Purity2001

Rank 1
PostedDec 19, 2012 10:49 pm   Last edited by Purity2001 on Dec 20, 2012 6:37 am. Edited 11 times in total

Wilfull deception in Last Chaos USA

Photoshoped pictures in Moru of Magic Guide- ROP II: false description-
I ve decieded to make this thread, cause I really have enaugh and I think its time to make this topic public. Many of you know or suspect it already, but a lot of players dont. Before I have played in LC Germany. There, players have not been decepted like that. It was more like saying nothing. When the jewels were implemented into the game, the GMs there made a lot of testing and found, that it takes an incredible ammount of Cash Stabilizers to make a Level 3 Jewel. With the non Cash Stabilizers in the game, it was near impossible. I know that , cause I had close contact to one of the GMs and he said, that its really awful and a hoax. But the players, have been left in darkness and unknownness about that. But here it is even worse. Players get decepted with full purpose. Now, enaugh pre writing, lets get in on.

1.) Moru of Magic Guide contains false photoshoped pictures
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1805181

The pictures, where the "Victor Sword" seems to be reformed are both photoshoped. That has never happend that way. You can see that, in the lower area of the seals, where a rectangle has been copied and pasted in, to hide something. It doesnt fit to the background.
In the bottom of the pictures, you can also see, that 2 screens have been put onto each other. There are more inconsistencies in those pictures. If you open the file, you can see the data, when they ve been worked and that says the rest.
I ve marked the areas, where you can see it:
EDIT: Ok, the rectangles have been pasted there to hide the Item Number!
This Screens are NOT FAKE! yaya, I ll stand for my mistakes. Good, this point is clarified

The second thing is , if really reformed, the Potion and the glasses dissapear, like this and this is for real.
EDIT: that was , what gave me the initial kick like: "wait a minute, why in the guide it shows success 100% and the bottle and MG are still there"Very Happy
Clarified!

From the guide:

Can upgrade or downgrade seals for that gears "seal set"

Thats false.
You can get everything! What does "seal set" mean. In combination with what this fake pictures should mediate, a seal set is Eva, or Con etc. Means : B5E can go B6E or B4E right? Thats not the case. As you can see in my screenshot. Know what I mean? It can change the whole seal set, not just down or upgrade it.

EDIT: Text deleted. I was wrong. The pictures are photoshoped, but not the way I thought/said/assumed. In this case : excuse me, for suspecting you(GM/GS) for something you have not done.

I claim, that the description is changed according to what could real happen. More clear more precise. Thats the same thing as with the jewels. There players get WARNED! and here? By the way, I m not angry that i busted that helm. i did that with purpose. I m far away in lvl to use that one.

2.) ROP II: Totally false description to the disadvantage of the player

Resets to +10 if the item would have been destructed? FALSE!

Resets to +10 if the item would have been destructed or would have been set -1! TRUE!

Thats a BIG differnece, isnt it? But it wouldnt sell that good right..if player would know how it really works.Get that description changed!!

Question: why it doesnt have been changed already? Wilfull deception ladys and gentlemen.

3.) False descriptions on mystery boxes
Even here it goes on. The descriptions are false and that with purpose.
-Open this box for a chance to win each of the following. FALSE!
That mediates , the player can win more than one thing out of the list and not stating cleary, that it will be only ONE thing.
What is it ladys and gents? Right: wilfull deception.
This is the definiton of wilfull deception/deceit. Its against german law.

BGB ALLGEMEINER TEIL
Arglistige Täuschung

Eine arglistige Täuschung im Sinne des § 123 I BGB liegt vor, wenn jemand bei einem anderen vorsätzlich einen Irrtum hervorruft, um ihn zur Abgabe einer Willenserklärung zu veranlassen.

Die Täuschung kann durch Vorspiegelung falscher Tatsachen, aber auch durch einfaches Verschweigen einer Tatsache hervorgerufen werden.

Das arglistige Handeln erfordert zumindest Vorsatz, eine gezielte Absicht ist nicht erforderlich. Der arglistig Handelnde muss die Unrichtigkeit seiner Angaben kennen oder für möglich halten.

Translated:

deceit

A deception within the meaning of § 123 I BGB is when someone intentionally at another causes an error in order to induce him to submit a declaration of intent.

The deception may be caused by false pretenses, but also by simple silence about a fact.

The fraudulent act requires at least intent, targeted intention is not required. The fraudulent actor must know the falsity of his statements or thought possible.

===========================================================
US

Deceit Law & Legal Definition

Deceit is the intentional act of misleading a person of ordinary prudence by giving false impression. If a person knowingly or recklessly misrepresent a fact to another he is said to deceit the other. Tortuous liability can be imposed on a person who falsely represents a fact with the intention to make another person detrimentally rely and act upon it. The four elements of the tort of deceit are:

False representation of a fact.

Representation made with the knowledge that it is false.

Intention to make the plaintiff to act upon the belief that the fact is true.

Proof of damage sustained by the plaintiff upon acting on the false information.

Deception may involve dissimulation, distraction, camouflage, concealment, propaganda, or sleight of hand.

Nuff written. I ve sent in an RT 2 weeks ago, but no response yet. Status is :"Hold-Aeria".
This has to be put to an end, cause thats no fun. Its about real hard earned money. I only do this cause it seems like, that my RT has been stalled to get dusty with purpose. i dont even know, if Superman has read it, or some other person opend it and he never recieved it.

Greetings

Purity
Advertisement

Purity2001

Rank 1
PostedDec 19, 2012 10:51 pm
Wuo, why is that text so far to the right, or do I just see it like that?

EDIT: fixed

faely

Rank 4
PostedDec 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Re: Wilfull deception in Last Chaos USA

Purity2001 wrote:

The pictures, where the "Victor Sword" seems to be reformed are both photoshoped. That has never happend that way. You can see that, in the lower area of the seals, where a rectangle has been copied and pasted in, to hide something. It doesnt fit to the background.
In the bottom of the pictures, you can also see, that 2 screens have been put onto each other. There are more inconsistencies in those pictures. If you open the file, you can see the data, when they ve been worked and that says the rest.

The second thing is , if really reformed, the Potion and the glasses dissapear, like this and this is for real:

I think you're trying a little too hard. Doesn't matter if the picture shows the items grayed out after use. The point of the guide is to explain HOW it works and HOW to use the system. Does it matter if multiple pictures were used to create the guide? No.

From the guide:

(i.e. no you cannot get casting on arcane gloves, only weight up)

Thats false. You can get everything!

Your statement is incorrect. You cannot get casting gloves because there's no such thing (except for a few rare GM-made pieces from events long ago). The example is saying you can only get what naturally comes on the piece, not something that it won't normally get, so the example was correct as written.

This one should be changed to "one of". Will pass that along. Thank you for pointing it out.

Purity2001

Rank 1
PostedDec 19, 2012 11:23 pm

faely wrote:
Purity2001 wrote:

The second thing is , if really reformed, the Potion and the glasses dissapear, like this and this is for real:

I think you're trying a little too hard. Doesn't matter if the picture shows the items grayed out after use. The point of the guide is to explain HOW it works and HOW to use the system. Does it matter if multiple pictures were used to create the guide? No.

From the guide:

(i.e. no you cannot get casting on arcane gloves, only weight up)

Thats false. You can get everything!

Your statement is incorrect. You cannot get casting gloves because there's no such thing (except for a few rare GM-made pieces from events long ago). The example is saying you can only get what naturally comes on the piece, not something that it won't normally get, so the example was correct as written.

This one should be changed to "one of". Will pass that along. Thank you for pointing it out.

You re right in that point , my bad. I ll take that out. BUT, its wrong despite that, cause the guide mediates something, which is far away from reality. i ve explained it in the first post.
What about the ROP II? What about that?
And for me it does matter, cause I see that as a whole picture. I dont like blurred, half true half false things. And no, I m not trying to hard. Its to obvious in this case, why it has been made like it is or a true sign that they lack knowledge/information about those items. There s no other option. Second I dont believe, cause thats not fitting into the whole pic:D

Quq

Rank 3
PostedDec 19, 2012 11:51 pm
The fact that this guide was created by a customer and rather then by (anyone working for) AGE itself negates your entire story. As you can read in the Terms Of Service (-that you agreed with by playing the game-) chapter 6 says "You, and not AGE, have full responsibility for your Submissions (...)"

So .... go talk to user andaro in this case Smile

faely

Rank 4
PostedDec 19, 2012 11:59 pm

Purity2001 wrote:
faely wrote:

This one should be changed to "one of". Will pass that along. Thank you for pointing it out. EDIT:I have reported this on the incubus mystery box and it has been corrected.

Purity2001 wrote:
You re right in that point , my bad. I ll take that out. BUT, its wrong despite that, cause the guide mediates something, which is far away from reality. i ve explained it in the first post.
What about the ROP II? What about that?
And for me it does matter, cause I see that as a whole picture. I dont like blurred, half true half false things. And no, I m not trying to hard. Its to obvious in this case, why it has been made like it is or a true sign that they lack knowledge/information about those items. There s no other option. Second I dont believe, cause thats not fitting into the whole pic:D  

In my opinion, it matters not whether or not 1 actual picture from an actual use of the potion is used to make a picture guide, or if 100 pictures from 100 uses of the potion are mixed and matched together to make the picture guide, because the guide is only explaining how the process works. A + B = C.

Also, I understand your statements to a point, however, you do not have all the information, you have only what you personally experienced or seen. So while you may think there's no other option, its simply that you are unaware because you are not involved in the process.

andaro

Rank 5.1
PostedDec 20, 2012 12:22 am
I did that so you'd write something like this.
Conspiracy theories are entertaining.

Purity2001

Rank 1
PostedDec 20, 2012 1:22 am
Quq wrote:
The fact that this guide was created by a customer and rather then by (anyone working for) AGE itself negates your entire story. As you can read in the Terms Of Service (-that you agreed with by playing the game-) chapter 6 says "You, and not AGE, have full responsibility for your Submissions (...)"

So .... go talk to user andaro in this case Smile  

Andaro was GS and as he posted(lol he just deleted his post and replaced his text, mmh why did he do that?), he was "allowed" to post that and he recieved the photos from the GMs. "Now" he s just a user, but at that time, he was not right?
So its not from User to User. Its exactly as I posted. Or wait, maybe thats the trick right. If they ask a GS to do it, its a "User" who posted it and therefore AEG is not responsible. Nice move. Thats really cool, linking that guide in the "News", visible for all players, guide made by a GS, who gets photos etc. and then saying: WE are not responsible for that.
really thats what I call trustworthy.

No words. Whatever you may say or think. If there was a real testing going on, there would have been no need , to manipulate them like that and present em like that.
If a guide is linked in the official news, then the responsibility for its content should be with the GMs.

At Andaro:
b4 to b6 et vis versa is not what I m talking about. Thats whats shown in the guide. What is not shown and not said is, that it could also be B5E to G4C.
Its so easy: Player read the news and the ONLY information they get is that guide, which draws a complete false picture from how those item is working. That makes the player pump in a lot of money and in the end they ll notice. that GUIDE WAS WRONG and they ve been decepted. Have you ever read the comments in the chats ingame? Then you would know how player feel! DECEPTED!

And no one come me with: how I understand it is my thing. NO ONE will understand :

"If you press that button you will get 1 Dollar" like:
"If you press that button you can get 1 Dollar or a kick in da but"

Read the comments , read the ingame chat messages from players who are shocked and you know, that that guide is deception. Would GMs let it be that way, if Andaro would have written: "You cant get B6". NO, they would have forced him to change it, if its not true, cause that would do dmg to their money.
In this case? Its doing gooood to the money and if it would be written clearly as it is really it would lower their income. And thats why it is still like it is.

Dont try to sell me for stupid. Even a blind can see whats going on here. And Andaro, next time dont delete your post and replace it. Have the courage to stand for that, as I do for my things. May it be wrong or right.

andaro

Rank 5.1
PostedDec 20, 2012 1:29 am
Rants and raves is over yonder.

Purity2001

Rank 1
PostedDec 20, 2012 1:32 am
andaro wrote:
I can cuz I can.

Rants and raves anyone?  

Stay on topic and dont spam in my thread. Dont try to turn this into ridicule. But thats what most do if they stand with their back to the wall.