Author Message

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8446
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedDec 26, 2012 10:42 am
synster14 wrote:


So, why are you arguing with me then?
 
I'm not Smile (the original comment was based on my experience with AGE and how they like to price their games ; the entire set is most likely to cost $2000).

 

I disagree.
Enchants don't change based on the quality of item. And runes aren't enchants.
If they follow the same pattern as items....
White > Green small increase.
Green > Blue small increase.
Blue > Gold slightly larger increase.
Gold > Orange big increase.
Orange > red slightly larger increase.  


You mean:
Gold > Magenta
Magenta > Purple

don't you? ( the color of Heroic/Legendary).

Well what you say is true of the weapons. Blue 33 weapons have 90 Magic attack, the Epic has something like 113, and Heroic has 143, and Legendary has 256.

If that occurs for runes though, I heavily expect players to be able to grow to the point where they 1 hit kill everyone, which isn't good for the game overall. I hope you're not right. It'll also piss off people who link II's.

 
 

Both Bryan.Fury, and Sorbek were speaking of stats in general. Bryan.Fury saying that runes give hardly any bonus to your stats and Sorbek arguing that they add a lot.
Bryan.Fury saying the runes don't even give +1% to basic stats.
And Sorbek arguing with the fact that HP runes give almost 11% of a Sorcs total HP with 1 rune....
 


Linking the HP also eliminates most Defensive linking in exchange. you're trading survivability for the ability to take more initial damage. In Pvp, the defensive build will obliterate the HP build with our current heals. 5 Con adds 100 hp and 7 HP recovery btw ....  

You are still missing the point...
Also, that 5 con does different things for different classes...

Paladin: 30 hp
Warrior: 20 hp
Shadow: 18 hp
Sorceress: 15 hp

I'm also pretty sure it's only .5 HP recovery per point for all classes.
So, for a Sorc, 5 con = 75 hp and 2.5 HP regen.[/quote]

Con and Wis add 1.3 recovery. I didn't test the HP gain.

I'm not missing their point. I understand it completely. I'm merely pointing out linking the HP really doesn't help you at all (meaningless stat) when our heals cannot keep up with it. I would never link the Yellow Runes as HP because of it. Green's debateable, because stat and defensive runes for Green are crap, but regen runes are not.

Advertisement

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
Joined
11 Jan 2008
Posts
933
Location
Pits of Despair United States
PostedDec 26, 2012 11:02 am
Wis added 4 MP regen for sorceress. Razz
And con added .5 HP regen for sorceress...

2 points in con gave me 1 hp regen.
2 points in wis gave me 8 MP regen.

It's different for every class. >_<

EonB

Rank 0
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Posts
30
Location
United States
PostedDec 26, 2012 2:48 pm
How about a new producer blog or Q&A topic for us during the down time?

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
Joined
06 Dec 2008
Posts
2568
Location
Porec Croatia
PostedDec 26, 2012 3:51 pm
Would be nice to get some updates on when the Open Beta is going to start. Its Holiday time and many people are mostly at home being bored, so the Open Beta would be the right thing at the moment, but I dont think anyone besides the Developers can give us a release date, pointing to this quote:
gmebilfish wrote:
Sorry, don't have the date. When we do, it will be posted on the forum and Facebook  

r0kujou

Rank 0
r0kujou
Joined
26 Nov 2012
Posts
17
Location
Malaysia
PostedDec 30, 2012 10:35 am
As it has been pointed put,the increment in atk and m.atk for weapon enhancement needs some adjustment. I agree that broadsword/2h swords need to have higher atk increment per enhancement. 1h gets 10 atk so 2h should get 20 atk or at least 15 atk. I disagree to adding a low amount of m.atk to swords. I know some want sorc to be able to deal some magic dmg while using shields but to be fair, I recommend that staff used by sorc and sm should only have m.atk increment during enhancement. This way sm wouldn't not have such a high normal atk.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
Joined
06 Dec 2008
Posts
2568
Location
Porec Croatia
PostedDec 30, 2012 10:47 am
Swords have to be balanced. I dont see why 2-Hand Swords should get twice as much atk increase per enhancement level if there is no, as much as I could read here on the Forums, Dual Wielding? 2-Handers usually have higher base atk than 1-Hand Swords because they are heavier, but are by 1 Atk Speed level slower.

To calculate the difference:
2H Sword
base atk: 100
atk speed: a bit slow
If Enhanced to 7 (20*7), its equal to 100+140=240 atk power at a bit slow attack speed.

1H Sword
base atk: 80
atk speed: normal
If enhanced to 7 (10*7), its equal to 80+70=150 atk at normal attack speed.

If there was Dual-Wielding I'd understand your concern, but since there isnt, I dont support your idea.

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
Joined
11 Jan 2008
Posts
933
Location
Pits of Despair United States
PostedDec 30, 2012 10:57 am
filipvarga wrote:
Swords have to be balanced. I dont see why 2-Hand Swords should get twice as much atk increase per enhancement level if there is no, as much as I could read here on the Forums, Dual Wielding? 2-Handers usually have higher base atk than 1-Hand Swords because they are heavier, but are by 1 Atk Speed level slower.

To calculate the difference:
2H Sword
base atk: 100
atk speed: a bit slow
If Enhanced to 7 (20*7), its equal to 100+140=240 atk power at a bit slow attack speed.

1H Sword
base atk: 80
atk speed: normal
If enhanced to 7 (10*7), its equal to 80+70=150 atk at normal attack speed.

If there was Dual-Wielding I'd understand your concern, but since there isnt, I dont support your idea.  



The current problem with them both being +10 is...

Base damage of 40 on a 1 hander.
Base damage of 70 on a 2 hander.

Both at +10:

140 on 1 hander.
170 on 2 hander.


The 1 hander actually does more dps due to attacking 25% faster....

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
Joined
06 Dec 2008
Posts
2568
Location
Porec Croatia
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:03 am
synster14 wrote:
filipvarga wrote:
Swords have to be balanced. I dont see why 2-Hand Swords should get twice as much atk increase per enhancement level if there is no, as much as I could read here on the Forums, Dual Wielding? 2-Handers usually have higher base atk than 1-Hand Swords because they are heavier, but are by 1 Atk Speed level slower.

To calculate the difference:
2H Sword
base atk: 100
atk speed: a bit slow
If Enhanced to 7 (20*7), its equal to 100+140=240 atk power at a bit slow attack speed.

1H Sword
base atk: 80
atk speed: normal
If enhanced to 7 (10*7), its equal to 80+70=150 atk at normal attack speed.

If there was Dual-Wielding I'd understand your concern, but since there isnt, I dont support your idea.  



The current problem with them both being +10 is...

Base damage of 40 on a 1 hander.
Base damage of 70 on a 2 hander.

Both at +10:

140 on 1 hander.
170 on 2 hander.


The 1 hander actually does more dps due to attacking 25% faster....  

There usually is a difference in skills as in every game, isnt it for DK aswell?
According to what I experienced in games, 2handers have higher base atk, being a bit slower than 1handers, but having more powerful skills that cant be used with 1handers.
Besides that you can equip a shield if using 1hand swords.

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
Joined
11 Jan 2008
Posts
933
Location
Pits of Despair United States
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:07 am
filipvarga wrote:
synster14 wrote:
filipvarga wrote:
Swords have to be balanced. I dont see why 2-Hand Swords should get twice as much atk increase per enhancement level if there is no, as much as I could read here on the Forums, Dual Wielding? 2-Handers usually have higher base atk than 1-Hand Swords because they are heavier, but are by 1 Atk Speed level slower.

To calculate the difference:
2H Sword
base atk: 100
atk speed: a bit slow
If Enhanced to 7 (20*7), its equal to 100+140=240 atk power at a bit slow attack speed.

1H Sword
base atk: 80
atk speed: normal
If enhanced to 7 (10*7), its equal to 80+70=150 atk at normal attack speed.

If there was Dual-Wielding I'd understand your concern, but since there isnt, I dont support your idea.  



The current problem with them both being +10 is...

Base damage of 40 on a 1 hander.
Base damage of 70 on a 2 hander.

Both at +10:

140 on 1 hander.
170 on 2 hander.


The 1 hander actually does more dps due to attacking 25% faster....  

There usually is a difference in skills as in every game, isnt it for DK aswell?
According to what I experienced in games, 2handers have higher base atk, being a bit slower than 1handers, but having more powerful skills that cant be used with 1handers.
Besides that you can equip a shield if using 1hand swords.  




That's right...I forgot you didn't actually get to play it....Why are you arguing with those that did?

Both 1 and 2 handers use the same skills....But that's irrelevant, I've heard warriors talk of switching to 1 hander and using basic attack to get more DPS than their 2 handers.
+ you get a shield.

The game isn't balanced right now. That's all there is to it. >_<

If there was dual-wielding, no one would use 2 handers...

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
Joined
06 Dec 2008
Posts
2568
Location
Porec Croatia
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:16 am
Im not arguing, you probably are if you think that Im arguing with others.
Yes, I didnt play the Beta and therefore having a neutral view at the 1H/2H issue.
If I played the Beta, I might think differently, but since I didnt, I stand behind what I said.

I also dont see the problem why people simply dont use 1-Handers if they are better + you're able to wear a shield for extra Defense and HP?

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: