Gannonomiller

Rank 0
PostedDec 18, 2012 11:30 pm
.::Part I::.
Account Name: Gannon
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iPhone 4 iOS 6.0
Languages spoken: English

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage? I always search the message boards in order to help people that have questions and ensure that I am always friendly and helpful to make sure everyone has a pleasant gaming experience
2. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events? I have held numerous chairs on social, service, and fundraising committees, as well as being the president of two college fraternities.
3. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems? I love helping people. If I do not know the answer to a question or solution to a problem, I do everything in my power to find out to help the person. I have, many times, gone above and beyond to help someone with a question.
4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)? I have little experience with the forums, however, it is something I would like to get more involved with and more familiar with.
5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage? A Game Sage is a personal link between the Aeria team and the people that play the game. They are there to not only help with answering questions and monitoring message boards but to help the hard-working Aeria team to help ensure the players are happy with the game, participating in events, maintaining a healthy gaming environment and community
6. Why do you want to be a Game Sage for Mobile (and not another game)? Mobile is the first and only division of Aeria I have been affiliated with (close to 6 months).
7. Explain the importance of confidentiality in this position. Confidentiality is one of the most important key factors in being a Game Sage. It ensures fairness among all players in the Monster Paradise community and symbolizes a sense of respect for the Aeria team. If one of the Game Sage does not represent himself with confidentiality, then the trust, respect, ethics, and professionalism of that person is thrown out the window.
Advertisement

Rakusen

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Rakusen
PostedDec 19, 2012 12:46 am
Account Name: Rakusen
Phone: iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0
Languages Spoken: English, Chinese

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage?

For AeriaMobile, I haven't done much yet other than compile a complete list of evolutions in Magimon. However, I am currently in the process of finishing up my Born to Fire starter guide.

2. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?

I've hosted forum events in the past with mainly artistic submissions or luck of the draws. Other than those, I've also had PvP events in Metal Assault (retired game) and a few random trivias in Grand Fantasia.

3. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?

I mostly attempt to answer the questions before they can be asked. This is done by writing guides and redirecting them to a certain section or, if particularly lazy at the moment, I'd just give a short and concise answer.

4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)?

I've been a frequent forum lurker and I'm known to have inputs here and there, but I haven't been on forums much lately because of finishing college classes.

5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage?

A Game Sage is someone that is supposed to help you not because it's their job, but because they enjoy helping you. They're responsible for helping others, answering questions, correcting mistakes, hosting events, and being the players' connection with the GMs. There is no such thing as a good Game Sage in my opinion, because each game has a separate requirement. However, I believe there are "appropriate" Game Sages which do everything they can for the game, within reason.

6. Why do you want to be a Game Sage for Mobile (and not another game)?

I mainly want to be a Game Sage for AeriaMobile because it's the only Aeria game I play at the moment with any regularity. However, I'd be more focused for Magimon, because it's the game that I play the most.

7. Explain the importance of confidentiality in this position.

Confidentiality is of the utmost importance in this position. I've seen situations where GMs have kicked asses and taken names due to some issues in confidentiality, however, some leeway is allowed if given permission.

Contact Us~Don't be afraid to ask for help~Terms of Service~

Khaine_RIP

Rank 2
Khaine_RIP
PostedDec 19, 2012 1:11 am
Account Name: Khaine_RIP [ign Apooss]
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iPad 3 and iPhone 5 (both latest iOS)
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish (all fluent)

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage?
I have joined a few small guilds and taught people the best way to level, train a good team of monsters, how to fuse efficiently etc. with my iphone account. Participate regularly on Aeria Forum.
If it is extended to other games then I have been a major contributor to the Shaiya community for several years where I have been a GS for more than 2 years (had to resign when I moved from the UK to Saudi Arabia).

Been a GS in Shaiya for more than 2 years, organised hundreds of events. I know how to manage the discussion, keep the crowd under control, answer questions quickly and efficiently and deal with special requests.

Again, been a GS for more than 2 years. Refering to ToS answers many questions, having in depth knowledge of the game is the other main aspect.

4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)?
Do I repeat it again? Ask [PM]Tactics (he was a GM back in the days), GM Tankgirl, … Well over 500 forum posts speaks for itself.

5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage?
Know your ToS like you carved them in stone yourself, be friendly at all time, even under pressure, NEVER use swear words, answer all the questions you are able to, involve the GM only when absolutely necessary through the usual way (cannot put more detail than that on the open forum), organise events when you can and when the crowd is responsive, make friends, lots of them (they will help you helping others, you cannot know everything but you can know someone who knows). Be fair but follow the rules like Judge Dredd, no favouritism. Never criticise a GM’s decision on the open forum... And most importantly... Have fun !
(oh and there is the monthly activity report, hated that one ;op)

I loved being a GS and help the community but internet connections are so poor here, I can’t play MMO anymore (ping problem rather than pure connection speed). However, I can play mobile games and I really like it ! So it is joining both together really.

Confidentiality is very important because we have to protect Aeria customers: an account gets hacked very easily. Private life matters, GM’s peace, simply professionalism and discipline. (seen a lot of young GSs getting expelled from the program for distributing too much info over the years when I was a GS).

coughlin

Rank 0
PostedDec 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Game Sage Application

I aided in forming a Halo Guild which contains 13 participants. I also help when these participants experience technical difficulties such as white screen glitches, aided in teaching others how to participate constructively in the games, and have answered questions pertaining to Guild vs Guild battles.

I am the treasure of Central Florida College’s Florida’s Future Educators Association club. In this club I am using organizational skills to keep the funds balanced, organize overnight seminars, help complete recruitment of participants, and instrumentally aid in organizing fundraisers.

Within the game team members send board notices to me and email me questions prior to turning to the GM. At CF the club members all have input to the proceedings. However, due to my position with regard to finances I have a heavier responsibility in directing the use of said funds.

Monster Paradise chat, swap, strategy. However, I am disappointed that Magimon and Pirate Maidens do not have forums.

To me a Game Sage is looking out for the best interest of the community. They are a person that knows the answer to the problems at hand or knows where to go to find said answers. The main responsibility in my opinion is to aid the community and ensure that the community does not end in chaos. They are to respond quickly to all inquiries. A good Game Sage must have real good patience’s and logic.

I would like to be a Game Sage with mobile before all others because I have this game with me at all times and find that within my spare moments I am logging on to either play the game or read the forum comments. If I find a comment that I know the answer to I am always writing on their wall the answers.

My mother was a Mental Health Counselor and I worked within a hospital at one time. I know confidentiality. There are people out there that love to play these games. However, they do not want others to know that they are within a role playing game.

bomackin

Rank 0
bomackin
PostedDec 20, 2012 11:49 am

GS Application.

Account name:Bomackin
Device:Ipod
Languages spoken:English.
1:What contributions have I made that would show I would be a good GS?
A:well... I have been on the in-game msg board a lot, and have helped many people find what they need,I have tried my best to encourage people to respect the rules and to follow the appropriate processes to make appeals. Many people can vouch for me there.
2:What experience do I have in running/hosting organizational events?
A: I have spent over 200 hours (well over) In voulintireing for A ministry,And have been on its leadership team for over a year now and have assisted in many out of state projects as a leader/organizer.So... not much... but I have experience.
3: what experience do I have in helping people solve their problems?
A: well... ask on the in game msg board. The proof is there. Anytime I see someone with a question I can help with, I help them.... so... I guess that's it. I'll let my work speak for itself.
4:What experience do I have with the Aeria forum community? 
A:Well... so far only in monster Paradise... so, rather little, but in the MP in-game msg board, I have been very active. and am on it a lot.
5:What do I think a game sage is etc.
A: To me aGame Sage is a protector of the people. It is a Game Sage's job to know and make known the rules(i.e. the ToS) Their purpose is to be a guid to help people know when they pull an "oops" and to show them how to correct their actions. Their job is to point to the ToS(etc.) as their source of authority. They are here to make the GM's job easier, and to make aeria successful.
6:Why do I want to be a game sage?
A: well... I love MP. it is my favorite mobile game. I have a burning desire for everyone to know the truth(many character/personality tests have shown that i do....) so as I play MP, I already find myself trying to do the job of a GS and have been told I should be one, It would also be an interesting experience to learn from!
7:What is the importance of confidentiality in this position? 
A:Any personal information is just that. personal, and should stay that way.
I mean, there is really nothing else left to say about it.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Bfc313

Rank 0
PostedDec 20, 2012 1:39 pm

GS APPLICATION

Applying
::Part I::.
Account Name: BFC
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): Iphone
Languages spoken: English

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage? Ive supported new players in various guilds and provided assistance as far as chat and strategy posts and am an avid trader
2. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events? managed a food establishment and was a referee for such events on GameBatlles.com
3. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems? ive worked in the customer service field for 5 + years including sales experience
4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)? I have Played Monster Paradise since it came out and would like to be familiar with the forum community as a whole.
5. What do you think a Game Sage is? I think a Game Sage is a person used to mediate and assist through out the game/games so others may fix issues. What are their main responsibilities? keeping a fun game based community. Making sure friendly fun and active people as well as non active people enjoy their experience and any questions get answered quickly What makes a good Game Sage? Personally i feel a good GS would be anyone who the community knows and trusts as well as an active member of the gaming society who knows enough about the game to help new people and veterans with anything they may need.
6. Why do you want to be a Game Sage for Mobile (and not another game)? Because i play on a daily basis and feel that if given the chance i could help alot of people to better understand the game and fix any issues people may be having without needing to ban anyone from talking or playing.
7. Explain the importance of confidentiality in this position. You must remain silent about anything and everything told you , in my position at work i cant disclose anything about our techniques styles products or any other relative material unless authorized to do so. If there is something that shouldnt get out its for a good reason and trust should be given to the higher ups for making that call.

.::Part II::.
1. Account Name:
2. Languages:
3. When did you start playing Mobile games? Do you play any non-Aeria Mobile games? If so, which ones?:
4. How much time do you spend playing per week?:
5. What time are you usually online? (PST):
6. Have you ever been banned or had any disciplinary action taken against you? If so, please explain:
7. Are you willing to stop all level/equipment/character advancement, so that you have time for Game Sage Duties?:
8. Are you at least 16 years of age?:
9. Link to Part I of your application:

Damy666

Rank 0
PostedDec 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Want to be GS

Part 1:
Accountname:Damy-666
Phone/device: iPhone 3gs
Language spoken:Dutch, English and german

1 The people i have helped within monster paradise.

2 I dont have any experience of running/Hosting à event.

3 I have helped lost of people with finding à solution to there problems.

4 I am don't have any excperience with the forums here, But at i have excperience with the monster paradise forums in game.

5 gamesages are in my opinion people who help the gamemasters and solve people there problems.

6 To help people and that i get somemore respect.

7 if the gamemasters aren't online who else could be contacted easly by player search?

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedDec 22, 2012 7:29 pm   Last edited by sdsdssdsds on Jan 04, 2013 10:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Account Name: sevenski (Monster Paradise)
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): Samsung Galaxy 2 skyrocket edition (Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich)
Languages spoken: English, Thai

I try to be pretty helpful in different shoutboxes at times, and in forums when I get the chance. I concurrently just started playing Mobile Games as of the 12/15/2012 since I just got a new phone for christmas.
*Edited* if we're talking about Aeria Games wise N/A, but if we're including real life then I have some experiences with hosting cultural events within the past year for work while students from other countries came to stay in CA for the academic school year. Whether it was icebreaker events, some school events, trip planning etc, I had done it, among other duties combined along with my job.
Have some experience due to problems in other game forums, helping users mainly with technical issues, and/or questions that they may have pertaining to their game.
Crystal Saga, Tend to be more active here than most other forums due to this being the first game I had started playing when I joined Aeria back in July.
A Game Sage should be available most once in a while throughout specific hours of the day to their designated location, whether it be in shoutbox, and/or in game, whether it be helping answer questions that any newcomers and or other players have at the time. They should also be semi-detailed, and be able to multitask with specific game sage duties as specified and set forth by Aeria themselves when neccesary as well.
Truth be told here, I did apply elsewhere for GS from before, but I have never heard back what so ever, and was told when I sent in a contact, and I was told I was allowed to apply elsewhere. I would also like to join the likes from what I heard about the great community GameSages, and other players alike in Aeria Mobile Games, as I consider it a new venture away from browser games, and/or other Aeria Games I have previously played.
The confidentiality in this position of being a GameSage is a pretty big responsibility given certain tasks that many GameSages come across. Gamesages at all times should keep the conversation between them and the user they are talking with ONLY, and not spreading it elsewhere, whether they were talking to the employees of Aeria at the time, and/or speaking with players of the respective games. (The only difference given here though is that if a player has a question that cannot be answered by the GameSage directly is that, when they are either told to contact a GM, from the respective game themselves, and/or the GameSage would have to help with this duty, of talking to the Aeria employees about that matter at hand)

MollySmith

Rank 0
MollySmith
PostedDec 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Gs :):)

I would like to be one:)
My name is mollysmith
I play on my ipad Smile
I live in usa Smile
I've been playing aeria games for 2 years! I played last chos, then you guys said try mp. Been here ever sence Smile I love mp! I help any one I can, and I'm very chatty Smile I'm good with forms and the feeds on Mp:) I only speck English. Never Been baned from any of my accounts:) had lots of fun with mp.
I'm on all though the day, always! SmileSmile
Hope to hear from uSmile
Flareous wrote:
this thread is for applications only!!!

all feedback should be directed here: -Feedback Thread-

good luck to all applicants.

Crystal

tsunamiwavess

Rank 2
tsunamiwavess
PostedDec 23, 2012 1:48 pm
Account Name: tsunamiwavess
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): ITouch and Android
Languages spoken: English, non-fluent spanish, slight french

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage? I love helping others when a GS or GM is not around it's like a sense of urge. I'm probably know more in A.V.A forums but I hope I can get a chance here. I've made multiple threads concerning many prior issues such as the spam exploit and how it could be fixed and many more I can not remember.

I have none whatsoever but rather a participant 99.9% of the time. Most predominant reason is I probably never got the chance to.

Numerous! Helping others is an instinct to me and something I'll continue to do whether I'm chosen or not. Especially mobile Wink thats my strongest criteria.

4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)? I'm mostly known in A.V.A forums but better yet I'm a forum roamer so you'll able to see me in various forums mainly AVA, Last Chaos, Wolf Team, Soldier Front, and Gunz

A Gamesage should be an example of a great forum or better yet a leader and helper. Their main responsibility should be helping others and helping GMs sustain peace, helpfulness, and most importantly joy to our whole community base. What makes a good game sage or rather great game sage is spreading their knowledge, respectful,helpful, and always consistent on task.

6. Why do you want to be a Game Sage for Mobile (and not another game)? I can easily say when I am on forums 90% of the time I am mobile and not only that but I feel I have a better chance here and to prove myself. I'm always active nearly everyday so no doubt I'll be helping you guys out!

Theres going to be ups and downs which I've learned from already and you can't just think you're going to automatically earn that respect. I'm determined to work hard and be consistent if I'm give this position. No doubt in my mind I'll excel if I'm given this chance.

Posted By Aeria Mobile