Today we will be applying a new patch to add in the holiday content and many exciting changes, but our team also wanted to update the community on many ongoing issues.
We have not experienced any issues since the fix patch that was applied on Sunday, December 16th. At this point both the Nexon and the Aeria Shaiya teams are pretty confident that the issue has been resolved as the last fix was very comprehensive, however we will have a better idea after this weekend.
- Santa Trolls
- New Mount
- New accessories and lapises
- Holiday themed decorations
- New holiday hats
These items will be available for free.
Note: Accessories and hats will be wiped after the Holiday event is over. Christmas lapises and mounts will NOT be wiped.
Our team is happy to announce a new no-wait enchanting system, Perfect Lapisia. The Nexon and Aeria Shaiya teams have been working to create an enchanting system that is easier for the players. In light of the enchant re-scaling, increasing the ease of getting into higher enchants simply makes sense. The new system will include:
Note: There are different Perfect Lapisia and Perfect Lapisia Mystery boxes for Weapons and Armor
- Perfect Lapisia Mystery Box 1: Delivers a +1 enchant with 100% success item from 6 to 10.
- Perfect Lapisia Mystery Box 2: Delivers a +1 enchant with 100% success item from 11 to 15.
- Perfect Lapisia Mystery Box 3: Delivers a +1 enchant with 100% success item from 16 to 20.
- Perfect Lapisia Cube: Combines unwanted Perfect Lapisia for higher level Perfect Lapisia. (EX: Combine 3 Perfect Lapisia Lv6 to create a Lv7)
Note: We are discussing changes to the functionality of Perfect Lapisia Cubes with Nexon and will keep you updated on any adjustments.
- Power/Defense Lapisia price reduction from 399AP to 149AP. (To be updated over the next few days)
Our team aims to reduce the cost of achieving competitive enchants in order to improve Shaiya's PvP in all level zones while offering a more convenient system for the players.
Costumes are now in Shaiya! Check out some examples on our Facebook page.
There is a new slot for costumes, meaning they appear over your gear, not in place of your gear. They are usable at Lv 1, and do not have any stats, but Recreation Runes can be used on them. The orange stats will vary depending on the level of the user who is using them. Meaning, a level 80 character will receive much higher stats on a costume than a level 1. Costumes are bound per character and cannot be traded. Costumes will be available for AP and some free events.
Note: Due to the way orange stats function on costumes, we are currently not allowing any GM OJ services to be applied to costumes.
Our team aims to grow Shaiya in 2013 but I think we all agree that starting Shaiya can be difficult for new players. Many adjustments have been made to improve the experience of new players:
- New Dread Dungeon (Lv18~22) - Obtain dread gear, complete a set and receive a set bonus! [Party of 2+ to enter]
- New login, faction selection, and character selection screens
- Easy and Normal mode have been removed and Hard mode has been renamed to Basic mode.
Note: All existing Easy and Normal mode characters will have their stats adjusted to be Hard mode soon
- The experience curve from levels 1 to 20 have been reduced
- The experience gains from 1 to 20 and 22 to 25 have been slightly increased
- Some low level quests have had their requirements adjusted
- Novice Pack - Level 1 players will now receive a Novice Pack, which will deliver helpful items at level 1, 7, 14, 20, and 25.
Expected end of December / Start of January
- New PvP quest in Canyon of Greed
- There are now dungeon gatekeepers in major cities to allow players to teleport to dungeons
- Various UI adjustments (radar changes, mini-map changes, mob health bars, and a few other minor things)
- Maximum stack size of some quest items has been increased
- Game continues to run when game window is not active
- Functionality on some items changed from double-clicking to right-clicking.
Note: This is due to many players accidentally using items such as contis, pots, etc.
- There is now an "Auto" button for stat distribution that applies recommended stats
- Various minor bug fixes
Do you have friends who used to play Shaiya and stopped? With a special event starting soon, they can get back into the game without having to worry about how they can 'catch up' to the rest of the players. Reactivated old players will automatically be given a set of gifts to help them get back into the game; they will get a few helpful items every few levels.
More details to come soon.
"What about me? I never stopped playing"
All players who reach level 80 by January 9th
This does apply for all players who are currently level 80.
Shaiya in 2013
- Blackwing Mount
- Perfect Weapon Lapisia Mystery Box 3 (16-20)
- Perfect Armor Lapisia Mystery Box 3 (16-20)
After meeting for a few days with representatives from Nexon, we have some good news for the content schedule of Shaiya. 2013 is looking to be an exciting year for Shaiya with the following things being worked on:
The exact content plan is currently unknown and this list may change. Nexon will be providing further details when available
- Final implementation of pets
(You'll see there is a slot for them, however their functionality is not finished yet)
- 4v4 PvP
- New GRB
- Castle Siege System
- New PvP Points
- Further adjustments to the first sections of the game
- Enhanced guild systems
- Significant class balance adjustments
- EXP Removal Pills currently do not work! We are working to get a fix as soon as possible but please be careful.
- EXP Boosts (Such as EXP Stones) are currently not working as intended.
- Lv 7 Perfect Lapisia states it will upgrade +2, but will actually upgrade +1 like all other lapisia.
The exact timeline and expected release dates are still being worked on as many things have been shuffled around over the past few months.
Overall there are many wonderful things going on in the world of Shaiya, we're all excited for what is happening and hope you are too.