Micheal20

Rank 2
PostedDec 12, 2012 11:24 am

No Balance for Classes (Mages/Rangers) in PVP!

It is totally unbalanced for Mages(especially) and Rangers in PvP!
Mages (and Rangers) Defense = Unfair Squishiness
With the new weapons and enchant scaling, fighters (im talking AOL but same for UoF) have an attack power from 7.5k - 9k. The resulting damage they do on Mages and Rangers is simply unfair. I'm not the best mage ever, but I think im decent, but some fighters can take me down in just 3-4 seconds! I wont bore everyone, anyone who pvp's knows that they messed up the mage class as well as the ranger class (less but still) pretty badly in regard to defense. The defense on fighter and defender gears is abt 1k on the top, 650 on the pants..i dont know the exact specs. But for mages the defense on their top is just under 500, and the pants about 300. Why?! Mages need the defense a lot more! they dont link rec and are much more squishy! Mages end up with a defense of about 2k if they are very well linked! Fighters can have about 4k! Add the IS buff and fighters have 6k+ while mages struggle to hit 3k Defense...!!
Attack Power
In regard to Attack power as well, the max attack w a {19} staff is abt 6k give or take..a good 2k less then fighters! If u want to argue that they are squishy but hit hard, like archers, then that wudnt be half as bad, but they dont even get nearly the same attack power as fighters or archers!! So where's the balance? what is their specialty? why is it fair?
If anyone disagrees please lemme know what u think, and if u have anything to add please do!

Please Post Support if u agree...If we get enough support we might get a message saying they'll look into it!!! *sarcasm Razz

Advertisement

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedDec 12, 2012 11:25 am
Hmm... how many times has this been brought up to and nothing been done... someone find all the threads Neutral

Gods.Child

Rank 3
Gods.Child
PostedDec 12, 2012 11:49 am

Re: No Balance for Classes (Mages/Rangers) in PVP!

Micheal20 wrote:
Mages need the defense a lot more! they dont link rec and are much more squishy!  

What mage doesn't link rec? Post your gear please.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

lxbryant1983

Rank 3
lxbryant1983
PostedDec 12, 2012 12:01 pm
Well oc your right but they wont do anything about it, we have been QQing bout these things for sooooo many years

<3 Odd

Micheal20

Rank 2
PostedDec 12, 2012 12:10 pm
More QQ = more fun..and only since ep6 rly..so cant be yrs Razz

Micheal20

Rank 2
PostedDec 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Gods.Child wrote:
Micheal20 wrote:
Mages need the defense a lot more! they dont link rec and are much more squishy!  

What mage doesn't link rec? Post your gear please.  

Ok some rec..but not 6's..and not in every piece..helm has safe lvl 2, top obviously none, pants safe 7 boots safe 7..and it doesnt do **** LOL

fkcmcp

Rank 5.1
fkcmcp
PostedDec 12, 2012 12:33 pm
if u cant prevent them from releasing new contents and cant drive them to put this issue to their top business priority ,then u should just change ur plan.

go play other class or game.

trafikklubb

Rank 1
trafikklubb
PostedDec 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Micheal20 wrote:

Attack Power
In regard to Attack power as well, the max attack w a {19} staff is abt 6k give or take..a good 2k less then fighters! If u want to argue that they are squishy but hit hard, like archers, then that wudnt be half as bad, but they dont even get nearly the same attack power as fighters or archers!! So where's the balance? what is their specialty? why is it fair?
If anyone disagrees please lemme know what u think, and if u have anything to add please do!

I just have to point out that people in general have a lot less resistance than defense. However I do agree with you, pvp is very unbalanced. On the other hand it has been to and from during all EP's. The one on top always seems to be the battle defender. Perhaps you should make one of those Wink

Sayonara, bishes.

filtereyeblind

Rank 2
filtereyeblind
PostedDec 12, 2012 1:27 pm   Last edited by filtereyeblind on Dec 12, 2012 6:21 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Micheal20 wrote:
Mages (and Rangers) Defense = Unfair Squishiness
With the new weapons and enchant scaling, fighters (im talking AOL but same for UoF) have an attack power from 7.5k - 9k. The resulting damage they do on Mages and Rangers is simply unfair. I'm not the best mage ever, but I think im decent, but some fighters can take me down in just 3-4 seconds! I wont bore everyone, anyone who pvp's knows that they messed up the mage class as well as the ranger class (less but still) pretty badly in regard to defense. The defense on fighter and defender gears is abt 1k on the top, 650 on the pants..i dont know the exact specs. But for mages the defense on their top is just under 500, and the pants about 300. Why?! Mages need the defense a lot more! they dont link rec and are much more squishy! Mages end up with a defense of about 2k if they are very well linked! Fighters can have about 4k! Add the IS buff and fighters have 6k+ while mages struggle to hit 3k Defense...!!
Attack Power

Please Post Support if u agree...If we get enough support we might get a message saying they'll look into it!!! *sarcasm Razz  

I've already accepted mage/pagan as the weaker class as to dmg and def. They have skills that do make them unique, and has a type of gameplay style attached to it.

Sighborg88

Aeria: Product Manager
Sighborg88
PostedDec 12, 2012 1:33 pm
Mages are the first class being looked into for re-balancing; we've already discussed a few options with Nexon and in general both of our teams are in agreement. However, their game designers are still investigating what exactly should be done. We should have an update soon.

"Does anyone have a soldering gun I can borrow? I'd like to use it to attach a soldering gun to myself."