notIyeru

Rank 0
notIyeru
PostedDec 16, 2012 8:24 am

Suggestion: Dynamic Channel Creation

RaiderZed has a nice feature that has it so that when a channel starts getting full, a new channel is automatically created, without any GM interaction. The server does it all. How does that sound? Of course, the channel would be de-created when the prior channel drops below a certain full-ness, unless people are still on said channel.
Advertisement

suigintou971

Rank 0
suigintou971
PostedDec 16, 2012 8:40 am
Channel? You mean like a chat section? As in general/guild/party channel?

livingdead1318

Rank 0
livingdead1318
PostedDec 16, 2012 8:48 am
lotro has a similar feature The server creates a second instance of the same area once the first instance reach a a set number of players to keep the lag that everyone experiences to a minimum its actually a really nice feature.

notIyeru

Rank 0
notIyeru
PostedDec 16, 2012 8:52 am
suigintou971 wrote:

We mean like, to separate the server up if there are too many people in a server channel, not chat channel.

suigintou971

Rank 0
suigintou971
PostedDec 16, 2012 9:08 am
notIyeru wrote:
suigintou971 wrote:

We mean like, to separate the server up if there are too many people in a server channel, not chat channel.  

Oh, you mean like how phantasy star online 2 has blocks(same overall server but differant blocks to reduce lag by having players split up in those blocks)? Sorry I'm just trying to compare it to something I know so I can understand XD

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 16, 2012 9:12 am
suigintou971 wrote:
notIyeru wrote:
suigintou971 wrote:

Oh, you mean like how phantasy star online 2 has blocks(same overall server but differant blocks to reduce lag by having players split up in those blocks)? Sorry I'm just trying to compare it to something I know so I can understand XD  

Blocks are the same as channels in every game, I'll explain it in term of blocks.

Say there are 5 blocks, and they start to get full, the game will automatically create a 6th block, and players that load into a map will also be moved into the 6th block.

This probably won't work with LO because LO is very open world~
The towns/areas are not instanced, only continents require a teleport, and dungeons are closed/open instanced.

CookinDanger

Rank 4
CookinDanger
PostedDec 17, 2012 11:06 am
One problem of huge open worlds is it's size, if you don't have enough people to fill it up.