Un.Leashed

Rank 0
Un.Leashed
PostedDec 14, 2012 1:29 pm
synster14 wrote:
Sorc spells no longer % chance to affect, all are 100%. This is nice....
Except that all the damage was nerfed. I was grinding with a shadow at 18 and just cried.
Shadow was using poison cloud which was ticking on mobs for 90 damage.
He was running around training 10 mobs and killing them with 2 casts of poison cloud.
Also never got close to dying...
And I was here doing a 50 damage burn to single target.
And at most 150 damage....
My AoE was hitting for 90 at the time...against his 500.
My AoE has a 12 second cool down.

Solo play on a sorc is much MUCH worse than it was previously and it was already hard then.
Sure, sorc is one of the best classes....when you are in fully enchanted gear, but as it is now, I don't think many will come close to getting there.

I predict a mass ragequit from the few sorcs we still have.  

^

Advertisement

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedDec 14, 2012 2:10 pm   Last edited by synster14 on Dec 14, 2012 3:27 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I feel I have to elaborate a bit on my post.
I agree with the mob changes.
Right where they need to be in my opinion.

But, sorcs were the lowest damage before hand.
And then mobs got buffed.
Not only did mobs get buffed, sorcs got nerfed?
Mobs have magic resist now, which cancels all of the damage I gain from magic attack.

So my level 3 fireball that I was using at level 4, is still doing 150 damage. Which was good against level 4 mobs.

But now I'm fighting level 30 mobs with 3k hp, and 150 damage isn't enough.

I still want the mobs to have 3k hp.
But sorcs damage needs a major buff.
I'm grouped with a paladin who gives me his damage buff.
I stopped casting spells, I now melee mobs for 120 damage.
Kill them twice as fast as with spells.

I can't speak for the other classes, they seem to be balanced from LOOKING at them.
But, sorc is now just too weak.
I'm done with the stress test.
I might be able to power through this in OBT, where my progress won't be wiped. But I can't put this much effort into leveling a class and then have it wiped.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 14, 2012 3:21 pm
synster14 wrote:
I feel I have to elaborate a bit on my post.
I agree with the mob changes.
Right where they need to be in my opinion.

But, mobs were the lowest damage before hand.
And then mobs got buffed.
Not only did mobs get buffed, sorcs got nerfed?
Mobs have magic resist now, which cancels all of the damage I gain from magic attack.

So my level 3 fireball that I was using at level 4, is still doing 150 damage. Which was good against level 4 mobs.

But now I'm fighting level 30 mobs with 3k hp, and 150 damage isn't enough.

I still want the mobs to have 3k hp.
But sorcs damage needs a major buff.
I'm grouped with a paladin who gives me his damage buff.
I stopped casting spells, I now melee mobs for 120 damage.
Kill them twice as fast as with spells.

I can't speak for the other classes, they seem to be balanced from LOOKING at them.
But, sorc is now just too weak.
I'm done with the stress test.
I might be able to power through this in OBT, where my progress won't be wiped. But I can't put this much effort into leveling a class and then have it wiped.  

This is the kind of post I like.

I do want to ask though; Did you test both trees? With SM, they enhanced one side, but nerfed the other side for damage. Also when you say 150, is that a damage tick, or the base hit damage?

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedDec 14, 2012 3:27 pm
[quote="Rekikyo"]
synster14 wrote:

I do want to ask though; Did you test both trees? With SM, they enhanced one side, but nerfed the other side for damage. Also when you say 150, is that a damage tick, or the base hit damage?  

I only tested the left tree. Which is the damage side.
The right side is more for survivability.
It has much less damage. Which is my main point, so it doesn't play in to the me having less damage than the healer point.

150 is the impact damage for the spell.
Burn ticks are 50. 5 of them I believe. Which is kinda okay...But I can't actually sit there and let it do the burn damage.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 14, 2012 4:36 pm
[quote="synster14"]
Rekikyo wrote:
synster14 wrote:

It has much less damage. Which is my main point, so it doesn't play in to the me having less damage than the healer point.

Burn ticks are 50. 5 of them I believe. Which is kinda okay...But I can't actually sit there and let it do the burn damage.  

Ah okay. Have you tested the % of Magic attack that damage actually is?

Like:

110 on Poison Cloud Vs 553 Magic attack =

(110-25)/553 = 15.37% of Magic attack in Damage.

On the other hand,

Dark Scourge at 300 vs 553 =

(300-160)/553 = 25.53%

In other words, different skills exercise a different % of your magic attack. That's what I want to find out. Do you have a skill that offers 25% To your 15% on the fire dot.

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedDec 14, 2012 4:51 pm
[quote="Rekikyo"]
synster14 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
synster14 wrote:

Ah okay. Have you tested the % of Magic attack that damage actually is?

Like:

110 on Poison Cloud Vs 553 Magic attack =

(110-25)/553 = 15.37% of Magic attack in Damage.

On the other hand,

Dark Scourge at 300 vs 553 =

(300-160)/553 = 25.53%

In other words, different skills exercise a different % of your magic attack. That's what I want to find out. Do you have a skill that offers 25% To your 15% on the fire dot.  

Nah, I didn't put that much effort into it this time around.
I have 480 magic attack, and my spell that hits for 150 says it has a base of 90.
And you can't really do any math on it without knowing monster resistances and such.
Fire vs lightning resist. Magic resist in general.
I went Pure int to get as much damage as I could, as well as going up the left tree, and the bottom line is that my damage sucks.

Demondrega

Rank 0
PostedDec 14, 2012 5:49 pm
Oh so that's why I saw priests running around with sword and board.

For me it was a chore just getting to 20 for the 30 day xmas outfit. But at how messed up the classes feel I can't spend more time in this 'stress' test. I think the 'stress' being tested here is the player. I went with the priest this time around, and seeing poison tic for 50 FIXED damage made me laugh. A joke.

The problem is really simple. The casting delay/freeze in spot etc would work if there is a sizable amount of damage being done to warrant this freeze/delay. But when your spell does crappy damage on 4digit hp mobs, it's easier to just bang your head on the keyboard.

I thought the sorc was rather disappointing in CB, but from what I'm seeing from the skill changes, I won't even bother trying the 'new' tweaked 'enhanced' sorc.

If you're gonna give mobs higher hps, decreasing player capability does not make the game more challenging. It makes it another lame cash grab. Because everyone will need top gear to make a dent in every day leveling grinds. And of course the cash shop will have everything you need to make the game playable...

Someone already said it. Break it and fix it with the cash shop. No need to take my word for it. This is exactly what will happen.

ps. The game was enjoyable because it seemed sort of ok in cb, but when mobs take forever to die, you start seeing the combat limitations. And these cast delays animations along with crappy damage amounts for tedious boredom, same old grind, cash shop MUST (not optional)/uninstall.

So anyway glad I got a chance to test MY stress on this test phase, but I simply don't have the patience to go through these things like I did when I was 14.

Yadda bla bla boom boof

laserlemon

Rank 0
laserlemon
PostedDec 14, 2012 5:58 pm
What I dont understand is why in Hard they thought that we needed a nerf when in the sorceress feedback thread we were clear and specific about how weak sorceress are in comparison to other classes. Whats wrong with this people? lets ask them what they want to do exactly the opposite, next time they ask us im gonna say please nerf me more...

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedDec 14, 2012 6:05 pm
I assume it's just an error in communication between Aeria and the devs.
Most likely it will be corrected for OBT, but unfortunately it will likely set us back.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedDec 14, 2012 6:45 pm
The ingame FPS killing spree has been a BIT fixed but still be there.. the client need a HEAVY optimization on game engine...

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|