit of it, they could open an ingame mall and players would just get the items bought in the temporary server spawned into their inventories during Open Beta.
Would be a little work for the GMs though to keep track, or just let the buyers send Tickets with proofs to gain the items in Open Beta aswell.

I just hope Open Beta is starting shortly after New Year, but since there havent been any announcements yet I doubt it will.

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:34 am
filipvarga wrote:
TreishaSempai wrote:

Thought so, but still it would have been a nice service for us impatient people Very Happy
To make some profit of it, they could open an ingame mall and players would just get the items bought in the temporary server spawned into their inventories during Open Beta.
Would be a little work for the GMs though to keep track, or just let the buyers send Tickets with proofs to gain the items in Open Beta aswell.

I just hope Open Beta is starting shortly after New Year, but since there havent been any announcements yet I doubt it will.  

That would mean literally hundreds of RTs for the GM team to go through in the first few days alone, not to mention all the work it would take to compare purchase records and pay everything back out manually. That is an equally impossible idea =P

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:45 am
Would only be beneficial with a small amount of players Razz For example us few trolls that are lost on these Forums all days long Very Happy

dv2axonn

Rank 0
dv2axonn
PostedDec 28, 2012 12:26 pm
Incorect Smile.

Running a server, you must pay a firme to host your server.

That is called a Dedicate.

The Dedicate keps your server 24/24 .

Even now, the dedicate is payed and its or for testing or it stay there.

This is possibile to make Smile Another server for players, accesible from patcher.

I have also a server and i know what i'm taliking here Wink

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedDec 28, 2012 12:31 pm
It's not "just" the server that costs money. It's a whole host of other things. I just use server as an umbrella term to save time.