hzavatsky

Rank 0
PostedDec 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Can't exit out of tutorial screen or select skills?

I logged into shaiya & there were a number of tutorial screens that I would exit out of because I already know how to play but when the Skills Tutorial opened I couldn't exit out of it. When I hit next or exit it just makes my character walk to the location I clicked on.

Also when I open my Skills tab to upgrade my spells & things it won't let me click on anything. I can press esc & it'll disappear but that's it.

*EDIT
I also just noticed another new problem. When I approach an NPC to sell items or accept a quest it'll open the box but I can't click on anything. The only way I can exit out is by pressing escape
Advertisement

Ezekchial

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2015 1:06 am

CANNOT OPEN SKILLS, NGC/Quests. warehouse...

Need help
First, I had to download a full .zip game because Akamai Download manager would not install the download from the Aeria website.

Then I un-installed and deleted ALL.. (that I could see)

At that time, I had played toons and gotten to level 8.

Then, I downloaded another from the aeriagames website.

This time Akamai Download manager worked, and the game became more like it should be.

The Current situation is tenuous/intermittant.. FPS is 3.5-0.0 fluctuates, and has jerky motion with character play.

For a moment the game loaded and showed 30FPS then instantly went down while the character screen came on.

First time using any key presses, usually the skills tab will work. But, sometimes stop working.
(Slider slips too, and then nothing works.) Then, I can only escape to get back to screen.

OTHER Buttons work from my HUD. These affected are related to pressing/activating, and sending signal through graphics to the Shaiya server... and they are not responsive.

SEEMS TO ME... Tech support has heard this issue many times before.

So, I read forums, browsed internet, and began updating graphic card drivers, networking drivers, and completed the work-around for lost targeting key(graves accent)... still, not working.

Tech support said for me to run CCleaner and Defrag the disk, which I did.

Now, the first character on my list is a fighter. Now, I am seeing black on his character screen for background that is overlaid on everything except the character. Over everything. And, the other characters start screens are fine!

In-game.. the ground has a black "sheet" in my nearby proximity. Further from me, there are textures.

This is a Dell 1010 mini notebook with windowsXP, DX 9.0c, and while it is NOT in spec for running this game, everything works except these important things... Skill tabs/skill panel, warehouse, NGC/Quests.

Keypad -G,O,B,M,C,ASWDQRTIUHL... all work. I can target, and use number keys to attack mobs.

I did not think this game was so dependent on frame rate.. send/receive between client and server. When I had the game on a better pc, with ADSL... I still had FPS difficulties.

But, if anyone has any idea... Please help!
Rolling Eyes

Ezekchial

Rank 0
PostedJan 17, 2015 12:01 am   Last edited by Ezekchial on Jan 19, 2015 4:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total

first toon -create window, second toon-create window

Same game, one window is glitched, others are okay.
Screen shot below

magjake

Rank 3
magjake
PostedJan 17, 2015 2:08 am
LOOKS like your client is corrupted.. best thing you can do is re-download the game

Ezekchial

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2015 4:08 pm

CANNOT OPEN SKILLS, NGC/Quests. warehouse...

magjake wrote:
LOOKS like your client is corrupted.. best thing you can do is re-download the game  

With 1.6mHZ Atom, 2gB memory, AND 149gb disk... I know the pc is not in spec for the downloads. But, I am playing three toons now. Just the glitches.

How to completely uninstall?? I will look into that, too.

Ezekchial

Rank 0
PostedJan 19, 2015 4:38 pm

Three problems with Shaiya

Skills slider, and tabs. Warehouse and NGC Button. And Graphic on One toon.