Evil_Vivi

Rank 0
PostedDec 29, 2012 5:32 am
Account Name: Evil_Vivi
Character Name: PomPom
Server: Diamond

Entry: Run Cinderella, before the clock strikes midnight!

Challenge: Sorry, no story from me. xD
Advertisement

littlebunny9

Rank 0
littlebunny9
PostedDec 29, 2012 10:36 pm
Account Name:littlebunny9
IGN: Kirariru
Server: Diamond
Entry: Gretel and Hansel

Challenge: The Legend of Eternal Guardians
“The story of the Diaspora has been told for generations…
For reasons lost to time, the races of the world set sail toward the horizon.
They landed on the central continent and worked together to rebuild their lives.
As time passed, this story was forgotten in all but myth.
Racial strife built, shattering the utopia, and conflict spread across the land.
Suffering followed in the wake of war.
A haven no longer, the land became embroiled in sorrow and pain.
Hope faded…then was suddenly renewed.
A group of humans appeared, mysterious, strong and wise.
Their souls resonated with magic, and they worked to dispel evil from then land.
Their origins were unknown, but rumors circulated…
Whispers of blue crystals, and children born of no mother.
Ancient records foretold of their coming, calling them “Eternal Guardians.”
These legends said the warriors’ purpose was to unite all races and lead them to Eden Eternal.”

“Is the story true dad?” ask Hat
“Of course is it my dear. Now go to sleep, it is late.” Ormhat gently kiss his son of his forehead as he slowly turns off the light. “Goodnight son”
“Goodnight dad” answer hat as he close his eyes tightly pretending to sleep.
As soon as the door was close, he jumps out of his bed and grab the story book. “I wonder if one day I can meet them… Eternal Guardians. I would ask them to turn me into an Eternal Guardian too! Then I’ll be able to help my dad with his work and protect the whole village from the monsters!!!”
Hat stands up, ties his blanket around his neck as if it is a cape and swung his broom rapidly at the closet. “Oi wild beast! Stay away from this village or else I will kill you all!!” Hat screams loudly then start run around his room smashing everything in his way. “Die die die! Muhahaha you are no match for me! An Eternal guardian!!!” Suddenly, a loud scream echoing outside as the bell start ringing, warning everyone monsters are attacking our village. The whole village start filling with screams, crying as the violent beasts have already make it way to the entrance. The door swung open as Ormhat grabs Hat and quickly run to the storage. “Stay here Hat. Do not go out until I come to get you, okay?” “Where are you going dad?” Hat scream as Ormhat close the door. “Its okay son, nothing will happen to me, I promise.”
Hat start hitting on the door wanting to go outside but Ormhat has locked it from the outside. “No! Dad no!!! Don’t please…”
Hat is scare his dad will be kill by monsters, he scare his village will be destroy, he scream out as loud as possible praying for his father. “If I was the Eternal Guardian, my dad won’t have to fight this alone… Why!!!? Please let my father be safe.” Suddenly a shooting star appears on the dark night sky, fly toward Hat as he looks in surprise. BOOM! As Hat open his eyes, he was in sparkling armors, with a shield engrave a star symbol and a beautiful long sword. He cannot believe in his eyes as he sees the word Eternal Guardian on his sword. He cry in happy as he dash out of the storage to help his father and the villagers. Everyone was surprise and watch Hat as he battle and chased the monsters out of the village and save the day. His father hugs him tightly as the whole villagers cheer and celebrate. Hat was giving the honor of being a knight and protects the whole village. And most important, he finally becomes an Eternal Guardian like he always wanted. “
“Hat wake up is morning” his father voice woke Hat up as he look around confuse.
“Where are my armors, shield and sword? I’m the Eternal Guardian!” ask Hat surprisingly
“Hahahaha! Sleepy head, what are u talking about? Hurry up and eat your breakfast.” Laugh Ormhat
“I guess it was just a beautiful dream.. But one day I’ll make it come true!” Hat say proudly as he stands up and run to his dad.
~ FIN~

Baurdus

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:04 pm
IGN : JollyRancher
Account name : baurdus
Title : I can show you the world~ Aladdin
photo :

Challenge:
Once upon a time. There was a prince named Kicco and a princess Florence. Kicco saw Florence and instantaly fell in love. However, Kasi kept stealing Florence away. So Kicco had to go across many world until he reachedd the last map and found Florence. Kicco defeated Kasi and they lived happilly ever after and married in Eden Eternal. The end

MariaTraydor

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
MariaTraydor
PostedJan 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Winners Week 8

Look here!
Here the Results of the final week:

Photo

1. Evil_Vivi
  2. gizzmo11g
  3. StephyLeonheart
  4. rin49
  5. byleco_byleco
  6. littlebunny9
  7. anime1057
  8. Thizlaoboi
  9. Baurdus
  10. Lucy817

Edited Photo

1. jeffysaur
  2. hyunahan
  3. Kasumilein
  4. _.Summer._
  5. waterblade01
  6. MisterTeal

Challenge

• StephyLeonheart
  • jeffysaur
  • byleco_byleco
  • hyunahan
  • littlebunny9
  • anime1057
  • Myorepl
  • Thizlaoboi
  • waterblade01
  • MisterTeal

Congratulations to all Winners! Your prizes will be delivered via the Item Mall Inventory Ingame (press I to find them). Please allow up to 7 business days for the prizes to be handed out.

Myorepl

Rank 0
Myorepl
PostedJan 05, 2013 6:23 am

Re: Winners Week 8

Look here!
Winners Week 8 GALLERY

Photo

1. Evil_Vivi

2. gizzmo11g

3. StephyLeonheart

4. rin49

5. byleco_byleco

6. littlebunny9

7. anime1057

8. Thizlaoboi

9. Baurdus

10. Lucy817

Edited Photo

1. jeffysaur

2. hyunahan

3. Kasumilein

4. _.Summer._

5. waterblade01

6. MisterTeal

Challenge

• StephyLeonheart
    Code:
    "The Winter Ball"

“The time for the Winter Ball draws closer.”

“I’ve always wanted to go to one. Considering that I can’t even play the part of a beautiful girl, the ones with the pretty dresses and the fanciest of hair, like the ones you would see on posters, why would I even bother?”

It’s funny, because when I said these words, I wasn’t expecting anything at all.

I was cleaning my residential home in my Guild Town, as usual before I go training, but I was just plain sad. I really wanted to go to the Winter Ball and meet the man I would like to couple with, but with no pretty Prime outfits, I would look ridiculous. I cleaned the chimney with a duster, when I heard a knock on the door. Curious I jog quickly to the door and opened it. There stood a young man with a small letter on his hand.

– Excuse me, – said the man, – is your name Selesnya?
    – Umm, yes, – I replied, – Can I help you?
    – Why, yes indeed.

He opens the note and begins to read.

– “You are cordially invited to the 168th annual Eden Winter Ball, hosted by the Grand Master of Eden, Pizza. The event starts approximately in 20:00 hours tomorrow, on Christmas Eve. The dress code is formal. It would be of great honor if you would attend.
    Yours truly, Game Master Exia”

I just stood there, pondering on what I should say or do.

– Ahem, – said the man, – Will you attend?
    – Oh! - I said to him, a little disoriented, – Yes, I will!
    – Great! Then we will see you tomorrow!

He politely salutes, smiles, and marches off to the next lucky person that got an invite. That’s funny… Only the popular kids get invites to the Winter Ball. How is it that I got one this year? I couldn’t go anyway, so why bother.

I decided to go to Aven the next day since I had to buy some supplies. I was running low on potions, as usual. Clerics can’t really ease up on those MP potions unless there’s an Illusionist around, but since I’m a lone wolf, I had to do things the hard way. Reaching the potion stand next to the weapons dealer, I noticed that someone was staring at me.

It looked like a halfkin, but this little one was pretty. His emerald eyes glistened as the sun shined on him majestically, as if he was some sort of god or something. His creamy skin looked soft and silky, as if a caramel just attached itself to him. As I kept looking at intently, he smiled at me. I turned away in a heartbeat and blushed insanely. The dealer of the potion stand was just staring at me curiously.

– Hey, hey, – said the dealer, – he seems to be catching your fancy, eh?
    – Ummm…– I just expressed, –…Who is he?
    – That boy, he’d be named SilvanShowdon, yes he is. We also call him Silvan, for short. One of them top peoples, I think. He’d be looking for a couple. Usually on the Winter Ball, but boy, all he gets are those “wild girls” chasing him. He wants one of these classy ladies, but finding one is a pain in the fanny.
    – That hard for him? But he’s good looking.
    – Yep, he is. But again, he wants a nice lady, not one of them loonies. You know the nubs?
    – Yeah, I get what you mean.
    – Yes. That’s why he’s kind of forever alone at the moment.

When I turned back to see him, he was nowhere to be seen. I wonder where he went. But I got lost in my transition, so I snapped back to reality, bought the potions that I needed, and went on to my merry little way.

Two hours remained for the Winter Ball to begin. I was just staring at Sakura Island, since I could see it from my room, all glowing and full of festivities. I could hear the laughter from my seat. I was just reading a book, depressed. I heard very loud knocks on the door, as if someone wanted to knock down on my door. I slowly went to the door, with my sword in my hand, and instantly opened the door. But no one was there. Confused, I stepped outside, only to find a Zumi running around nearby my room. It started to wave its hands in his direction, as if inviting me to follow him. Curious as I was, I closed my door with a lock and proceeded to follow the Zumi.

It seems that it was leading me to a pumpkin patch. He ran directly to an individual that was standing next to the pumpkin that I was taking care of.

– Do ho ho! – Said the man, cheerfully and dancing with the Zumi, – You seem more beautiful as my servant has claimed!
    I scratched my head, confused.
    – Who? Me? No, not at all, – I told him, – and who might you be?
    – Me? Why I’m the most whimsical of the Game Masters! You may refer to me as Pizza!
    – Oh! Wait… Aren’t you supposed to be in the Winter Ball already?
    – Why, yes indeed! But you see, I grant wishes to those Eternal Guardians that wish hard enough… And I heard your wish!
    – Umm, I didn’t wish for—
    – Yes you did my dear! Now don’t be shy and watch me work my stuff! Do ho ho!

As if out of nowhere, Pizza began to twirl and dance around the Zumi and touched his forehead. He was surrounded by an enshrouding mist. As the mist subsided, the Zumi, instead of having the beat-up tank top and the dirty, brushed up jeans, he now had a musketeer hat, an elegant tailcoat and some thigh high boots. I was amazed on how he can just transform living beings with just the tip of his fingers!

– Do ho ho! – Laughed Pizza, – I’m not done yet? You see this adorable pumpkin?
    Pizza twirled and danced his heart out, surrounding my pumpkin now. With his magical fingers, he forms a circle on it.

– Now my dear! Watch this! Stand back! Do ho ho!

As I began walking backwards, the pumpkin began to glow. Suddenly, the pumpkin turns into a humongous form, with wheels on its four corners. A little mount on the front side of the pumpkin and two tiny pumpkin lanterns on the back side. The Zumi volunteered on sitting at the front, grabbing the rope that was attached to a Forest Sprite, as if guiding the sprite.

– TADA! – Pizza exclaimed in joy.

I just stood my ground, amazed on the magnificent pumpkin carriage that now stood in front of me.

– Do ho ho! But I’m missing the most important person of the night! The shining star that shall ride this gorgeous carriage!
    – And who might that be? – I asked curiously.
    – Why YOU, silly nilly!
    – Me? Oh no, no, n---

Without letting me finish, he unleashes a mist, surrounding my entire flesh, embracing me with its cold, chilly might. I couldn’t fight it off; it was freezing and spinning so much that I could barely blink or think. As the mist began subside once again, I finally stopped spinning, only to realize that my hair was tied in an elegant ponytail. I had beautiful hoops earrings, and my dress was that of a Magical Princess, a lovely light grey with red velvet ribbons and laces on it. I loved my boots; they were light grey, about to reach my knees, and had red velvet laces on it, too. I wanted to cry so much, but I held my tears inside.

– Pizza! I don’t know to thank you! – I happily replied.
    – No need my dear! – He exclaimed, – for I am the granter of wishes! Do ho ho! Now go out there and be the star of the show!

I hugged Pizza much like a child hugs her teddy bear; hard, with lots of joy and sweetness in my heart. I quickly mounted the pumpkin carriage and told the Zumi my destination.

– To Sakura Island! – I exclaimed, – To the Winter Ball!

The Zumi, whipping the rope, causes the Forest Sprite to advance forward, reaching the portal to Aven.

After much traveling, I reached Sakura Island. The island was filled with white clothed tables, many cream filled chairs, and many beautiful people. They all suddenly stared at the lone pumpkin that appeared from the entrance.

I gracefully exited the carriage, slowly but confidently. All eyes were on me, I realized. I smiled politely and began marching towards the crowd. As I was advancing, Silvan approached me as if from nowhere.

– Didn’t I see you somewhere before? – He asked.
    – Hmm. Maybe you did, – I said, teasing him, – maybe you didn’t.
    Waltz style music began to play on the background.
    – I like this song. May I have the honor of this dance with you?
    I began to blush.
    – Of course you may, good sir.

Let the Winter Ball begin!

• jeffysaur
    Code:
    "The Test of the Bane Prince"

“Grandpa! Grandpa! Can you read this for me?” Exclaims a young anuran while holding an old rotten book and running towards Librarian Conan.

“Oh boy. That book. I can’t read any of its words, all the pages are blurry and torn.” Says Librarian Conan.

Then an old man wearing a brown hood came, “Let me help you.” He said as he touched the book with his fingertip. The book suddenly became new as if it was freshly written.

Librarian Conan was in shock. “Read it! Read it!” exclaims the young anuran. Librarian Conan just tried to ignore the magic and started reading the book for the eager anuran.

“Once upon a time, there was an evil prince that lives in a mausoleum deep inside the deserts of Arid. It was believed that the prince brought back the dead to life to become his servants. No one has ever seen him. Anyone who dared travel the desert only end up getting beaten up by the undead servants.

But one day, two strong warriors, Kane and Roger, were able to reach the mausoleum. They beat up all the guardian servants inside. And alas, they reached the chamber of the prince. The two kept their guard as they can sense the power of the prince.

“I am not going to kill you. In fact, I’m going to reward you.” Said the prince who appeared in front of them out of nowhere.

The warriors looked at each other after hearing what the prince has said, as if they’re making sure that both of them really heard the same thing.

“However, the reward you will receive will be based on how well you do on the test I will give you.” Continued the prince.

“And what’s the test?” asked Roger.

"It is a simple test of greed." The prince then showed two treasure chests - a small one and a big one.

“Each chest contains different amount of gold. Pick one and it’s yours. And if you make the right decision you will be rewarded more.”

The two were quiet until Roger said “I guess I'll just pick the small treasure chest.”

The prince smiled. “Then it’s yours, you may exit the mausoleum now through this door behind me, it will lead you to a short cut to the exit. You will find your other reward on the way.”

Roger was so happy but still couldn't believe what's happening as he picked up the smallest treasure chest. He then quickly ran outside the prince’s chamber leaving the other one.

“Now, there’s only one treasure chest left. Looks like you don’t have any other choice.” The prince said to the one warrior left.

“I still have a choice.” said Kane.

“Hm?” The prince wondered.

“I’m not interested with your gold and rewards. I am here to stop you! You’ve been harming a lot of the people I protect. People in my village are starving because your servants are attacking and scaring off the merchants from other villages. My choice… is to kill you once and for all!”

“Hm Hm Hm!” The prince laughed after hearing what Kane said.

“You are something." Said the prince. “You passed the test.”

“What are you saying?! I did not play your game!” Said Kane.

“Exactly” The prince said. “The first warrior picked only the smallest treasure chest not because he is not being greedy. But because he knows it would make him pass the test and therefore get the additional rewards.”

“A typical human response when given a choice by someone generous - they act all unselfish but in their mind they’re really hoping to get the best reward for it.”

“Humans are instinctively greedy. He had the chance to kill me but instead he exchanged the safety of the people for money.”

“But you. You showed no interest in riches. So as a reward, the real reward I was speaking of, I am going to leave your people alone. I cannot promise the same for the other warrior, the door behind me isn’t really a short cut. The path it leads is cursed. Whoever enters it will live all his life looking for treasures, but he’ll be destined to never find one. As for your reward, you will not receive any gold, but you will receive something better.”

And after that, the prince disappeared in thin air. Kane was left speechless, he just exited the mausoleum through the main path. There are no servants to be seen, as if they too have disappeared with the prince.

Kane went back to the village, empty handed. But to his surprise, all the villagers are rejoicing, the women came to hug him and the men came to cheer.

“So this was the reward he was talking about.” Kane thought. “I’ll never exchange their happiness for gold.”

“Hold on, how did you know about what happened?” wondered Kane.

“An old man passed by and told us everything. We checked the desert and we indeed saw that there are no more undead servants patrolling around.” Answered one villager.

“Oh. An old man? Who was he?” Asked Kane.

“We couldn’t recognize him, he was wearing a brown hood. He quickly left after telling us the good news. Must be some wanderer?””

Librarian Conan stopped reading the book and looked at the old man but he was no longer there. He then looked at the young anuran and its eyes were ever so wide.

The young anuran then spoke, “I - I saw him disappear in thin air.”

The two came to their senses after hearing the Aven’s bell. Pirate Roger came back to Aven again... still hoping to find some treasures.

• byleco_byleco
    Code:
     "Grandpa's Tree"

In the center of Graceland Marsh, the home of all of the Anuran, there grows a tree. The tree is said to be so big, that its shadow covers the entire lake and its roots reach the faraway corners of the land. Hundreds of birds live there, thousands of the other animals have a shelter in the tree. Children so small that they still have tails like to play hide and seek there. And one Old Man always sits there, with his head beside the trunk, sleeping comfortably in the soft grass.

- Look... - The kids whisper, pointing towards him. -The Grandpa is here again!

Sometimes they gather at his feet and ask him questions.

- How old are you?

- Do you live here?

- Are you the Guardian of Graceland Marsh?

- You must be so old that if you were a Human or Ursun, your beard would be so long that it would reach your ankles! - Say the children.

- Oh no, I'm not old at all. - Replies the Grandpa. - My whole life is still ahead of me, I'm a youngster, just like you! - He laughs and smokes his pipe. Not long after he falls asleep again, dreaming of his old love and his home - the Holy Tree Rando.

One day, when the tree was beginning to bloom beautifully and the last snow was melting, the Mayor of Graceland Marsh was taking a walk to breathe some fresh, warm, spring air. He sat on one of the ancient roots and daydreamed, untill all of a sudden, he saw a silhouette approaching him.

- Hello there! - Shouted the Grandpa taking off his rugged hat.

- Oh, hello! It's gotta be you, the one that everyone keeps calling the Guardian of the Holy Tree! - Replied Mayor.

- Maybe, maybe not... It's the Tree who guards us, not me who guards the Tree - Said the old Anuran mysteriously - I just came back from Aven. I spend every winter there, visiting my son.

- So you have family?

- Yes... - He sighed - I have family...

They sat quietly for a while enjoying the warm breeze of air.

- Can I... Can I tell you a story? - Asked the Old Man all of a sudden - The story of that Tree.

Mayor looked up at the branches now covered with flowers.

- Sure. Please tell me. - He said.

The Grandpa started his tale.

"You must be too young to remember, beacause you're the same age as my son. But long time ago, the World was a very peaceful place. Bach then I had a fiancee here in Graceland Marsh. I loved her deeply. I believed she loved me too. But sad days came soon. The Three Continents were attacked by evil. Eternal Guardians rushed to fight and my Love... My Love became one of them. She was a great cleric with exceptional talent.

- I have to go. The wounded need my help.

- No, you can't. Please, I'll take you on a ship to Aven, my whole family is going. - I told her. I was so afraid of losing her...

- You have to let me go... But let's meet at the center of the Swamp today. I have a gift for you.

As she requested, we met that day, at the exact center of the Graceland Marsh.
    We both cried and said goodbye to each other.

- Please come back safely. - I begged her.

She only looked at me and said: - Here.

What she was holding in her hand was a big tree seed. We planted it together.

- This tree will grow to remind you that I am alive. And when I come back from war, we will build our house here.

Her gift was beautiful, beacause what she gave me was hope itself. I waited, the tree grew and... and she did not come back"

- So... you planted that tree? The Holy Tree?!! - Shouted Mayor. - I see now. I understand why you keep coming back here. But... I feel so sad that your Love has died.

- Oh no, she did not die! Can't you see, Mayor? The tree lives and grows, so she lives too! I'm sure she's alive! My life is still ahead of me and one day I will find her. And... That wasn't the end of the story, Mayor! My fiancee gave me one more gift.

"One day when I was sitting right... There - He pointed at a grass isle in between the roots. - It was raining. A large drop of water fell down from the tree onto my nose. Thank God I didn't drink it! I touched my nose with my hand, beacuse I felt something sticky there. And I felt a round shape. Something delicate and jelly-like. It was an egg!

I filled my hat with water and put it in there. Soon, a tadpole hatched from it. I was so happy! I raised him. Ever since he was small, he could cure the wounds of others. I knew he was Her son. And the tree gave him to me"

- Now excuse me, but im very tired of the journey. Maybe I'm not so young after all. Even my son keeps saying that he's an old man already. But he got old fast from all the tiring work in Aven. Zephy can't even find time to visit his real home!"

- Zephy? - Asked Mayor.

But the Grandpa was already asleep, snoring loudly. The petals fell on his hat like pink snow.

- Well... I guess I'll go... - And the mayor walked back to the village.

The sky was cloudless and clear. The towers of Aven were visible at a faraway distance.

- Hope sure is a strong power! - Thought the Mayor. - It's something that makes you keep on living... Sometimes for a very long time!

THE END   

• hyunahan
    Code:
    "CURSED"

Once upon a time in the magical land called Eden Eternal, there lived a young girl who woke up one morning to find she was dead. The announcement pronounced it clear as day in gold letters for all to see: “HaeNa is dead. We mourn her loss.” This surprised the girl for she still felt very much alive. Deciding it was probably just a glitch in the system, she resolved to go about her day as usual.

It was when she went shopping in Aven that she first began to notice that something was really wrong. She could not set up shop to sell things and she could not buy things from others. From there, she began to notice other problems. She could not pick up items. She could not gain experience. No matter what she did, it was not recorded. When she tried to speak to people, they did not respond and acted like they had not even heard her.

Several hours into the day, the girl grew frustrated at her lack of progress and inability to communicate with others. “Please, can’t anyone hear me?” She cried out in despair.

“I can,” a small voice whispered back.

The girl looked around but could not see the person the voice belonged to. “Where are you?” She asked. “Please talk to me.”

“Down here,” the soft voice came again.

The girl felt something soft rub up against her leg and looked down into the greenest eyes she had ever seen a cat have. Those eyes were the exact reason she had decided to keep the pet when she had found him starved and wandering alone. Drawn into those eyes, she asked in awe, “You can speak? But you’re my cat!”

“Well, you see I’m not really a cat. I've been cursed and you've been cursed, which is how you can now hear me,” the cat explained.

“Cursed!?” The girl exclaimed. “I haven’t been cursed! There’s just a glitch in the system. I’m sure it will be fixed once the reset happens at Midnight.”

The cat shook his small gray head. “That is what I believed at first. Imagine my surprise when I woke up one morning to find I had been transported into the body of a cat. I thought it would all return to normal the next day but I have been this way now for three months. You found me a couple of weeks after it happened and I have been with you ever since.”

“Truly?” The girl asked. “Where is your real body then?”

“Sleeping,” the cat replied. “Forever sleeping until I can find a way to break the curse and return to my own body. Unfortunately, I do not know who cursed me, why they did it, or what I need to do in order to break the spell.”

“Oh no, how awful!” The girl reached down and picked up her cat and hugged him close. “That’s just terrible!” She exclaimed. “Well I’ll help you find a way to break the curse then!”

“Ahem,” the cat coughed, embarrassed. “Could you put me down first please?”

The girl blushed, “Oh! I’m sorry! I forgot.” She set the cat back down on the ground and he shook himself to smooth his mussed fur.

“My dear girl, you seem to be forgetting a very important detail,” the cat said when he had composed himself.

“What is that?” The girl asked.

The cat sighed, “You have also been cursed.”

“Oh yes, I forgot about that.” Previously excited, the girl became deflated. “That does present a problem, doesn't it?”

“Well lucky for you, I have become much more observant after becoming a cat. I know exactly who cursed you and I’m pretty sure if we defeat her the curse will be broken.”

“Who was it? Who would be so evil?” The girl asked. "I don't remember angering anyone this much..."

“You were cursed by the evil witch Sonia at Soulmor Falls who became so jealous of your beauty and popularity that she could not stand your continued existence in Eden Eternal.”

“Who me? You must have the wrong person.” The girl scoffed. “I’m neither beautiful nor popular.”

“You just do not see yourself the way others do.” Looking down into the cat’s green green eyes she decided to believe what he said, even if it did sound extremely far-fetched.

The two companions, girl and cat, set off for Soulmor Falls. The journey was long and arduous for the girl could not buy any supplies. Several times, the girl wanted to give up. However, the cat was always there to encourage her and make her smile. Finally, they made it.

Looking upon the dark entranceway, the girl shook in fear. “Well, I guess we've got to go in there to defeat Sonia. Do you have a plan?”

The cat pondered his answer for a moment and then replied, “Once again, you are a very lucky girl. I have been here once before I was cursed, so I know how we can beat Sonia with just the two of us. First, become a cleric. Just spam heals and holy smite as we run through the dungeon to defeat the mobs. Once we have made it to Sonia, I’ll tell you how you can defeat her.”

The girl had never done something so scary or as exciting as running through the dungeon that day. Somehow, both she and the cat survived. Only Sonia was left. The girl and the cat hid out of sight to discuss their plan of attack.

“I don’t know if I can do this by myself,” the girl quavered. “Can’t we just ask Sonia to un-curse me? Maybe she isn't so bad…”

“No!” The cat whispered vehemently. “We will never have the chance to defeat her if we don’t surprise her from the beginning. If you try to talk to her, we will lose that element of surprise and definitely fail.”

Gathering herself together, the girl agreed to do as the cat told her. “Sonia!” She yelled a battle cry and ran out from her hiding spot.

Sonia’s attacks were brutal, but the girl kept healing herself and kept attacking. Little by little, Sonia got weaker and weaker. With her heals, the girl was always a little bit stronger. Realizing she could not win, Sonia wailed and screeched out in agony.

As Sonia breathed her last breath, an announcement scrolled by in gold letters, “HaeNa is alive. Sorry for the mistake.” The girl’s mailbox dinged and she opened it to find a message apologizing for the confusion and 5,000g as payment for her hardship.

“We did it!” The girl exclaimed, smiling down at the cat. “I never could have done it without you!”

The cat meowed and the girl collapsed beside him, realizing she would never hear him speak again.

“I did not even ask for your name and now I cannot speak to you anymore. I’m so sorry. I promise I’ll try to find who did this to you.” The girl pet the cat’s head as a single tear leaked out of the corner of her eye. In that moment, the cat disappeared into thin air.

The cursed cat had not known, but all that was needed to break his own curse was to have someone sincerely shed a tear for him. He had been a spoiled and selfish man before and no one had cared at all about his disappearance. Being turned into a cat and becoming the companion to the girl had made him kinder and more willing to help others. He had became someone who could touch another's life and make them care about what happened to him.

It was several weeks later that the girl was wandering through the market it Aven. Still in a daze after the disappearance of her beloved cat, she accidentally bumped into someone and fell to the ground. About to cry out in frustration, she paused when she saw a hand reach down to help her up. Grasping it, she tilted her head up and found herself looking into the greenest eyes she’d ever seen.

The End.

• littlebunny9
    Code:
     "The Legend of Eternal Guardians"
    “The story of the Diaspora has been told for generations…
    For reasons lost to time, the races of the world set sail toward the horizon.
    They landed on the central continent and worked together to rebuild their lives.
    As time passed, this story was forgotten in all but myth.
    Racial strife built, shattering the utopia, and conflict spread across the land.
    Suffering followed in the wake of war.
    A haven no longer, the land became embroiled in sorrow and pain.
    Hope faded…then was suddenly renewed.
    A group of humans appeared, mysterious, strong and wise.
    Their souls resonated with magic, and they worked to dispel evil from then land.
    Their origins were unknown, but rumors circulated…
    Whispers of blue crystals, and children born of no mother.
    Ancient records foretold of their coming, calling them “Eternal Guardians.”
    These legends said the warriors’ purpose was to unite all races and lead them to Eden Eternal.”

“Is the story true dad?” ask Hat
    “Of course is it my dear. Now go to sleep, it is late.” Ormhat gently kiss his son of his forehead as he slowly turns off the light. “Goodnight son”
    “Goodnight dad” answer hat as he close his eyes tightly pretending to sleep.
    As soon as the door was close, he jumps out of his bed and grab the story book. “I wonder if one day I can meet them… Eternal Guardians. I would ask them to turn me into an Eternal Guardian too! Then I’ll be able to help my dad with his work and protect the whole village from the monsters!!!”
    Hat stands up, ties his blanket around his neck as if it is a cape and swung his broom rapidly at the closet. “Oi wild beast! Stay away from this village or else I will kill you all!!” Hat screams loudly then start run around his room smashing everything in his way. “Die die die! Muhahaha you are no match for me! An Eternal guardian!!!” Suddenly, a loud scream echoing outside as the bell start ringing, warning everyone monsters are attacking our village. The whole village start filling with screams, crying as the violent beasts have already make it way to the entrance. The door swung open as Ormhat grabs Hat and quickly run to the storage. “Stay here Hat. Do not go out until I come to get you, okay?” “Where are you going dad?” Hat scream as Ormhat close the door. “Its okay son, nothing will happen to me, I promise.”
    Hat start hitting on the door wanting to go outside but Ormhat has locked it from the outside. “No! Dad no!!! Don’t please…”
    Hat is scare his dad will be kill by monsters, he scare his village will be destroy, he scream out as loud as possible praying for his father. “If I was the Eternal Guardian, my dad won’t have to fight this alone… Why!!!? Please let my father be safe.” Suddenly a shooting star appears on the dark night sky, fly toward Hat as he looks in surprise. BOOM! As Hat open his eyes, he was in sparkling armors, with a shield engrave a star symbol and a beautiful long sword. He cannot believe in his eyes as he sees the word Eternal Guardian on his sword. He cry in happy as he dash out of the storage to help his father and the villagers. Everyone was surprise and watch Hat as he battle and chased the monsters out of the village and save the day. His father hugs him tightly as the whole villagers cheer and celebrate. Hat was giving the honor of being a knight and protects the whole village. And most important, he finally becomes an Eternal Guardian like he always wanted. “
    “Hat wake up is morning” his father voice woke Hat up as he look around confuse.
    “Where are my armors, shield and sword? I’m the Eternal Guardian!” ask Hat surprisingly
    “Hahahaha! Sleepy head, what are u talking about? Hurry up and eat your breakfast.” Laugh Ormhat
    “I guess it was just a beautiful dream.. But one day I’ll make it come true!” Hat say proudly as he stands up and run to his dad.
    ~ FIN~

• anime1057
    Code:
    "An Eden Fairytale~"

Once upon a time in the world of Eden….where everyone would sell, relaxes, & fought to protect Eden from evil….lived a level capped frog warrior. He was the best in the Eden world of being a main fighter as warrior class…..everyone one admired him & wanted to be just like him. He was supposedly loved by all citizens…especially the women. He would be asked out on dates & given marriage proposals….but he would refuse them kindly & respectively for he wanted his one true love.

Then on one sunny day in Eden….The GMs went to look for citizens to help teach & train their new human & halfkin arrivals. The frog warrior was chosen along with citizens who were almost as amazing as the frog warrior. The GMs ported all who were chosen & themselves to Limestone then waited in the town near the starting point. After a few minutes….20 arrivals appeared at the starting point with bright wide eyes & excited faces. The GMs welcomed & greeted each new arrival then directed them to the chosen citizens. Each citizen did their introduction proper & with small details of Eden & how to survive health & economical –wise.

In the crowd of new arrivals….a female halfkin kept a special eye on the frog warrior as he stood proud & glowing in her eyes. She has falling in love for the frog warrior & vows to herself she will do anything….to win his heart & soul for her alone. The frog warrior doesn’t notice the halfkin staring at him, but he spots a female human…who shined like a brilliant star through the crowd in his eyes. He was thinking to himself, ‘She’s the one… I can feel…she’s the girl I’ve been waiting for all my Eden life. I hope she’ll love me at first sight, too.’ After all the welcoming, teaching, & small bits of training….the GMs port the chosen & themselves back to Aven, but not before the halfkin added the frog warrior on her friend list & the frog warrior added the dream girl on his friend list.

It has been 3 days since the frog warrior saw his dream girl & he was starting to day dream about her. His guild started to worry about him so they thought maybe doing some recruiting would possibly snap him out of it. The halfkin from the arrival day was the third recruit of the day & she was now level 55….when she looked through guild mate names….she noticed the frog warrior was in the guild & she became overjoyed. She greeted him in guild chat, but he did not response to her greetings. Then….by the last recruit invited to the guild….it was her….his dream girl who was now level 65….when he saw her name in guild chat, he welcomed & greeted her in a heartbeat. The halfkin noticed this & started to get a little spiteful that he responded to the other girl over her.

During the month, the frog warrior was slowly chatting & getting to know his dream girl…..making her like him more & more. While they were getting closer…..the halfkin was getting more & more spiteful at the girl….for ‘stealing’ her ‘the one.’ When the level cap rose again…. The halfkin wanted to couple with the frog warrior, but when she went to meet him in guild town…..he had coupled his dream girl right in front of the halfkin….breaking her little heart. She left the guild town crying & runs to depress in Shiver Peak. As she cried….she slowly turned her sadness into rage…..her rage focused on the warrior’s dream girl….she blamed her for ‘stealing’ him away from her & thinks the girl should pay….in full for her wrong doing to the little halfkin so she cooks up an evil scheme.

During the next few weeks, all 3 of them reached level 75 cap….so the halfkin begins to put her evil scheme into play. She starts to hack the girl’s account & rob her of the items she worked so hard to get, but the frog warrior being a nice couple helped her regain some of her items back & lend her some of his money. The halfkin had to get desperate to get payback…..so she thinks of another plan & waits for the opportunity. The frog warrior took a day off of Eden so his dream girl was left alone…..in the mercy of the halfkin…. The halfkin begins to hack the girl’s favorite map zone, Ursun Paws Mountain, & then lures the girl to the map for a dip in the hot springs. When the girl enters the zone….her controls become disabled & she can’t move. The halfkin rides up to a hill to watch the girl’s suffering in the next few moments. A giant guild boss spawns on top of the girl then spots her & starts to bash the girl until she dies. The girl tries to use her chat box to ask for someone to revive, but the chat box was also disabled so she presses the revive button. However, the girl gets kicked off Eden so when she tries to log back in….It tells her that her IP address has been blocked from Eden. The girl begins to cry realizing she won’t be able to play & be with the frog warrior again while the halfkin laughs evilly on Eden.

The day after, the frog warrior came back & noticed his dream girl not online….so he decides to wait for her. He waits for two weeks for the girl to return….but she has not logged back in….he begins to fall into a depression while the halfkin tries to take advantage & tries to woo into liking her. However, hard as she tries to woo him….his depression blocks her & anyone else around him out…..seeing his depression made the halfkin feel horribly guilty. The halfkin decides to tell what happened to a GM to see if the girl can be accepted back on Eden….the GM will allow this condition, but the halfkin must take the girl’s place of being banned. The halfkin half-heartedly accepts the terms….she rather see the frog she likes happy than miserable. The GM performs the action & the girl logs in as the halfkin logs out forever. The frog warrior & dream girl are happily reunited while the halfkin girl smiles about her good deed she did to make them happy in real life.

And so in the end, the frog warrior & dream girl continue to play together for the rest of their Eden days & the halfkin girl finds her true love on another mmorpg….so they all live happily in the end!~

The End~

• Myorepl
    Code:
    "Still waiting"

Over the hills and far away
    there was a small, peaceful Zumi Kingdom on the plain.
    There lived the kind and respected King and his son,
    heir to the throne.
    But only hunting was in Prince’s head,
    which worried the King, who has not much life left.
    Prince loved spending time walking in the woods,
    and was always accompanied by his faithful she-wolf.
    So the King secretly plotted a plan in rage
    to marry his son off to a Princess of the Halfkin Kingdom behind the golden gates.
    And so, for the first time, lad met a beautiful maiden on clearing
    and not knowing what to do with this new feeling,
    he rushed to his father with the good tidings,
    that he wants to get married: "Prepare the wedding!".
    King passed away happy and satisfied
    that fulfilled his dream and combined two kingdoms into one.
    However, the Princess was not a good girl.
    When the Prince didn’t want to give up hunting for her,
    jealous that he spends more time with she-wolf
    she tied down his pet in woods and left abandoned.
    She-wolf was howling nights and days
    waiting for the Prince to rescue her.
    But it was too late when the Prince found his lose.
    In revenge he went to the Witch for the magic she used.
    He ordered to turn the girl into a wolf,
    hoping she will understand what she’s done wrong.
    But the Princess’s pride was more important than that.
    She could not live with lice and eat offal.
    Humiliated, she bit herself to death
    and the Prince killed himself in double despair.
    Over the hills and far away
    there is a place called Golden Plains.
    Kind people live there and evil legions too.
    There’s a lot of monsters and challenges awaiting you.
    And there's one only thing here that reflects each of you,
    it's howling she-wolf waiting for no one knows who.

• Thizlaoboi
    Code:
    "The Plagued Prophecy" (480 words)

♋ Long ago in the realm of Eden Eternal, ancient legends told of great heroes who would emerge when darkness plagued the world. These heroes were known as the Eternal Children. One of the heroes, who was clad in silver armor, wielding the holy spear and blessed with wings of an angel would help save this world from utter destruction. This hero was known as the Silver Dragoon.
    ♋ In prophecy of old, it was said that a great plague would subdue a prominent town and completely transform the townspeople into horrid, vicious monsters. When the Silver Dragoon had found out about the prophecy’s epidemic, he quickly adventured to find this town. When he finally made it, a huge dark cloud had appeared above the town. He slowly walked through the entrance and noticed shadows of red eyes quickly circling around him behind buildings and landmarks. He closed his eyes, began to shift his body into a battle stance and slowly focused his energy. Soon the Silver Dragoon began to release a light from his body. When the transformed townspeople saw what he was about to do, they quickly tried to swarm him and overwhelm him. However, the townspeople failed and the Silver Dragoon had released an explosion of holy light from his body. This light purified the townspeople who were in the effect’s range.
    ♋ The Silver Dragoon confirmed that his attack would work on the townspeople and then planned for a larger scale attack to purify the entire town. He leapt into the skies right beneath the ominous dark cloud and began to focus his attack. This attack would take a lot of energy and he knew he had to risk the consequences to save the people.
    With no regrets, the Silver Dragoon released an explosion of holy light that appeared in the shape of transparent silver dragon. The Silver Dragoon then mounted himself on the dragon and began to use the dragon’s power to purify the townspeople. As soon as the last of the townspeople were purified the Silver Dragoon went straight toward the dark cloud. He leapt off the dragon and began charging his holy spear toward the dark cloud. The dragon had then fused itself with the holy spear and in the final moments within contact of the dark cloud a huge explosion had burst from the cloud.
    ♋ As the townspeople looked up, they saw a huge white cloud disintegrating from the sky. From the cloud it began to rain silver feathers. With no trace of the Silver Dragoon the townspeople knew that he sacrificed himself to save them. Suddenly, a holy orb shaped object had appeared in the sky and then, with a quick flash, the orb shot across the sky disappearing into the horizon. With a good feeling of intuition the townspeople knew that the Silver Dragoon was still alive and would be back again, someday.

• waterblade01
    Code:
    "LEGEND OF THE ALPACA KNIGHT"

Chapter 1: The Girl and Her Duty

Lily hastily walked up the steps and into the Curia Library. Lily sighed in relief as she closed her sakura umbrella. Shaking off the rain from her boots, she carefully scanned her surrounding. The welcoming atmosphere was filled with the scent of cinnamon and aged books. This made Lily feel warm and cozy on the inside and the rain not so much of an issue anymore. She shook her head to snap out of the trance.

- “I didn’t come here to play around.” Lily said to herself as she approached the librarian.

The librarian was an old-aged frog by the name of Conan. His knowledge is praised by the citizens all over Aven. Rumors have it that he was one of the top strategists during the last Great War.

- “Excuse me.” Lily said to Conan.

- “How may I help you girl?” replied Conan, staring at the girl with straight jet black hair and amber pupils.

- “My mother told me that the library contains the legend of the first Alpaca Knight.” stated Lily.

- “Ah yes! You must be the next generation.” Conan exclaimed with a smile.

- “I’ve been awaiting your arrival, chosen one. Follow me” Conan gesturing his hand telling Lily to follow.

The two went to a dimly lighted section at the back of the library. The books here seemed as if no one touched them in ages. Conan searched through the bookshelf and pulled out one of the books with his finger. He handed the dusty book to Lily.

- “This here, is the story of your great grandfather and his accomplishments as the first Alpaca Knight. I must return to my post now, tell me if you need any more assistance chosen one.” Conan stated, walking away.

Lily bowed to the librarian in gratitude and found an empty table to read. She gently blew the thin sheet of dust off the cover of the book with her ruby lips. The words Legend of the Alpaca Knight were engraved onto the cover.

- “Please tell me great grandfather, what my duty is as the next generation Alpaca Knight.” Lily said in her mind as she opened the book and started to read the first page.

--------------------------------

Chapter 2: The Legend

It was another beautiful day in Aven. The Great War has just ended and the races are coming together in hopes to bring about peace to the continent. A youthful man with short jet black hair and amber was sitting on a bench staring at the sea. Behind the man approached a person around the same age. This person was his childhood friend with curly blonde hair and skin pale as snow. Her beauty made her seem like a deity.

- “What do you think you are doing, just relaxing over there all by yourself Markus?” the girl exclaimed.

Unaware of the girl’s presence, Markus jumped off the bench startled, and turned around.

- “Hey Keka, don’t scare me like that. I’m going to have a heart attack one day thanks to you.” Markus replied.

Keka shook her head in disapproval at the lame joke and grabbed Markus by his arm.

- “I’m pretty sure you would be a great help to the Ursuns trying to finish up the roof of the church.” Keka said, dragging Markus along.

- “Hey stop it Keka, I’m not going anywh-“

Markus was interrupted by a sudden scream from the warp portal. A mysterious creature with sheep-like fur came barging through the portal and collapsed in front of the two friends. Keka and Markus stared at each other in bewilderment.

- “Help… us…” cried the beast.

The creature was taken to a nearby medical center ran by Anurans. After receiving treatment, the creature settled down from his state of shock to tell his story.

- “Hello, my name is Riff of the 2nd Alpaca Army Division.” Riff said in an exhausted tone to Keka and Markus.

- “Hello Riff, I’m Keka and this is Mar-”

- “Call me Hero” replied Markus, cutting Keka off.

Keka jabbed Markus on the arm and Markus let out a howl. Riff smiled at the relationship between the two and quickly frowned again.

- “A hero huh…” Riff chuckled. “We could use one of those right about now…”

Both Keka and Markus stopped fooling around and listened seriously to what Riff had to say. Riff explained to the two that shortly after the Great War ended, the Alpaca race was plagued by a new evil. This evil scattered their race all over the continent in various new dimensions. The Alpaca prophecy foretold that only a hero in shining armor would be able to save their race.

- “Surely we can do something to help them.” Keka looked at Markus.

- “Just when I thought I could get some relax time.” Markus groaned.

Markus and Keka revealed their true identity to Riff. They were part of the Holy Knight Militia as Captain and Co-captain of the 3rd battalion during the Great War.

- “Don’t worry, he might not look like it, but our captain here is a sturdy fellow.” said Keka, smiling at the worried alpaca.

- “But... only the hero can defe-…” exclaimed Riff.

- “What are you worrying about?” asked Markus. “We’re going to save your race and that’s all that matters.” said Markus, grinning from ear to ear.

The three agreed to meet up by the warp portal in 1 solar hour. When the three of them saw each other again, Riff’s jaws were hanging. The shield and armor Markus had on was like an exact replica of what the prophecy showed. A silver plate mail with a wooden shield with an alpaca crest on it displayed the hero of the Alpaca Kingdom.

- “Hey now that I think about it… doesn’t your shield’s crest look like Riff?” asked Keka.

Riff immediately bowed down in front of Markus.

- “Hey hey now, what’s the big deal?” asked Markus embarrassed, gesturing Riff to get up.

- “You are the chosen one, the one who will save our kingdom, the Alpaca Knight.” Riff said humbly in tears.

- “Now now…” said Keka helping Riff to his feet. “We’ll save your kingdom and make sure your people are safe.”

The three set off on their adventure ready to fight the evil ahead of them…

--------------------------------

Chapter 3: Determination

- “Hey, wake up” Conan said, lightly shaking Lily’s shoulder.

The drool from Lily’s face was starting to drip down onto the book.

- “Uhhh…” groaned Lily rubbing her face.

Lily shot up from the book and looked at Conan, then at the book, then at Conan, and again at the book. Blinking, she started to giggle.

- “I get it now!” exclaimed Lily.

She thanked Conan for everything and stepped outside the library. The rain has just ceased and sun’s rays permeated through the clouds. Lily walked down the steps with pride, holding onto the knowledge of what her great grandfather had accomplished during his journey. She vowed to follow his footsteps and protect this new generation of Alpacas from the upcoming evils. Skipping down the streets of Aven, she bumped into a stranger.

- “Ouch! Sorry mister-…” said Lily, rubbing her head.

Lily looked at the creature. This creature was an alpaca with fur the color of her hair and a rather expensive looking crown on his head. Streaks of yellow gleamed from his body. The royal alpaca nodded at her accepting her apology and continued towards the direction of the library. Another alpaca behind him bowed to Lily and followed the royal alpaca.

- “What an odd bunch…” Lily thought in her head. “Maybe I will help them one day…” Lily giggled, continuing to skip home to tell her new found knowledge to everyone she knew.

The End

• MisterTeal
    Code:
    "The Legendary, the Invincible, the Heroes"

-

When the land and its populace are being menaced by any form of scaled, winged, fire-breathing reptilian abomination, whenever an all-powerful wizard develops an unhealthy fixation for the blood of pure, untainted maidens, or whenever a princess is abducted from her bedchambers in the dead of night, there will forever be the duty-bound few who will rise to bring an end to the kingdom’s many troubles. They are the stalwart defenders of the crown, oath-bound to their duties in its service; The knights. The warriors. Elite fighters, one and all. These are the brave souls of which the songs of bards and the ballads of kingdoms draw their magic from, whose unparalleled exploits and deeds have become the staples of children’s stories across the ages. Woven into legend, these icons exhibited almost superhuman qualities and a sort of nigh-invincibility, and an always unflinching will in the face of the most dire adversities. How much of the tales, however, CAN be believed? Have the legends always been passed down with care for fidelity as they spanned the generations? For these heroes of yore, these paragons of duty, honor and loyalty that many a young soul has aspired to emulate, where in their storied past does the line between wistful embellishment and hard truth begin?

I am a scribe, lowly in standing and of no true birthright. My lineage has drawn more disdain than respect in the eyes of my peers and superiors. My duties have always been simple: To observe the exploits of men, the passing of events and to weave them forever into the tapestries of history, lest history, and more importantly, the people, be fickle and forgetful. I have witnessed a great many things throughout my “illustrious” years of service; the rise and fall of kingdoms and of men, and the rare courage and unyielding spirit glimpsed in the hearts of the steadfast knights of the crown, to name but a few. It is because of the latter, however, that I am driven to set pen to parchment for the final time. Whosoever comes upon this document, I beseech you to give voice to the words herein, as I know I will no longer be able to do so, not to honor myself, but to honor the deserving souls whose true challenges and accomplishments have been muddled by the ballads oft sung and heard, and by my very own heavy-handed words.

I have ridden with many warriors, and have written embellished accounts of their deeds, often paying little heed to things that we scribes deem “not worthy of a permanent record.” Such is the way of the scribe, the bard, the taleweaver. Oftentimes, it is the good, the great that will remain, or at times be added into our stories and songs, as the populace, along with the kings and monarchs whom we scribes scribble for, would always prefer the good or great over the flawed and vulnerable. I truly believe this way of thinking must change.

Let me tell you about the Swordsaint, a cunning knight who slew the felhound that terrorized the countryside. The tales would go that she lithely stepped past all of its vain attacks, her graceful form and movement constantly befuddling her foe. This dance would continue as she would land counterstike upon counterstrike with inhuman precision, weakening the beast, and eventually culminating in the coup de grace, a masterstroke thrust through the felhound’s throat. Or at least, that is what I had written.

In truth, she was shivering, fearful of the beast as we were entering its den. Of course, I was clearly far more terrified. Then the howling began. Taunting, piercing and echoing within the walls of the den, and eerily resonating within our very souls. This broke me, and I fell to my knees then and there, my panicked stare set to the ground, my hands clutching my chest as the heavy footsteps approached. I was sure that death had finally found me. As I composed myself (somewhat), I found the courage to look up and face my executioner. It was then that I saw the Swordsaint, a young, terrified girl but moments ago, now rushing headlong towards the felhound, sword drawn low, uttering a warcry which rang with equal parts fear and determination. She was swiftly swatted to one side by a gigantic clawed paw. She let out a shrill, pained scream as she was flung across the cave, but held her weapon fast as she struggled to her feet. I could see the blood from what were clearly agonizing wounds on her chest. She screamed for me to run, to save myself. She would fulfill her duty, or she would perish in trying. I could not move. I was frozen in fear, but as the battle continued, the fear was slowly pushed aside by a sense of admiration and gratitude, then eventually awe. I looked on and she would take blow after blow, vainly attempting to strike at the beast’s throat with her flailing sword swings. She never stopped. She was putting up a pathetic fight, but she never stopped. In the face of such a foe, I knew greater warriors would cower in fear, yet here she stood, barely holding her own, far from being invincible, clearly afraid. But she never stopped, for in the name of the crown, in the name of duty, and also to save my life, she would lay down her own. Then, the beast lunged, fangs out, and she fell over herself before it could tear her asunder. Perhaps through persistence, and a measure of luck, the felhound missed its mark, but her blade managed to embed itself cleanly through its throat as she stumbled. There she stood, bloodied, flawed, human. She then too fell to her knees, reduced to sobbing as she took stock of her terrifying brush with death.

One more tale perhaps should be mentioned, that of a young warrior who was tasked by the king to find and slay yet another beast endangering the populace. A land dragon, wingless reptilian creatures of immense power and immensely weak intellect. The tales around this quest would have you believe that he and his entourage found it immediately after they had left the town in which they had made their preparations. This much is true. It also goes that his entourage of 5 villagers were worthless in battle and fell immediately to the dragon, and it was his prowess and cunning that carried the day. This… Was not as true.

As the 6 brave young men exited a town that shall remain unnamed, a streak of flames burst forth from the forest directly at the group. They all managed to dodge, and our warrior quickly took stock of the situation, issued his orders to his comrades to scatter and approach the source from multiple directions. They moved deftly, instantly recovering from the blaze. Rushing into the woods, they caught sight of the scaled behemoth amongst the trees, trudging towards the leftmost member of their party with an almost laughable reptilian gait. Realizing this, the targetted hunter signaled that he would be the bait, and that the rest should make the kill. This was readily acknowledged by all in the group, and the game was afoot. On and on, it chased the bait, and the other 5 with our warrior at the fore, closed the distance. The pursued drew the dragon to a deep river, running alongside its banks, with cliffs flanking it on either side. Atop the cliff on the same side as the dragon and the bait, the rest of the party reached their pre-prepared “log avalanche.” Fate would have it that a few playful children were in the woods earlier that day, and they had ruined the mechanism for letting the logs loose, much to the horror of our warrior and his party. There was a grim hush amongs the 5 men on the cliff, and they looked at their ally alone on the riverbank, looking back at them, expectant of success. Our warrior simply shook his head… The lone hunter nodded his understanding of the situation, turned to face the oncoming dragon, sword drawn. Slowly, our warrior stood up, raised his mace to the sky, screamed his allegiance for perhaps the last time to his lord, and swore he would protect the people with whatever means and strength he had. His men echoed his thoughts, loudly, resolutely, and they slid down into the cliffside to face their foe together…

For lack of parchment, I must end my tirade. The heroes of song and legend are but men and women, flawed, imperfect, as vulnerable as you and I. Their heroism however, has cost them dearly, but it is because they are willing to pay these costs that they are truly deserving of their legends. Not for invincibility, as the bards would have you believe, but for their very human qualities that shined the brightest in their darkest hours.