Ok so, as I have didn't play cbt, I do not know the changes made to sorceress if any. However, I shall give my opinions for the stress test character I played.
My character was SkyRaker, guild leader of Nega Nebulus (Dione)
I was a full left tree player (except one point used for elemental summon). All points are mostly skilled into damage skills, except for one level of concentration and zephyr since I hadn't reached max level yet.
There are 6 opinions I would like to point out:
1. The casting time is off
- as I'm sure most casters are aware (in particular if you have cast times), the character tends to animate in the cast timing described, then there's a mini animation lag before your character fires the spell. It is therefore not exactly proportionate to the cast time. This kinda irritated me because even though I finished the cast animation, I couldn't fire my spell at players who ran out of range in time during the cast lag in RvR. I would suggest to either remove the delay, or lower the cast animating time to match it to a 2 second cast
(most skills of left tree states 2 second cast).
2. Skill cancelling
- This is a point added to point 1. Where most games allows you to cancel your skills by moving your character away midcast, this game is limited in that you can only cancel your skill AFTER your cast animation ended (at which point you obviously rather fire the skill than to walk away). I hope that this feature can be implemented in the future.
3. Firestorm and Quake have diff cooldowns despite being the strongest/last skill of their respective tree
- Because I wanted to play full damage, I didn't bother reading the right tree skills until I saw Quake's cooldown is 8 seconds, a large difference compared to Firestorm's 30 seconds. I would suggest to equal the 2 skills' cooldown times to balance the trees
, or else a strong equipped character could easily nuke with quake (not to mention it is ranged whereas firestorm is point blank AOE).
4. Physical Attack>Fireball/Call Lightning
- This point is the silliest I've noticed, because I totally skipped casting fireball ever since I pumped my staff to +7. Although my matk stats was 1038, my fireball dealt roughly 250ish damage, almost on par with my patk (175). This made me give up my fireball skill because I rather pattack twice in 2 seconds (175 dps) than to cast a fireball in 2 seconds + delay (100 dps). On the other hand, I still keep call lightning for its stun. Please adjust the matk modifier to give it a better damage, as I'm pretty sure every sorceress players are yelling at how poor our skill damage are
. Based on this results, and the fact that level 1 sorceress can deal about 100+ damage with fireball, I calculate that the current matk modifier is 5-6 MATK FOR 1 SPELL DAMAGE
5. Guild info on wiki is flawed
- This is with regards to the guild info on wiki http://www.aeriagames.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guilds&game=dragonknights.
Either the information is outdated or the game had a modified version of guild level info. I had to trial and error to discover the cost and benefits of levels. For instance, where the wiki said 100 rep to level guild to 2, it actually cost 300 rep in game during stress test. Benefits listed were all listed wrongly, such as the member limits, guild storage ability, etc. Other benefits were also missing such as the Defense master or offense mastery. Instead, I had passive hp regen and imprint/build camp skills available from level 1. Please correct the information on the wiki so that new guild leaders can refer to it for correct decision making and to know what exactly do they need and what benefits they can give to their members.
6. Guild options were inadequate
- I need to give a few examples of this from my memory (unfortunately I did not ss before the stress test abruptedly ended).
-guild invite button was inadequately named in the right click menu
: If i right click a person in front of me, the button to invite the person to the guild was called "Guild". For clarity's sake, I suggest changing the name to Guild Invite, so that it is the same as the one in guild menu.
-this was written in the guild info wiki: 100 character reputation converts into 1 guild reputation
. Unfortunately, I do not see any options for this in all the guild options. Therefore, I could only level my guild with gold. Please either add an option for this, or remove the info from the wiki.
I hope to see improvements to these points in open beta. Beyond that, fun game and I hope Romas will finally give the Lurking Dark Elves quest