Vaz612

Rank 0
PostedDec 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Samurai or Martial Artist

I'm new to the game and want to mainly play as a melee DPS class, but I'm stuck between Melee or Martial Artist. I was drawn to MA at first because of the evasion builds, but I heard Samurai can have similar builds.

Is one accepted as better, or does each have its own role?
Advertisement

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedDec 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Re: Samurai or Martial Artist

Vaz612 wrote:
I'm new to the game and want to mainly play as a melee DPS class, but I'm stuck between Melee or Martial Artist. I was drawn to MA at first because of the evasion builds, but I heard Samurai can have similar builds.

Is one accepted as better, or does each have its own role?  

Own roles. MA is single target, Samurai is AoE. Samurai has decent single target dps, MA is just usually better. Also, MA is great for PvP, Samurai usually PvE.

Vaz612

Rank 0
PostedDec 18, 2012 1:34 pm

katashi65 wrote:
Own roles. MA is single target, Samurai is AoE. Samurai has decent single target dps, MA is just usually better. Also, MA is great for PvP, Samurai usually PvE.  

I probably want MA then, as while I'm interested in getting into a guild and doing territory wars, I don't think I'll be online often enough to be very contribution to a guild.

Thanks!

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedDec 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Vaz612 wrote:
katashi65 wrote:

I probably want MA then, as while I'm interested in getting into a guild and doing territory wars, I don't think I'll be online often enough to be very contribution to a guild.

Thanks!  

Have fun! MA is one of the classes that many people consider overpowered. Needs to be built well, of course, but its damage output is pretty stunning.