FalseDeath

Rank 1
FalseDeath
PostedDec 26, 2012 9:56 am
They even sell good mounts there.....QQ The Land Phoenix aka Chocobo I've always wanted for an elf! Surprised
Advertisement

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedDec 26, 2012 10:04 am
FalseDeath wrote:
They even sell good mounts there.....QQ The Land Phoenix aka Chocobo I've always wanted for an elf! Surprised  

Yea, you should be able to buy anything there that would be limited to a Tiered here. It is a different approach, with both pros and cons.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 26, 2012 10:07 am
FaIIacy wrote:
Interestingly enough, I took a look around their main page. It seems they have more features than the US Shaiya has.. or at least the features that people pay hundreds of dollars during tiered spenders and such here.

Example: http://fr.shaiya.aeriagames.com/gravure

Those weird potions found in bootleg can apparently be combined with rec runes to reroll a specific stat and achieve the maximum orange with relative ease. So for maybe $10 to achieve max orange there, you could instead pay.. well, I'm sure most know better than I in regards to the US version.

It's actually funny to be honest. Their home page has more information than ours does. As well as a few other random things, like puzzles to do. Even looking at their pvp rankings, it seems that it must be fairly active there.

The part that confuses me is that it's run by AGE, so why such a difference based on language? Surely all versions of the game under the same company should receive the same treatment.. right?

Brb, going to learn how to speak French.  

The structure of AGE makes every team's performance completely exclusive of each other. All upper management cares about is a profit, and performance. This is why the Spanish servers were invading our General Discussion for awhile. Their management in 2011/2012 made some really bad choices, and they trusted Superman to fix their problems more than they did their own GM/PM's.

The Upper management basically assumes that local PM/GM teams know what players want, and trust them to make game based decisions.

But yes ..... Fr is the server EN "used to" look like. Now EN's starting to look more like the Spanish example of bad implementation.

Woodie38

Rank 0
Woodie38
PostedDec 26, 2012 11:40 am
OK in new years im so going for a change xD

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
PostedDec 26, 2012 11:43 am
Superman0X wrote:
FalseDeath wrote:

Yea, you should be able to buy anything there that would be limited to a Tiered here. It is a different approach, with both pros and cons.  

Dont forget the runes EXP stones and charms themselves are ALL much cheaper then this shaiya, seems they have the right idea.

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedDec 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Re: french servers are better o.O

So who wants to migrate to FR with me? :P
Woodie38 wrote:

-it seems their max lvl is still at 70 while we're at 80 o.O

I haven't tried out the Shaiya FR yet but from reading their Tiers, it seems they already have 71+ content released which means they should also have the level cap raised from 70 to 80.

Chan375 wrote:
that's the combo system we "rejected"  

Do you have a link to this? I know the Combo system has been talked about for a while but I do not recall ever having the choice of weather we want it implemented or not. I know the GMs/PMs make a lot of decisions which dirrectly affect the players without asking for the players' input. Neutral

Looking over their Web Mall, it seems they do have much more content then Shaiya EN, however there are a lot of items with the prices similar to Shaiya EN. I do not know what they limit in game drop-wise but based only on the Web mall, there isn't that much more of an advantage price wise over the Shaiya EN.

One thing that caught my eye was the 30 day UM pack available for 7k AP which is similar to our Destroyer pack available for 10k AP. The little bit of bonus that comes with the destroyer pack are not worth the extra 3k AP most of the time.

http://fr.shaiya.aeriagames.com/itemmall/item/7761/pack-de-30-jours-pour-mode-ultime

In the end, Shaiya EN and Shaiya FR are both run by AGE, that says it all.

Love what you do and do what you love.

avara88

Rank 1
PostedDec 26, 2012 1:14 pm

ToBeFeared wrote:

Do you have a link to this? I know the Combo system has been talked about for a while but I do not recall ever having the choice of weather we want it implemented or not. I know the GMs/PMs make a lot of decisions which dirrectly affect the players without asking for the players' input. Neutral

This vote was done I think early last summer before EP 6 was released and people voted against it because everyone had already used Max OJs on their 70 gear and didn't want to have to worry about double rec runes. I will see if I can find the post.

Found: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=12130033#12130033

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedDec 26, 2012 1:59 pm

avara88 wrote:
ToBeFeared wrote:

This vote was done I think early last summer before EP 6 was released and people voted against it because everyone had already used Max OJs on their 70 gear and didn't want to have to worry about double rec runes. I will see if I can find the post.

Found: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=12130033#12130033  

Ok, but that poll was with regards to the Double Rec Rune. The combo system theoretically should allow for combining more then just Rec Runes, useless Lapis for example and other items.

Either way, thanks for finding the link.

Love what you do and do what you love.

avara88

Rank 1
PostedDec 26, 2012 2:37 pm

ToBeFeared wrote:

Ok, but that poll was with regards to the Double Rec Rune. The combo system theoretically should allow for combining more then just Rec Runes, useless Lapis for example and other items.

Either way, thanks for finding the link.  
'

Yeah that was the only one I could find, it seemed like they decided to scrap the whole system based on that, but even with that vote it could've (should've?) been implemented at the beginning of EP 6 when everyone had to start from scratch again anyway.

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedDec 26, 2012 2:51 pm
Combo system was removed because every time it was brought up players QQd about it based on the initial poll that was about double rec runes at a time when people were just finishing 3rd OJ on their 70 gears. At that point players voted no, and stated when new gear came out they might feel differently. Since the vote was no, any time the subject was brought up after that players had fits over it because how could they dare do anything we voted against. >.< Personally I would love to be able to use my 80 priest to far lapisia in CS and build it up into perfect lapisia, maybe it would take time and I would need lots of drops for high lvl perfects, but I could actually, over time, farm and get full [20]s for free... but players don't want that. Players say no.

((when that poll was done the impression some had was that combo system would still be added, just not the pots to make double rec runes... I would love to see new vote on combo system and see it started in game))