Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedDec 25, 2012 4:52 pm
filipvarga wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
filipvarga wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
I don't know if someone already said that, but i think that the rune carving is pretty BAD made. When you add a rune, you can lose all the others, that is really insane.

It's ok, you can fail and lose the rune you wish to add, but ALSO lose the others you already added is totally insane. That have to be changed, once you added one rune, it's safe, until you will remove it and replace with another one.  

Thats some sort of gambling, and compared to the Shaiya enhancements, a very good system. Noone if forcing you to to try a 3rd attempt if the previous 2 succeeded, in fear that you will lose everything in case you fail.  
Since there are gonna be +% chance items on the CASH SHOP, that is NOT gonna be fair for people that can't efford or wont buy. A thing like that is a game killer, since people in the long therms will loose interests into DKO because they can't enchant how they wish their gear.

I'm NOT asking for a 100% success rate, i'm asking to balance the "total rune crash" whenever a rune fail to apply, so previously added rune should be safe..  

Thats why I mentioned Shaiya, with everyone having 15-20 enchants, whats the point?  
Runes are not Enchants, don't mix up the 2 things.

While runes add few stats (that are not even +1% on the basic stats) the enchants does multiply the base damage of weapons or base defence of armors.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|
Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedDec 25, 2012 5:01 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
filipvarga wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
filipvarga wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
I don't know if someone already said that, but i think that the rune carving is pretty BAD made. When you add a rune, you can lose all the others, that is really insane.

It's ok, you can fail and lose the rune you wish to add, but ALSO lose the others you already added is totally insane. That have to be changed, once you added one rune, it's safe, until you will remove it and replace with another one.  

Thats some sort of gambling, and compared to the Shaiya enhancements, a very good system. Noone if forcing you to to try a 3rd attempt if the previous 2 succeeded, in fear that you will lose everything in case you fail.  
Since there are gonna be +% chance items on the CASH SHOP, that is NOT gonna be fair for people that can't efford or wont buy. A thing like that is a game killer, since people in the long therms will loose interests into DKO because they can't enchant how they wish their gear.

I'm NOT asking for a 100% success rate, i'm asking to balance the "total rune crash" whenever a rune fail to apply, so previously added rune should be safe..  

Thats why I mentioned Shaiya, with everyone having 15-20 enchants, whats the point?  
Runes are not Enchants, don't mix up the 2 things.

While runes add few stats (that are not even +1% on the basic stats) the enchants does multiply the base damage of weapons or base defence of armors.  

I missunderstood it then. I didnt try the Closed Beta myself, but was told by a friend that the enchanting system was like when you fail, you lose some enchanting levels.
As for the Runes, I agree that it sucks to loose all linked runes, especially if there are many slots/sockets (however its called in DK) on a piece of gear, it can be frustrating.

sorbek

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
sorbek
PostedDec 25, 2012 5:06 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:

What?

red brawn rune II gives +8 atk vs +10 from one level of enchant.

Green vitalis II gives +130 hp which for a sorceress is over 1/10 of their base hp
yellow vitalis II gives +100 just under 1/10 of a sorceress hp

Yellow guardian rune (the defense rune) II gives +40 def you would need +10 on an armor to get that much def and you still probably wouldn't get to 40 the diminishing returns on armor are steep.

You are really underestimating the contribution of runes to a characters stats.

Etain -Reborn- Sorbet 70 UM Mage

sorbek

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
sorbek
PostedDec 25, 2012 5:10 pm
@ filipvarga You have the possibility to lose enchant levels if you fail to enhance an item. After +5 the chance you will lose an enchant level increases at +7 onward i believe you have the possibility to lose 2 enchant levels.

Etain -Reborn- Sorbet 70 UM Mage

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedDec 25, 2012 5:22 pm
sorbek wrote:
@ filipvarga You have the possibility to lose enchant levels if you fail to enhance an item. After +5 the chance you will lose an enchant level increases at +7 onward i believe you have the possibility to lose 2 enchant levels.  

Every enchant after +1 has a chance to lose up to enchant levels upon failure.
Additionally, I have been told that after +9 you also have a chance for the item to be destroyed upon failure.

blackdragon214

Rank 1
blackdragon214
PostedDec 25, 2012 5:41 pm
well now that's interesting to hear
now there is no way in Hard that I'll ever try to go past +9 way too dangerous -.-

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You will find me there, staring out at you!

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedDec 25, 2012 6:02 pm
lol that is the truth, that is why the gm's gifted the +15's in CBT

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedDec 25, 2012 6:08 pm
Yeah, I can see you spending $100 worth of AP to get a +15.
We'll have to see though.

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedDec 25, 2012 6:10 pm
synster14 wrote:
Yeah, I can see you spending $100 worth of AP to get a +15.
We'll have to see though.  

Hope not...

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

blackdragon214

Rank 1
blackdragon214
PostedDec 25, 2012 6:14 pm
hmm the amount of money i spend on online game is lower then 0 as i received cash items from events and such lol

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You will find me there, staring out at you!