haitrung

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2012 2:34 am

DK online Beta

There are something wrong in the "Skills" in Beta test. There is 1 skill that I can't drag it to use it.
Advertisement

shoptrader20

Rank 0
shoptrader20
PostedDec 23, 2012 2:46 am

Comments on sorceress skills and guild info overview

Ok so, as I have didn't play cbt, I do not know the changes made to sorceress if any. However, I shall give my opinions for the stress test character I played.

My character was SkyRaker, guild leader of Nega Nebulus (Dione)
I was a full left tree player (except one point used for elemental summon). All points are mostly skilled into damage skills, except for one level of concentration and zephyr since I hadn't reached max level yet.

There are 6 opinions I would like to point out:
1. The casting time is off- as I'm sure most casters are aware (in particular if you have cast times), the character tends to animate in the cast timing described, then there's a mini animation lag before your character fires the spell. It is therefore not exactly proportionate to the cast time. This kinda irritated me because even though I finished the cast animation, I couldn't fire my spell at players who ran out of range in time during the cast lag in RvR. I would suggest to either remove the delay, or lower the cast animating time to match it to a 2 second cast (most skills of left tree states 2 second cast).

2. Skill cancelling - This is a point added to point 1. Where most games allows you to cancel your skills by moving your character away midcast, this game is limited in that you can only cancel your skill AFTER your cast animation ended (at which point you obviously rather fire the skill than to walk away). I hope that this feature can be implemented in the future.

3. Firestorm and Quake have diff cooldowns despite being the strongest/last skill of their respective tree - Because I wanted to play full damage, I didn't bother reading the right tree skills until I saw Quake's cooldown is 8 seconds, a large difference compared to Firestorm's 30 seconds. I would suggest to equal the 2 skills' cooldown times to balance the trees, or else a strong equipped character could easily nuke with quake (not to mention it is ranged whereas firestorm is point blank AOE).

4. Physical Attack>Fireball/Call Lightning - This point is the silliest I've noticed, because I totally skipped casting fireball ever since I pumped my staff to +7. Although my matk stats was 1038, my fireball dealt roughly 250ish damage, almost on par with my patk (175). This made me give up my fireball skill because I rather pattack twice in 2 seconds (175 dps) than to cast a fireball in 2 seconds + delay (100 dps). On the other hand, I still keep call lightning for its stun. Please adjust the matk modifier to give it a better damage, as I'm pretty sure every sorceress players are yelling at how poor our skill damage are. Based on this results, and the fact that level 1 sorceress can deal about 100+ damage with fireball, I calculate that the current matk modifier is 5-6 MATK FOR 1 SPELL DAMAGE

5. Guild info on wiki is flawed - This is with regards to the guild info on wiki http://www.aeriagames.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guilds&game=dragonknights. Either the information is outdated or the game had a modified version of guild level info. I had to trial and error to discover the cost and benefits of levels. For instance, where the wiki said 100 rep to level guild to 2, it actually cost 300 rep in game during stress test. Benefits listed were all listed wrongly, such as the member limits, guild storage ability, etc. Other benefits were also missing such as the Defense master or offense mastery. Instead, I had passive hp regen and imprint/build camp skills available from level 1. Please correct the information on the wiki so that new guild leaders can refer to it for correct decision making and to know what exactly do they need and what benefits they can give to their members.

6. Guild options were inadequate - I need to give a few examples of this from my memory (unfortunately I did not ss before the stress test abruptedly ended).
-guild invite button was inadequately named in the right click menu : If i right click a person in front of me, the button to invite the person to the guild was called "Guild". For clarity's sake, I suggest changing the name to Guild Invite, so that it is the same as the one in guild menu.
-this was written in the guild info wiki: 100 character reputation converts into 1 guild reputation. Unfortunately, I do not see any options for this in all the guild options. Therefore, I could only level my guild with gold. Please either add an option for this, or remove the info from the wiki.

I hope to see improvements to these points in open beta. Beyond that, fun game and I hope Romas will finally give the Lurking Dark Elves quest Razz

~Amornica/SkyRaker~

johnduca

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2012 6:40 am

Re: DK online Beta

haitrung wrote:
There are something wrong in the "Skills" in Beta test. There is 1 skill that I can't drag it to use it.  

possible that was a passive skill

hesoka123

Rank 0
hesoka123
PostedDec 23, 2012 10:00 am

Male Sorceress

my point is i like playing mage class (long rage dps)

but i cants play a famale x.x'

so i hope u can add a male race that can be a sorcer !!!!

r0kujou

Rank 0
r0kujou
PostedDec 23, 2012 10:32 am
As I didn't play cbt,i dunno how much has changed. I played warrior and a bit of socr during stress test and what I didn't like was the animation time. The stun smash skill warrior for example. I noticed that the monster was already stunned (got the stars around it's head) when I haven't even finish animation. By the time my warrior smash down the sword n back to normal,the 2 sec stun already over o.O As for sorc, the fireball skill shoud have the casting time and animation time merged. Maybe just me but i see my sorc stand there cast for 1 sec then the animation of her gathering fire before shooting it. For me,the part where a sorc is gathering the fire should be considered casting the spell.

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedDec 23, 2012 10:41 am
I tested animations during CB. It applies to every class.

Example, my sorc friend casted fireball, and i used powerslash. We started at the same time and held w down, so we would move as soon as the game would let us. We moved at the same time pretty much. (Animation lock)

The follow through animation on melee skills is just as long, you'd be surprised and wouldn't know untill you tried or compared it.

Firestorm / Quake - One has a burn Dot, Forgot how much. Firestorm has a 10M radius, and quake has a 3m radius. Their uses are very different.

DILAY74

Rank 2
DILAY74
PostedDec 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Male Sorceress

hesoka123 wrote:
my point is i like playing mage class (long rage dps)

but i cants play a famale x.x'

so i hope u can add a male race that can be a sorcer !!!!  

thinking same about felynx warriors Smile

-Kromede (Dione- 30 warrior)

<a></a>

chimpster1201

Rank 0
chimpster1201
PostedDec 23, 2012 3:27 pm

THE Hard

STOP Q.Q
The way i see is once a cry baby always gonna be a cry baby, it is in their blood, some ppl are just like that, they always look for something to cry bout.
GM's KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, YOU HAVE AN AWESOME SERVER HERE. IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT THEY CAN GTFO.
Only thing we can do is play the game as the way the GM's decide, instead making all classes and all toon, master one toon and stay with it till u 100% then move on to the next one.

JUST HURRY BACK PLZ DK ONLINE WE MISS YOU

fiberstaden

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2012 3:43 pm
Well it will probably take the devs some months to get the game playable if they hope for people to spend time and money in its current state with unbalanced skill trees / classes / mobs / mob skills / and that it dont run on windows 8 this game would be abandoned by most players in 4-6 months. Also from what i can see it lack endgame content and lack information of anything realy.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

babydevila

Rank 0
babydevila
PostedDec 23, 2012 3:44 pm
thankx when is Oopen bate?