LaxasRosenthal

Rank 0
PostedDec 22, 2012 8:59 pm

How to make the best Bard?

Hey, I'm new to this game and I find the Bard class pretty intriguing, I was wondering if it's possible to make a good Bard for pvp or in general? I'm not exactly sure how things work here either, so bare with me. lol Any suggestions on where I should put my points or if you recommend a better class to pvp with?
Advertisement

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedDec 22, 2012 9:30 pm
I wouldn't suggest bard for arena pvp. There are a few bards that I have seen work well in pvp, both as healers or dps, but for a new player, I would suggest a different class for the arena. Bards are desired for support in TW, but generally you have to be in an organized party for that to work.

If you'd still like to use bard in pvp, I can give you builds for healing, dps, or support (buffer) bard. Just let me know.

LaxasRosenthal

Rank 0
PostedDec 22, 2012 9:53 pm
Yes actually, I still would like to know. I'll just make another character to play with to get the hang of the game. ^^

LaxasRosenthal

Rank 0
PostedDec 22, 2012 10:25 pm
raedrin wrote:
I wouldn't suggest bard for arena pvp. There are a few bards that I have seen work well in pvp, both as healers or dps, but for a new player, I would suggest a different class for the arena. Bards are desired for support in TW, but generally you have to be in an organized party for that to work.

If you'd still like to use bard in pvp, I can give you builds for healing, dps, or support (buffer) bard. Just let me know.  

Surprised

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedDec 22, 2012 10:50 pm   Last edited by raedrin on Apr 20, 2013 5:18 am. Edited 1 time in total
Well you could always just change class instead of making a new character o.o

KP builds:

DPS bard:

-15 lvls matk with guitar (might vary, if you just wanna use staff don't put points here)
-15 lvls mcrit rate
-X lvls mcrit dmg as needed to cap at 3.00
-5 lvls into vocal bomb if you use a guitar (as it will be important to your dps for the kd chance)
-5 lvls into ALL matk (no matter what weapon)
-X lvls into spirited melody if you have points leftover (good to use b4 the match for crit boost)
-X lvls into other buffs if you want to buff yourself b4 the match

Healing Bard:
-15 lvls into g-healing
-15 lvls into mcrit rate IF you are an mcrit healer
-X lvls into mcrit dmg IF you are mcrit healer
-10 lvls into cast speed (this is up for some debate. Cast speed kp itself is mostly useless, but you must put 10 lvls into it to unlock the MoL kp bonus. Keep in mind that MoL doesn't heal for much, especially compared to using cure. But, it is the bard's only aoe heal, so how important it is to the healing bard will depend on the bard's personal taste)
- 1 lvl into MoL IF you put the kp into cast speed
-1 lvl into holy concerto

Support Bard:
-10 lvls into cast speed, 1 lvl into MoL
-10 lvls into Song of Illusion
-10 lvls into Musical Encouragement
-10 lvls into mcrit dmg > 5 lvls into Spirited Melody > 1 lvl into Move Speed Buff
-1 1 lvl into holy concerto
That's 69 points. If you lvl bard to 75, you'll have 6 extra points to put where you like.

Sorry for the confusing format, but bard is one of those classes where you can vary the kp a lot compared to some of the other classes.

LaxasRosenthal

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2012 6:30 am
raedrin wrote:
Well you could always just change class instead of making a new character o.o

KP builds:

DPS bard:

-15 lvls matk with guitar (might vary, if you just wanna use staff don't put points here)
-15 lvls mcrit rate
-X lvls mcrit dmg as needed to cap at 3.00
-5 lvls into vocal bomb if you use a guitar (as it will be important to your dps for the kd chance)
-5 lvls into ALL matk (no matter what weapon)
-X lvls into spirited melody if you have points leftover (good to use b4 the match for crit boost)
-X lvls into other buffs if you want to buff yourself b4 the match

Healing Bard:
-15 lvls into g-healing
-15 lvls into mcrit rate IF you are an mcrit healer
-X lvls into mcrit dmg IF you are mcrit healer
-10 lvls into cast speed (this is up for some debate. Cast speed kp itself is mostly useless, but you must put 10 lvls into it to unlock the MoL kp bonus. Keep in mind that MoL doesn't heal for much, especially compared to using cure. But, it is the bard's only aoe heal, so how important it is to the healing bard will depend on the bard's personal taste)
- 1 lvl into MoL IF you put the kp into cast speed

Support Bard:
-10 lvls into cast speed, 1 lvl into MoL
-10 lvls into Song of Illusion
-10 lvls into Musical Encouragement
-10 lvls into mcrit dmg > 5 lvls into Spirited Melody > 1 lvl into Move Speed Buff

That's 68 points. If you lvl bard to 75, you'll have 7 extra points to put where you like.

Sorry for the confusing format, but bard is one of those classes where you can vary the kp a lot compared to some of the other classes.  

Thank you so much! Very Happy But can't you only use KP's on a certain class? Like right now I have 13. Does that mean that I can only use 13 on one class or do I have 13 KPs for each class?

RayAles

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2012 7:53 am
LaxasRosenthal wrote:
Thank you so much! Very Happy But can't you only use KP's on a certain class? Like right now I have 13. Does that mean that I can only use 13 on one class or do I have 13 KPs for each class?  

How to word it...

Each class gets its own kp which is dependant on the level of said class - e.g. bard lvl 15: you can place 15 points into bards kp, cleric lvl 60: you can place 60 points into clerics kp.

Everytime a class levels it gets another 1 KP which can only be used for the class the level was achieved on.