LichDemon

Rank 3
LichDemon
PostedDec 20, 2012 5:46 am
Not that I don't love December, but I like summer months better.
Advertisement

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedDec 20, 2012 6:21 am
LichDemon wrote:
Not that I don't love December, but I like summer months better.  

HHa, I'm sorry to hear that. I never feel more Alive than when I am on a mountain with a snowboard strapped on. Smile I can teach you how toeenjoy winter should you like. Haha

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

LichDemon

Rank 3
LichDemon
PostedDec 20, 2012 6:23 am
I do enjoy snowboarding as much as I enjoy surfing Cool

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedDec 20, 2012 6:43 am
LichDemon wrote:
I do enjoy snowboarding as much as I enjoy surfing Cool  

I knew there was a reason I liked you. Haha

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

Wolfsnack

Rank 0
PostedDec 20, 2012 8:03 am

Attack/stun

I believe the issue veryone is having with the stun is not the actual length of time but the release. Similar to other games, you have it set to release the stunnned mob when the mob is attacked. However, the release seems to be when the mob is selected with an attack and not once they are actually hit.

Animations on the femal character bodies need to be tightened up some. Particularly in the chest areas. Attack animations are longer than some mob animations so the mobs sometimes hit more than your character hits.

An auction/merchant house would prevent the cities from clogging up with personal stores.

Changing channels while standing on a rock, or etc, you are liable end up in that rock.

Auto path needs work. You have to back up to get around a pole/tree trunck/etc...

I have more but will wait until I test some more issues.

world2anime

Rank 0
world2anime
PostedDec 20, 2012 9:48 am

Attacking/Settings

When you're in the game and changing your graphics the whole game just goes out of sync. Instead of running straight you run diagonally while npc's hover slowly away; it is weird to explain and I didn't check if it happens all the time so maybe it was a fluke.

The attacking system is a bit off. When stunning the monsters they show the animation and sound, but still attack. The hp bars are pretty slow at registering the hits from both the player and the monster at times.

I like the game though, it's really good and always something to do. Many quests are intertwined making them easy to complete. I'm glad there is teleportation so I don't have to run all the way over where I died half the time.

oxlozzehxo

Rank 0
oxlozzehxo
PostedDec 20, 2012 9:54 am

Re: Attacking/Settings

world2anime wrote:
When you're in the game and changing your graphics the whole game just goes out of sync. Instead of running straight you run diagonally while npc's hover slowly away; it is weird to explain and I didn't check if it happens all the time so maybe it was a fluke.

The attacking system is a bit off. When stunning the monsters they show the animation and sound, but still attack. The hp bars are pretty slow at registering the hits from both the player and the monster at times.

I like the game though, it's really good and always something to do. Many quests are intertwined making them easy to complete. I'm glad there is teleportation so I don't have to run all the way over where I died half the time.  

Same happens to me too! The graphics thing, and then as a Sorc, if I cast haste or mana shield (any buff really) sometimes I end up running off somewhere, casting it and losing mp.. but the buff actually doesn't work on me Sad after a while it will work though, I'm not sure why it happens.

williamderhecht

Rank 0
PostedDec 20, 2012 6:32 pm

stats / changes

I went with the SM and Sorcerer classes this time and here's what I've noticed.

Regen rate of 10secs makes the wait time too long when you run out of mana or health and the lower level pots don't really make much of a difference... maybe cut the regen time down to 8sec intervals...

for the SM... I definitely like the reduced healing... it makes for more of a challenge and actually requires for you to build yourself toward being a healer to be useful, thus, cutting out the "OPness" of the SM and balances the class out

as for overall... the increased dodge rate from adding pts into dex really needs to be looked at again... I decided to try a heavy dex... however... there wasn't a very big difference at all between the dodge rate at 10 pts and 20 pts... as it stands... the accuracy definitely improves and at 30 dex I did not miss a single melee attack... but again that dodge rate is ridiculously low... it didn't even really show a difference until 30 pts into dex and it went from approx. a 1/5 dodge rate at 10 pts, 1/4 dodge rate at 20 pts, and about a 1/3 dodge rate at 30 pts into the dexterity stat and even those didn't hold up to the average percentage

and I fully agree with the statement that the stats should tell you more about what they do (unless of course all they do is what they say) for I heard plenty things going around about extra ability bonuses and extra stuff that stats give you even though they don't say it... or even something in a tutorial coverage would be sufficient in this.

there still needs to be a fix on target response time... so far this is the only game I've seen where the monster will start to attack back before it is even hit... it kind of goes against all parameters of MMO physics... a non hostile monster will strike back at you before it even gets hit by an attack...

'standard battle mathematics'= action(cast)-trigger(hit)-modifiers(def,res,aggro,...)-battle(the rest of the fight)...

'DKO battle mathematics'= action(cast)-modifier(aggro)-trigger(hit)-modifiers(def,res,dodge,...)-battle(the rest of the fight)
(Layman's terms abridged)

added to this is the response time of stuns such as paralysis and shock... the monsters are still taking a couple steps before the paralysis or shock affect even kicks in...
simply shorten the trigger time between the 'spell hitting' and the 'application of the ailment' and fix the combat initiation order... now you have better combo-able abilities... i.e. for an SM = Dark Circle (enemy is stunned upon impact) - Poison Arrow (enemy comes out of stun and is gets inflicted with poison) - enemy attacks as stun is dispelled - .... now by the time the enemy even gets to the player *granted taking into consideration the cast times of the spells* the enemy should be poisoned and have a little bit of dmg before it's within range to attack the player

that is all for now I think...

world2anime

Rank 0
world2anime
PostedDec 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: Attacking/Settings

oxlozzehxo wrote:
world2anime wrote:

Same happens to me too! The graphics thing, and then as a Sorc, if I cast haste or mana shield (any buff really) sometimes I end up running off somewhere, casting it and losing mp.. but the buff actually doesn't work on me Sad after a while it will work though, I'm not sure why it happens.  

Awesome! I'm glad I am not the only one experiencing that so it's not like I'm crazy Laughing
I noticed the lack of information on the stats as well. Since it just says accuracy/dodge increases I don't see how helpful that would be in most classes really. It's kind of like a turn off. I've seen people who cast and run away only to run back haha. I thought they did that on their own.

roswellpogi

Rank 0
PostedDec 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Warrior Feedback and other thoughts

hunkele wrote:
The accuracy of warriors looks like it has taken a significant hit since CB.

The 100% stun of warriors on the attack does not work all the time and when it does it is not even worth using for it does not seem to stun the Mob for more than a fraction of a second.

Drops: There seems to be a marked difference in drops of Blue items/recipes from CB. In CB you could have at least 2 or more Blue Items by lvl 20, in the Stress test a majority of the players have not seen any EXCEPT for the Santa drops.

At the current time there is confusion as to if there will be another wipe of all characters when the stress test is done, the forums/announcements are not clear on the matter.

POSITIVE: LAG has been reduced by a large percentage, there is still some in areas/locations but very much improved.

Male/Female lock is sure to get many comments again.

Some players would like to have a choice in mounts for the lvl 19 quest or an NPC where you can trade-in or purchase a different mount.

Overall very enjoyable...

Back to killing Santa.. Smile  

Like he said the same situations also happen on sorccerer the lightning 100% shock acts as also a brief stun works like warriors stun attack but it dosen't seem to stun(stun about .8 seconds) for a duration like the warrior its almost useless like he said.