yulli

Rank 4
PostedDec 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Re: Aeria Games and Gamepot merging to create global company

Superman0X wrote:
We would like to announce that Aeria Games and GamePot have merged to create global company.  

what?? Surprised Shocked

the Japanese Gamepot? or the USA Gamepot? or both?
Advertisement

sddasaf

Rank 0
PostedDec 17, 2012 1:04 pm
Gamepot USA died horribly. Most of their code and members moved to independent services, there's someone who still hosts Alteil based on what Gamepot USA did with it.

Given that the articles clearly say it's a GLOBAL move, this means Aeria is merging with them and cooperate to release western versions of their games if possible.

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedDec 17, 2012 1:14 pm
andaro wrote:
How will this affect the service to the current player base?  

This shouldn't have any immediate effect or visible change for the current user base(s) of either company. This will provide additional (but not visible) back-end support and development that will provide long term benefits.
andaro wrote:
Will this give the Santa Clara office any more available resources such as engineering power?  

Yes. GamePot brings with it multiple development teams. These additional resources (and experience) will be available to Aeria Games with this merger.
andaro wrote:
How soon (projected) do you think we could begin to see positive changes (like enhancements and upgrades) to the website, and Ignite Platform?  

We have people in both companies working on this right now. We dont have a firm ETA, but these are some of the key areas that we would like to improve on.

yulli wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
We would like to announce that Aeria Games and GamePot have merged to create global company.  

what?? Surprised Shocked

the Japanese Gamepot? or the USA Gamepot? or both?  

Both. The whole company.

xSerenitas wrote:
Will we see more PMs and GMs being hired to cover all of Aeria's titles, including the ones acquired from Gamepot, or will current PMs and GMs now be covering more than two or three games?  

We prefer to move existing staff (PM/GM) to new games for the launch, and then hire more for the existing games. Launching a new product is difficult enough, without having to learn the job at the same time.
xSerenitas wrote:
Aside from game titles, what other resources will you acquire from Gamepot?  

At this time it is actually more development resources, and experience.
xSerenitas wrote:
Does this merger mean that Aeria will have a more diverse engineering team?  

Most definitely. GamePot has resources both for game development, as well as for development of other resources (Ignite, Websites, etc).
xSerenitas wrote:
How will this merger affect the way Aeria treats its playerbase? Will we start to see some noticable overall improvements?  
You should expect to see the same high quality service that you have had in the past. It will only improve as the tools we use to do this are improved.
glapfir wrote:

I`m confused,didn`t nexon buy Shaiya from choi rock? if nexon is a rival of aeria then why is nexon letting their rival aeria games publish shaiya which is owned by Nexon?
Why isn`t nexon publishing Shaiya, since they own it, and are a rival publisher of aeria games?
Things that make you go hmmm?  

Aeria publishes games from several of our 'rivals'. Sometimes they find that it is better to use us to publish their games than to do it ourselves.

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedDec 17, 2012 1:35 pm
What does this means?

What changes will it be?

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedDec 17, 2012 1:37 pm
Wow, thank you very much for answering my questions! I really appreciate it. <3

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedDec 17, 2012 1:43 pm
After doing a little extra reading, I've seen something.

Gamepot is owned by Sony (or So-Net, a Sony subsidiary), does this mean that Aeria is now technically partnered with or influenced by Sony Online Entertainment?

Zaebja

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
Zaebja
PostedDec 17, 2012 2:00 pm
Ugh why are you doing another merge when you aren't even done with the IJJI merge and it's been nearly a year since that announcement...

IGN: Curaja <Curse> | Whipper Guide Soon to be Edited

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedDec 17, 2012 2:00 pm
Development teams. Does this mean Aeria might now buy the rights to some of the games currently published and put their own Devs to work on them (i.e., does this mean Aeria will now save certain games published by Aeria from the undesirable trends in which their current Devs have been going)?

Global Company. Does this mean the long-needed and long-desired 24/7 Staff support will finally manifest?

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedDec 17, 2012 2:04 pm   Last edited by LordRapthorne on Dec 17, 2012 2:14 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Giovanna_X wrote:

Global Company. Does this mean the long-needed and long-desired 24/7 Staff support will finally manifest?  

I doubt it, there will be global offices and each office will handle it's specific localisations, same as Aeria has always done.

As for buying out rights to the games, I doubt that would even be considered unless it was financially feasible. a full game development team isn't exactly cheap, and working from someone else's product isn't an easy thing. I doubt LC or any other published client based game will be fully under Aeria control at any point in time.

edit: Plus, you know, the game developers and controlling powers would have to actually be willing to sell the rights, and if they're making profit off it, I doubt that will happen.

lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedDec 17, 2012 2:07 pm
So they're merging in to us or we're merging in to them?

Also, it would be nice if this means we would FINALLY have a 24/7 GM/staff support presence, but I know that's not going to happen.