GMMochi

GameMaster: USA
GMMochi
PostedDec 18, 2012 6:15 pm   Last edited by GMMochi on Jan 17, 2013 8:44 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Game Sage Application for Aeria Mobile!

We need more Game Sages!
It's Game Sage application time!

To learn more about the requirements for becoming a Game Sage, click here.

.::Aeria Mobile Game Sage Applications::.

It is very important that you read this entire post before submitting your application. Failure to properly submit your application will result in disqualification.

Deadline: 01/07/2013 11:59pm PST

There are two parts to this application. Part I is to be posted as a response to this thread, and will be visible to everyone on the forums. Part II will be submitted via RT (please select Monster Paradise from Contact Us) and only the GM team will read it.

Because Part I is viewable by everyone, and Game Sages have a very public face, we feel it is important to ask the community for their feedback on the applicants. Do not post this feedback here, it will be removed. We have created a thread for you to do so here.

While we are mostly looking for Game Sages on our forums, we are accepting applicants who do not have a huge forum presence as well.

Remember to be truthful in all of your answers. When applications close, the thread will be locked and I will begin the application review process.

If you have any questions about the application or the Game Sage position, feel free to send a PM to any of the Mobile Game Masters!

.::Part I::.
Account Name:
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc):
Languages spoken:

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage?
2. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?
3. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?
4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)?
5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage?
6. Why do you want to be a Game Sage for Mobile (and not another game)?
7. Explain the importance of confidentiality in this position.

.::Part II::.
1. Account Name:
2. Languages:
3. When did you start playing Mobile games? Do you play any non-Aeria Mobile games? If so, which ones?:
4. How much time do you spend playing per week?:
5. What time are you usually online? (PST):
6. Have you ever been banned or had any disciplinary action taken against you? If so, please explain:
7. Are you willing to stop all level/equipment/character advancement, so that you have time for Game Sage Duties?:
8. Are you at least 16 years of age?:
9. Link to Part I of your application:

Thank you all for your interest, and good luck! Remember to get your apps in on time to be considered! :3

The feedback on applicants can be found here!

P.S.: It is a HUGE plus if you play multiple Aeria Mobile games and if you're active on the forums. Thank you!
Advertisement

Flareous

Rank 4
Flareous
PostedDec 18, 2012 6:23 pm
this thread is for applications only!!!

all feedback should be directed here: -Feedback Thread-

good luck to all applicants.

<br> Siggy and Avatar by Rabbittt :3

HugoWyatt

Rank 0
HugoWyatt
PostedDec 18, 2012 7:14 pm
Account Name: Hugo-Wyatt
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iPhone 4S IOS 6
Languages spoken: English

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage?
Answer: I have upon many occasions offer advice to plenty of players and also tried to promote a healthy and active community, I have taken time to obtain a good overall understanding to help players.
Answer: I have participated in many events I have organised a East meets West fashion show to raise money for local and global charity's which I managed to raise over £1500 for each charity I have also managed to raise enough money to sponcer a local charity that gets children off the streets and gets them to play football I was also a Cub Scout leader while I was working there I organised theatre shows and fund raisers to raise money for this charitable organisation.
Answer: After studying drama and theatre this has allowed me to listen to multiple opinions and take all aspects of a situation into account this allows me to understand and help out people who need it, I was also the local press officer and student union photographer so I was constantly taking an interests in people's problems and trying to find a way to resolve them.
4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)?
Answer: I often check the forums to see what is being discussed but have found no reason to post because I felt it wasn't my place however on the monster paradise message board I'm rather active and take a great interest in what's going on and try my best to promote a healthy community.
5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage?
Answer: a game sage is someone who encourages a friendly and well manors community responcibilities include monitoring message boards reporting issues to GM's and and to promote a healthy attitude on the message boards. A good game sage is someone who will listen to others aswell as making sure that the matter at Hand is resolved in a professional manner.
Answer: I have been playing monster paradise now for over 6 months and have obtained a great understand of the game and would love to promote a healthy game experience for as long as I can.
Answer: confidentiality is of upmost importance personal information of other players must not be disclosed and if for any reason a g.s has a knowledge of something going on they must keep it to themselves unless informed by a GM.

austonpollock

Rank 0
austonpollock
PostedDec 18, 2012 7:42 pm

application

Account Name: Pollock
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): Ipod Touch
Languages spoken: English Spanish and ASL

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage? I have Done Give aways to help out new members and i always try to help out new members
2. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events? i have worked in groups and been the project leader many times within work and school always done very good
3. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems? im very good explainer and very patient i also know alot about the game (monster paradise)
4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)?i come on here to chat with people and stay in contact with other people
5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage? i personally think that a gamesage is someone who is there to remind people of the rules and be a person that the population of monster paradise can talk to and can help people out as well in a respectful manner
6. Why do you want to be a Game Sage for Mobile (and not another game)? I really like the work aeria has done with mnster paradise and i am on everyday and have a blast and havin this position i would be able to help people more than i already do
7. Explain the importance of confidentiality in this position. To keep all matters that i am informed of confidential as keep it between me and the person that informed me

dragon10699

Rank 0
PostedDec 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Application

Account Name: Zox
Device: iTouch 4th generation (iOS 6.1)
Languages: Punjabi (verbal not written) and primarily English
1. I have helped answer questions, helped people by directing them to Aeria Website, directed them to proper people who could help such as GS, attempted to end fights in threads, and try to keep proper threads in proper area (Chat/Swap/Strategy). Although, I've had trouble and got involved in negative ways attempting to end a quarrel.
2. I have no current experience.
3. I have average experience in aiding people but it could become a priority for me.
4. I have attended the in game (Monster Paradise) and online forums for assistance and answers to questions.
5. I believe a game sage is a person who volunteers to aid Game Staff and higher authorities to monitor the forums and help make the game a cleaner and fun gaming environment, and answer questions when GMs are not available. I believe a good game sage is respectful, kind, patient, responsible, and considerate.
6. I want to be a game sage so I can help out the community, be better informed about issues so I can aid in explanations to public, end pointless offensive threads, stop spamming, and stop offensive attacks on fellow players. I cannot promise I'll be able to do all this but I will try . It would be wonderful to help out the gaming environment.
7. I understand special, personal, and important information should not be released to public unless told to by GM or higher authority to release information. If this information was released the game would be spoiled and knowing the players, the information would be spread instantaneously.
Thank you for reading. I hope I have the potential to be honored with the title: GS.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

AmazingKain123

Rank 0
PostedDec 18, 2012 7:54 pm

gs application

Account Name: Kain123
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iPad1

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage? I have helped the public with many questions, needs, and problems
2. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events? at my school, I have organized some fundraisers
3. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems? I have helped other players with their needs and questions
4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)? I have been an active member who is very active in the forums
5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game
Sage? I believe a game sage is one who is there to help the public and make a safer, more effective game environment. A good game sage is someone who helps the public, and also has been helped so that they can know the feeling of being frustrated and use that knowledge to help the community
6. Why do you want to be a Game Sage for Mobile (and not another game)? because this is my favorite site, and your games are great. also I see how the public needs help, so I would like to be the one to help
7.Explain the importance of confidentiality in this position. I believe that I must not disclose personal information about any player that would affect their reputation, unless it is unorderly and must be reported to a GM.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

dirtydan1995

Rank 0
PostedDec 18, 2012 8:22 pm

GS Applicatin

Account Name: BBCisKing
Phone/Device: Ipod Touch 4th Generation
Languages: English, partial Spanish

1. I have assisted the community, including new players, and helping to provide instruction to help them with questions or issues
2. I have helped to organize local television productions for town events, along with organizing Xbox Live games with multiple people
3. I answer questions whenever possible and am very approachable and friendly
4. I have been a member of Aeria Games for approximatly 4 months and have particiated in multiple forums
5. An effective Game Sage (GS) is one who is not only integrated in the community, but is still a symbol of authority as well as a friendly figure to the players. Some of their responsiblities include making the game environment more enjoyable, being integrit with their peers and the community and keeping a sense of confidentiality with future events
6. I have played Monster Paradise for months now and it has, at times, been a great place of solace and entertainment. I want to be more involved in the community and would love to be able to have a bigger role in making Monster Paradise more enjoyable and safer for the players
7. In order to maintain an element of surprise and to make the game more exciting, certain events should not be disclosed to the public until the event happens

kiomoro

Rank 0
kiomoro
PostedDec 18, 2012 9:06 pm
Account Name: Kiomoro
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iTouch 4th Gen

Answer: I have answered questions on game message boards. I ensure that people do not low blow or cheat other players. I keep the game enjoyable and fun for everyone. I do my best to participate in all game events. I also put others before myself.
Answer: I am a volunteer at a newcomer youth centre. We run lots of events for new youths who have just arrived to Canada. I often host these events to bring a warm feeling to their nervous hearts. Not only that I am on my schools Student Council. We are in charge of school wide events such as school dances, school games, etc.
Answer: I was a tutor to young kids before and I would attend elemntary schools every wednesday of the week to help them with school. I also help a number of students in my school and past schools as a peer mediator. I help to solve situations and problems between people.
Answer: I do not have any experience in this field. Although I am not involved now, I hope to be more involved with the community whether I become a Game Sage or not.
Answer: A Game Sage is a volunteer who helps other players. Their main responibilities are to help others and to put others before themselves, to work together with GMs to make the game more enjoyable for everyone, and to keep the gaming community a safe and fun place to be by enforcing rules or reminding other players of the ToS. A good Game Sage is a good friend. A good Game Sage is someone that any player, no matter the relationship, can go to for help or just for a good conversation.
Answer: I would like to be a Game Sage for Mobile because the games I play are on Mobile. I don't play many other games except for Mobile games. I haven't had the experience of Aeria's computer games because my computer would be too slow to run them. Also I have been playing Monster Paradise for over a year and its one of the best games that I have played and I can never get sick of it.
Answer: Confidentiality in this position is the most important thing. The information exchanged between GMs about game events or news should not be shared ahead of time. Also personal information about player should NEVER be publicized for anyone to know. Being a Game Sage means to be secretive about things going on that the public should not know of.

Stand aside...I'll show you how its done

morin523

Rank 0
PostedDec 18, 2012 10:08 pm
Account Name: Demigod523
Phone/Device: iPhone 4s

In game there are many players who know me, I would like to think that to most of them I am seen as a nice, engaging and knowledgeable person. I like to spend a lot of time helping others and it shows, I have a lot of friends in game and I try to act as a moderating factor in the community. In most of what I do I am trying to help the community and the game, I really enjoy Monster Paradise, and I want to help it succeed.
I am currently the head of an after school program that takes care of kids ages 5-9, and during the summers I am a counselor in a summer camp with 180 children grades K-6. In both programs we routinely participate in large group activities. During summer camp we take field trips almost every day to various places. These trips must be set up in advance by either myself or my boss; since average capacity in each individual camp is 45 children there is often a lot of planning and foresight that goes into every trip, particularly when those trips are to local businesses.
Working with large groups of children is great experience at finding solutions to problems, especially when you consider that younger children tend to be a very hard group to please when they are upset. Working with the children has allowed me to many opportunities to both problem solving and resolve conflict. You learn how to work with multiple people, understand all sides of the arguments, and find solutions that are acceptable to both sides, this experience is invaluable when working with large communities of people. Working with kids also entails working with their parents; sometimes parents are more difficult to deal with than their children. This has given me experience with people of many different ages during many different circumstances, both good and bad. Additionally, I have done four years of research on DNA repair in a lab at my university. Scientific research is all about examining problems and finding innovative solutions to find answers. Sometimes this involves using old techniques in new ways, or even inventing entirely new techniques to use. The work also involves interacting and working together with other researchers on those complex problems.
Honestly I don't have much experience with the online forum, but I do have a good presence on the in game forum for Monster Paradise. I will routinely engage with other players and offer advice or help. A large number of people in game know me and I believe I have a positive image and am seen as helpful by people in the game.
A Game Sage is someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in game. They act as moderators within the community as well as an additional connection between players and the GMs. A Game Sage is there to help players with questions regarding the processes of the game, they are there to help inform the community of important matters and to act as a voice of moderation on the forums. They make sure rules are followed and can serve as a system to relay problems in game to the GMs. A good Game Sage is someone who is present in the community and is always willing to help other players. The good Game Sage is courteous but must also be decisive and commanding when the situation calls for it. That doesn't mean that they aren't fun, and so a good Game Sage should be someone who is respected and if possible, liked, by the community.
Mobile is how I was introduced to Aeria, it was the first introduction to the company and it is where I feel the most at home. In addition to this I am never anywhere without my phone which allows me a much larger frame of time to be online and interacting with the community.
As a Game Sage confidentiality is extremely important, this is for the sake of both Aeria and the players. For Aeria confidentiality is business, information such as upcoming events or game mechanics questions are vital to the success of the game, and as such anything regarding these issues must remain with only those that Aeria has chosen to inform. For players, their issues are between Aeria and the player. When acting as a go between any information is only the property of those two entities, in the same way I would not want someone disclosing my personal or private information I would not disclose information from someone else.

slogan382

Rank 0
PostedDec 18, 2012 10:34 pm

GS application

Account Name:Angry101
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iPhone 4S IOS 6

Answer: advice . help locating items. sound answers and peaceful remedies
Answer: I have participated in many events and activities where there were strict dead lines and huge tasks. I work daily with community organizations
Answer:I have been a police officer for 13 years and thats kind of what I do . I am fair and honest
Answer: I speak once and a while but only if im sure of an answer as I dont want to put false info out.
Answer: a game sage is someone whomonitors the community advises GM's of issues and
Answer:I've been playing monster paradise for a while and would like to help guide the game in a positive direction to keep it the great game it is . and its the only game I really play.
Answer: confidentiality is important to avoid in game and out of game problems such as harrassment bullying even identity theft. We have to do all we can to keep the community as safe and freindly as possible.