TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedDec 18, 2012 1:53 am
PlaguedTitan wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:
What you need to do is save up a couple of thousand of them and rather than sell them all at once stagger them off by selling a hundred or so at a time because if someone sees a reduced price item in the AH they will jump to make a profit (be it reselling or by saving gold). Only by consistantly offering lower price items will people accept a new price and hence people will begin selling their stones in order to compete with yours, however there will be people who will still OP the stones but people will be much less inclined to buy them.  

but for this to be affective we still need the stones to be available more then once a week otherwise the stock will be depleted fairly quickly adn stone prices will rise again.  

My point exactly. Stock needs to be increased to lower prices
Advertisement

Davis_lau

Rank 0
PostedDec 18, 2012 2:04 am
Get the old table back and fix the rate..problem solved geniuses.

PlaguedTitan

Rank 1
PlaguedTitan
PostedDec 18, 2012 2:06 am
Davis_lau wrote:

Thanks for the tip Sherlock... wouldn't have thought of that if you didn't bring it up

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
PostedDec 18, 2012 2:06 am
The current Oclay table is fine and no adjustment to frequency is needed however the stones need to be implemented into the Underground Gold Shop as this, more than likely, will create a drop in prices very quickly as long as it is promoted well. Even if it is only introduced for a month the residual stock should keep prices low for a considerable amount of time. I am hoping that the GM/PM team take my suggestion onboard as this, while not an issue of grave importance, is a necessity in order to increase player satisfaction/peace of mind/morale/and act as a major gold sink seeing as though the gold used will be removed from the game ratherthan shifted around to other players and considering the demand for those stones i think we can all agree that it will most definately work.

Davis_lau

Rank 0
PostedDec 18, 2012 4:09 am
PlaguedTitan wrote:
Davis_lau wrote:

Thanks for the tip Sherlock... wouldn't have thought of that if you didn't bring it up  

Your welcome..oh well...u wont have to worry about any price hike anyway..ur rich lover will cover it up for u.

Xoxo

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
PostedDec 18, 2012 5:20 am
his lover doesnt give him freebies lol everyone is effected by low supply/high prices

Kinetik07

Rank 2
Kinetik07
PostedDec 19, 2012 4:50 pm
update: k, so I started recording today, but after a minute or so I realized today is magic crit dmg stones..

I didn't account for the fact that 8 physical crit dmg stones only appear once every two weeks.

I could do 500 rolls for magic crit stones too, but I'd rather keep the consistency. To get a rate that's close to the true one, it needs at least 1000 rolls especially with smaller chances. There should be a way to calculate the confidence interval of 500 vs 1000 rolls, but I still need to work it out.

Fenize

Rank 1
Fenize
PostedDec 19, 2012 4:56 pm
Kinetik07 wrote:
update: k, so I started recording today, but after a minute or so I realized today is magic crit dmg stones..

I didn't account for the fact that 8 physical crit dmg stones only appear once every two weeks.

I could do 500 rolls for magic crit stones too, but I'd rather keep the consistency. To get a rate that's close to the true one, it needs at least 1000 rolls especially with smaller chances. There should be a way to calculate the confidence interval of 500 vs 1000 rolls, but I still need to work it out.  
You probably just missed the phys crit damage stones. The table changes at 1 or 2 pm forum time (never really tracked what time it is excactly).

Kinetik07

Rank 2
Kinetik07
PostedDec 19, 2012 5:11 pm
Fenize wrote:
Kinetik07 wrote:

You probably just missed the phys crit damage stones. The table changes at 1 or 2 pm forum time (never really tracked what time it is excactly).  

Oh, I thought they changed at midnight. My internet kept going down this morning, and I didn't want it to interrupt the recording... Thnx for telling me. I'll keep an eye on what times the tables change.

Synith.

Rank 0
Synith.
PostedDec 19, 2012 6:30 pm
Honestly, might as well announce not to buy anything OP in AH since the price is the case.
I deffinitely do agree with you though for bringing this issue to the limelight. Prices on my server are bummy as well. However, if we really want these prices to drop, it's in the power of the server community to change that. Not just one or a few people. And by not purchasing OP items in AH, the prices will reduce. But we can only dream right?
Cheers!
~Syn.

I make my own signatures. And yes I can make you one, but they aren't free. Inbox me if you'd like to work something out. :)