PostedDec 28, 2012 7:49 pm
Superman0X i love u

PS: thats ur quote of the year o.o
Advertisement

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:14 pm
ya know my dad when he was alive long ago said to me "son...its easyer to scam $1 outta 1000 ppl then $1000 outta one person..."

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:41 pm
But it is more profitable to scam $1000 out of 10 people than $1 out of 10,000 people.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

Spooky999

Rank 2
Spooky999
PostedDec 29, 2012 1:10 am
This thread has become fascinating, we start with reference to to french shaiya and end picking apart this shaiya.

At the risk of being stoned to death with big pointy rocks. After i read over all the points made i dont actually see a single valid reason for them to alter the current 30k ap tier system.

It dawns on me that the numerous big spenders who left the game left for other reasons then the cost of buying ap. Usually Customer service related oddly enough this was the reason i deleted the game the other day also.

I personally don't believe lower level tiers would generate more revenue, im sorry to say that and im convinced that these wont ever be implemented. The bottom line with the low % high volume turn around is the additional costs to run it.

I honestly belive the biggest issues pertain to in game problems not ap mall problems, i want to see a clamp down on con men and rip off artists, the farm to play element has to be readdressed, as dose the economy. 60 and 70 pvp zones should of been added by now this was a huge mistake i mean epicly huge, you managed to alienate all 60 pvper and 70 pvpers in one patch then left them high and dry. I would postulate that nearly all the former endgame players would of stayed in game if 70 pvp had been introduced, and wiping out 60 pvp you alienated another large section of ap buyers.

The only tier change i would make is I do feel that greater content should be put on the tiers, rare items such as heroic 1-15 leg 20-30 maybe some of the uber rare now defunct Jewel Ive etc, People will pay for cool items its that simple. Even to the point of gold Leg plate and more limited bespoke items full black 20-30 mage sets available for one month what ever you guys can come up with but the injection of these rarities would be great in my opinion.

Oh yeah and please get rid of Mboxes its items like this that make us mistrust you guys its just not worth it put them in a box that costs more or have them only as tiered items. The endless complaints on these must have given you an indication by now that they are not good for you

Also the Perfect lapisia structure needs to be readdressed and quickly before more damage is done, right now it makes you look like rip off merchants. I still think the best way is to have the lvl of the lapisia decided by the amount of pieces you combine but what ever floats your boat

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
PostedDec 29, 2012 1:46 am
Alastoreo wrote:
Cheaper and more players paying does not necessary mean higher profits. 1000 more players willing to pay $50 if tiers are cheap makes less money for them than 100 players willing to pay $500 more if tiers are expensive. Also, catering to 100 people is much easier than catering to 1000 people.

The business side of Aeria are more interested in $$$ than the health of the game. Don't blame them for seeking maximum profit at high prices, blame them for their incompetence in running the game while charging a high price.  

It is easy to service fewer people but if tiers do get to 500$ per month i for sure will stop buying ap, not gonna spend so much money on it and so will lots of other people.So there wont be 100 people to buy 500$ tier monthly.But i wasnt being precise in my post.I am sure there would be more players than that that are willing to pay 50$, some willing to pay 150$ same like before.

Cheaper tiers would allow big fishes that spent 300$/month to buy more tiers and they would buy more tiers during month and there would be a lot of new people willing to spend 50$ once a month.Lowering the tier price is just getting more people to buy ap.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 29, 2012 3:52 am
DarkSakimaru wrote:
Alastoreo wrote:
Cheaper and more players paying does not necessary mean higher profits. 1000 more players willing to pay $50 if tiers are cheap makes less money for them than 100 players willing to pay $500 more if tiers are expensive. Also, catering to 100 people is much easier than catering to 1000 people.

The business side of Aeria are more interested in $$$ than the health of the game. Don't blame them for seeking maximum profit at high prices, blame them for their incompetence in running the game while charging a high price.  

It is easy to service fewer people but if tiers do get to 500$ per month i for sure will stop buying ap, not gonna spend so much money on it and so will lots of other people.So there wont be 100 people to buy 500$ tier monthly.But i wasnt being precise in my post.I am sure there would be more players than that that are willing to pay 50$, some willing to pay 150$ same like before.

Cheaper tiers would allow big fishes that spent 300$/month to buy more tiers and they would buy more tiers during month and there would be a lot of new people willing to spend 50$ once a month.Lowering the tier price is just getting more people to buy ap.  

And the Big fish would use alot less of what they buy, which would create a massive secondary market for Free players to buy Smile (If $50 had the same VALUE as the current 300.00 anyways; if the tier only offered $50 at today's item evaluations, it really wouldnt help).

cookio

Rank 1
cookio
PostedDec 29, 2012 4:10 am
Spooky999 wrote:
bytorbusch wrote:
Better watch out the Germans are eyeing up the FR Shaiya  

Its ok they have to go through Shaiya Poland first  

Why should they. They got Shaiya Deutsch. And that got a real nice Item Mall too.

http://de.shaiya.aeriagames.com/

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedDec 29, 2012 4:13 am
TotallyJay wrote:
I think the item mall is illegal.  

Some features ( loot box / some mystery boxes / tiers / ignite / ...) from AGE is neither legal in my country, but it's abusing an disadvantage of globalism, that a company is being protected by the laws of a country / state where the main seat of that company is located.
Almost all companies which is offering their product in multiple countries is doing this trick.

i don't know something about the state laws in CA, but if the company is still around, then they are legit right ? You can report the company yourself ya know.

@killa ; i found your post interesting, and lol @ 5 times "listen to your customers". Even if the customers were being handled as a king, you cannot listen to all customers and keep these happy if you have 1000+ customers. It is true that they have to work on their communication towards the community.

Still a question for Superman0X ; AGE has released a Customer Service Team, but they aren't so visible because they are on the background. Was it intended or is it difficult to combine all AGE products to one team for customer's approval ?

PvP balance has been broken by both AGE and the community. I know that people like to slap AGE for this, but they should slap ourselves too. They are creating a hole in their wallet to get highest possible stats / enchants. I have written a big post about it before, and concluded that the main factor of such behavior is a wrong mentality ; being afraid of dying in PvP, followed by individualism.

And i didn't have talked about the developer's choice in many patches / newest features which harms the game negatively. I knew since the launch of enchants / OJ's that it would be "used" by AGE and destroy PvP partially.

however, i'm not sure that AP card sellers are destroying the game economy. it might be more popular these days but if you look to the economy status, it's pretty stable towards in 2009-2011 where fun card sales wasn't popular. I have visited this game recently and noticed less chats in trade chat, but with more fun cards offer. THAT has surprised me.

I believe that fun card sales have increased by two reasonings
-> high AP emphasis at AGE which results in customers seeking for AP sources, either from their own wallet or by selling ingame items to AP ( OP -> fun cards )
-> key to profit for fun card sellers. There is no way around it, you gain more profit in game items if you sell fun cards to OP.

Despite possible thefts and fraud, people still trade fun cards.

@ rekikyo , please stop with sucking your thumb for numbers.

signature of xybolt

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 29, 2012 4:33 am
xybolt wrote:
TotallyJay wrote:
I think the item mall is illegal.  

Some features ( loot box / some mystery boxes / tiers / ignite / ...) from AGE is neither legal in my country, but it's abusing an disadvantage of globalism, that a company is being protected by the laws of a country / state where the main seat of that company is located.
Almost all companies which is offering their product in multiple countries is doing this trick.

i don't know something about the state laws in CA, but if the company is still around, then they are legit right ? You can report the company yourself ya know.

AGE does not meet 2 of the three requirements for it to be considered gambling.

And their machines are not Gambling Machines. They are Game of Chance (There is a legal difference).

As for your last sentence? huh?

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedDec 29, 2012 4:41 am
Rekikyo wrote:
AGE does not meet 2 of the three requirements for it to be considered gambling.

And their machines are not Gambling Machines. They are Game of Chance (There is a legal difference).  

in my country, you need to have a permit if you want to offer products which involves gambling, even a game of chance is in that category. Here, there is no difference because you are using real cash. They don't look at the content of the product, but at what you have to spend with real cash for and what you can earn, either real cash or virtual items or vouchers.

signature of xybolt