Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedDec 28, 2012 12:09 pm
faely wrote:
Picchuu wrote:
minuzaki wrote:
Picchuu wrote:
Honestly, I think Barunson (Last Chaos) and X-Legend(Grand Fantasia) have made far too much money from those titles, respectively, to ever really want to give them up, no matter how big that payment from Aeriapot would be. And also, Aeria would have to deal with all the other publishers for those two games (or one, whatever) from then on, which is 6 for GF (not counting the fact that aeria publishes 6 other versions), and at least 1 other for LC (all I could find atm was a Spanish server, but I'm assuming there's more than that one). Our version isn't the center of everything, and I'd rather see them get to publish new games than try to fix up old games (almost 7/5 years, respectively).

Again, our version isn't the center of everything.  
OMG Yay! Someone else using Aeriapot as a name. (Is it sad that thats the first thing that caught my eye?) But on a serious note, I understand that our versions aren't the center of anything, but at the same time I'd rather work on something old then try to pitch off something new. While new games may have more appeal, veteran players take up a very large portion of Aeria. And I know for a fact that while some of them welcome new games, some of their minds only appeal to certain games. Ex: I came here for Grand Fantasia CB and that only. The only other game that looks even remotely interesting to me is LO. See what I'm trying to pull? Sure, their are new presents under the tree, but we can't forget the old classic toys in the toybox.  

And I'm not saying that they shouldn't work on improving their old titles. I guess it's just that, I've seen games where the developers basically implemented anything that was suggested that got even a little bit of attention from other players, and those games turned to crap pretty quickly, and what's left of the community is continually fighting over what they want the devs to implement. Which is why I think that games like Last Chaos, Grand Fantasia, and Shaiya should stay with their respective developers, but have Aeriapot take GOOD suggestions, make a strong case for them, and hope they get implemented, instead of just buying up the development rights and listening to absolutely whatever was thrown at them.  

This doesn't work with Barunson. They only put in what they want, take out what they want, fix what they want, or don't fix anything at all. They don't take player suggestions or GM suggestions. An old game doesn't mean a lost game and anyone that's been around LC at all in the last couple years will tell you its obvious that Barunson could give a hoot whether or not the game survives anymore. EVERY SINGLE PATCH has something wrong with it, and its forced to be put in. We lost a great PM due to Barunson complaining that he fought them too much to put in actual working content without breaking something else in the process. LC is and always will be strictly in the hands of the developers and while there are other versions, each one is patched and developed differently so I still support purchasing the rights to develop OUR version and fix it. LC was the foundation for Aeria. It's still got a lot of potential and a large number of players would return and spend even more if it had the developer support it needs.

There are other non-Aeria games out there that are older and still running, and running well. Game age means nothing. Support means everything. I honestly don't know why long-term players/games are consistently neglected industry-wide and the push is always always for new players/spenders/games. If players are willing to spend the money playing the old games they deserve equal support.

Which PM did we lose and was it really because of something like that? If so then it's probably best aeria cut their ties with such a company that has no interest in the success of a game. I can honestly say I know a few games still running strong from 2k, online games, still profitable at that. Maybe not at their peak strength which happened from 2003-2010, but still going and still has a lot of players and makes quite a bit of money from it on one game.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."
Advertisement

titus_oh

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2012 11:32 pm
Hi everybody, File update fail u're from server side [ 11071,0,0,0] DF: UPdate.U.... i can't start play the games needed some help here can guide me thanks, i am new here

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedJan 03, 2013 7:59 am
Oh gosh, this was kept pretty quiet tbh, not many major gaming sites mentioned this at all.

First time I've ever heard of Gamepot....so that isn't really a good sign, why oh why have you not merged with X-Legend lol ...I still think thats the best choice, obvs I'll be happy with whatever choice if it means you acquiring KS again...a boy can dream.

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJan 03, 2013 8:34 am
gin1010ger wrote:
Oh gosh, this was kept pretty quiet tbh, not many major gaming sites mentioned this at all.

First time I've ever heard of Gamepot....so that isn't really a good sign, why oh why have you not merged with X-Legend lol ...I still think thats the best choice, obvs I'll be happy with whatever choice if it means you acquiring KS again...a boy can dream.  

Aeria has a long history with GamePot. This company was sold by Aeria to So-Net years ago. They operate in Asia so it is not unusual that you are not familiar with them.

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedJan 03, 2013 9:21 am
Ooh sounds complicated tbh, so you used to be linked with them previously? Interesting...so if Aeria is getting a few of their games perhaps out of this agreement, what are they getting in return?

blueskyboi91

Rank 5
blueskyboi91
PostedJan 03, 2013 10:00 pm
let bring more cool game to AGE site...

GinRaz

Rank 0
GinRaz
PostedJan 04, 2013 4:51 pm
Hola gracias por la información , ¿esto afecta algo a LAT? gracias

feliz 2013^^

dubtechnic

Rank 0
dubtechnic
PostedJan 07, 2013 12:52 am

Re: Aeria Games and Gamepot merging to create global company

FEZ
Superman0X wrote:
We would like to announce that Aeria Games and GamePot have merged to create global company.

There should be a few news articles on this today. Here are some links:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-12-17-aeria-games-and-gamepot-merging-to-create-global-company

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/aeria-games-gamepot-merge-create-150500385.html

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/183686/Freetoplay_publisher_Aeria_Games_merges_with_Japans_Gamepot.php#.UM9UKqznUmI

If you have any questions on this, just ask.  

Oh please for all that is holy bring us back Fantasy Earth Zero.

bingbobob

Rank 0
bingbobob
PostedJan 07, 2013 1:37 am

FEZ

If NA Fantasy Earth Zero coming back does not happen as a result of this, the world will pay. You've made me wait long enough. ....That sounds a little more threatening than I meant it to.

dubtechnic

Rank 0
dubtechnic
PostedJan 07, 2013 2:17 am

FEZ

r u serious?
pervddl wrote:
Will look forward for Aeria releasing their titles in US.

As side note, while people talk about FEZ, I already played it on that failure beta that was closed. Didn't liked much the game, kinda slow paced, lots of soloing.

But I'm really expecting Concerto Gate @_____@  

lots of soling? you obviously were playing the game wrong. the point is to work together ina 50v50 war, how is that soloing. Hard the game has such a small factor of PvE its a PvP based game you CANT just solo anything. its a tough game with rts elements as well as tps. wars were slow in the beta because no one knew what they were doing. i played this game on hong kongs server after it shut down in NA and currently on JP gamepot server and the game wins awards every year there and is a top grossing game for them. its still a HUGE title for gamepot and with the FEZ community still around on the more hardcore JP servers we would have a lot to offer back to the newbies if the game did come back. the classes are all very well balanced and is not based on how many kills a player gets to encourage team play and fulfilling a certain role during your war. there was sitll so much unused content on the NA server so the game was nowhere near as developed as the JP server with double the amount of classes coming out within the last 2 months of the NA server. It was poor planning for a dieing division of gamepot.