Aeria.North

Aeria: Product Manager
Aeria.North
PostedDec 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Producer Blog - December 14, 2012

Don't you just love December?
Like us on Facebook!

Friday, December 14th, 2012 - Don't you just love December?  

Welcome to Beta Stress Test Dragon Knights,

This is an exciting time in the world of DK Online. We recently started the Beta Stress Test Week for you knights itching to jump into battle. Experience the joy of Christmas in DK Online with our super exciting Christmas event. We know a lot of you have questions and comments, so let’s jump right in to our latest Producer Blog.

PM North & PM Taz

Beta Stress Test Week…. Whaaa?

As we inch closer to open beta, we are continuing to optimize the DK Online experience. We wanted to roll out this latest build mainly so you can see a basic representation of how seasonal events will work in DK Online. This build also comes chalk full of other goodies, changes, and technical fixes that we want your opinion on. Remember, this is a Beta so everything you see is not an accurate representation of Live DK Online.

You Mentioned Santa… WHERE IS HE?

Santa is roaming around the world of Litos looking for his next victim. This isn’t the Santa that leaves you the amazing, new stack of presents under your tree. Your mission is to seek and destroy Vorpal Santa, should you choose to accept. Better yet, he drops amazing prizes in game and you have the chance to win even more by posting pictures on the FORUMS and FACEBOOK.

Changes… what changes?

There have been some modifications to skills, monsters, and player defense in the latest build. These are part of an ongoing set of alterations that will create more balance in the game. That said, these changes are not final and we recommend you post all the changes you noticed with skills here. We’ll continue to tweak with the game and make it the best experience ever.

Advertisement

santanaco

Rank 0
PostedDec 14, 2012 10:29 pm
still cant split items in inventory equiped gear also still remains in inventory after equiped healing skill for paladin has a delay lagg dropped a little but still remains but is a lil better compared to the lagg we had in cb autotrack on quests would be nice could use a trade chat for all players from all classes to see it weapons and in lvl range 1-10 still looks same once equiped but icon shows diff in inventory same for armor i guess umm few skills still have same animation dono names but first 2 atking skills from paladin has same animation once used jumping is pointless jumps high but drops 2 sudden so u cant jump over some obstacles and u cant get on top of a small rock or jump over it pots are still 2 expensive u can only afford them when ur 21+ apart from that it's lovely Razz mobs are chalanging wich is good it will encourage ppl to squad once in a while Razz

dalgia555

Rank 0
PostedDec 15, 2012 1:00 am
i would say that the monster damage is way too high for newbie, it would easily kill us n i hope it could be lower like b4 . Besides, the chance of warrior hitting the monster is quite low, even i add quite much of dex, they still keep missing the target, hope u can improve warrior accurancy Smile

Troit

Rank 0
PostedDec 15, 2012 1:52 am

download client

I need some help about the client! I have windows 8 installed and when I download DKOnline it gives me a internet error and some weird writing, what can I do to fix this?

ECangiano

Rank 0
ECangiano
PostedDec 15, 2012 2:22 am

Movement

Movement off
I'm having a dickens of a time trying to move around in the game, it's just off for me. Hard to explain but I don't always go where I point the character to go.
Wiindows XP
2 GB Ram
Athlon 64 3500+

dalgia555

Rank 0
PostedDec 15, 2012 5:06 am

Suggestion

here a little suggestion of mine towards the game. i hope they could change the attack interface , instead of clicking monster to atttack the monster, change it to left click each time to resemblem the attack, it will be much more fun i guess XD The graphic was nice n if change the attack interface to what i meant jz now,it wouldbe even more fun ,tht is my personal thinking XD
* Hope u all understand what i meant XD

xyayatx

Rank 0
xyayatx
PostedDec 15, 2012 5:31 am

My Opinion

i use warrior in cbt & stress test.. then i just sharing what i think when use this class..

1) i like warrior because it look very cool when i have large sword at my back.. i like it Very Happy

2) but i always short of mana when use their skill.. did i need put stat point in wisdom? but warrior is melee class.. hope it can reduce the mana consumption in Open beta..

3) i dont know if the stun slash give enough time of stun to the mobs because when i use stun slash & when i want to do second att, the mobs already att me.. hope the stun time can be more longer..

Mccambo1

Rank 0
PostedDec 15, 2012 8:46 am

client

I get same message would help to know what I need to do

hunkele

Rank 0
PostedDec 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Warrior Feedback and other thoughts

The accuracy of warriors looks like it has taken a significant hit since CB.

The 100% stun of warriors on the attack does not work all the time and when it does it is not even worth using for it does not seem to stun the Mob for more than a fraction of a second.

Drops: There seems to be a marked difference in drops of Blue items/recipes from CB. In CB you could have at least 2 or more Blue Items by lvl 20, in the Stress test a majority of the players have not seen any EXCEPT for the Santa drops.

At the current time there is confusion as to if there will be another wipe of all characters when the stress test is done, the forums/announcements are not clear on the matter.

POSITIVE: LAG has been reduced by a large percentage, there is still some in areas/locations but very much improved.

Male/Female lock is sure to get many comments again.

Some players would like to have a choice in mounts for the lvl 19 quest or an NPC where you can trade-in or purchase a different mount.

Overall very enjoyable...

Back to killing Santa.. Smile

adam.dj.pearce

Rank 0
PostedDec 15, 2012 3:50 pm
Well done and thank you so much,it's an amazing game, I haven't found many improvements at all but the ones I have I shall share:

The chance of getting enhancement/rune mounting is too low. Out of 10 times i've attempted to enhance it has succeed 3 times and a similar story for runes. I have wasted so much money on this for little success, and this isn't easy to counter because the success boosters and item saving/rune saving things that you use in enhancement cannot be bought anywhere either.

As well as this, there were some item blueprints that i found that no manufacturer that i could find would create (+0 hobgoblin sneer snupine gloves). I went to the 2 large cities and none of the guys could create it but one of them could create hobgoblin sneer gloves which weren't the same and it wouldn't let me create them.

also the AP buying content (if available) is easily found, i would like to buy some stuff!

Apart from this the game is amazing and i cannot wait for OB to arrive, and i would like to know if our characters get deleted from this stress test? Smile